• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any idea where Great Wakering's

any public transport available after the game?? Need to get back to rayleigh you see!!

Thanks, Tim
wow.gif

There are buses but i doubt you'd get back to Rayleigh but check the Arriva web-site for more info.

Its along the main road in Wakering on the left hand side near a sports hall and a big piece of land with 4 or 5 pitches! You'll be able to see the floodlights as you come along the road.

Nearest train station is shoebury probz about 5-10 mins away. Its goes to rayleigh, same line.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ Aug. 01 2005,19:55)]Nearest train station is shoebury probz about 5-10 mins away. Its goes to rayleigh, same line.
er, no it's not. Rayleigh is on the ONE line that starts at Southend Victoria

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ Aug. 01 2005,20:55)]Nearest train station is shoebury probz about 5-10 mins away. Its goes to rayleigh, same line.
Same line as Rayleigh?! I think not, old boy!!

WS

Buses stop leaving Great Wakering at 7.30 in the evening. It's out in the sticks, you see. Best bet is to take the 15 minute walk through the fields to Shoebury station or the 30 minute walk to Thorpe Bay stations (no fields involved), get on a train, get off at Southend Central, walk up the High Street and get on the train at Southend Victoria to get to Rayleigh.
To get to Burroughs Park, you need to drive to the end of Eastern Avenue, turn left at Bournes Green roundabout and past the Shell Garage. Veer left into Wakering Road (Thorpe Hall School and L.A. Fitness is on this road) and follow this road round the s-bend until you get to a pub on your left. Turn right here and follow the country lane down, past Star Lane and Wakering brick works. Once you're past these and over the first mini roundabout, you will be in Wakering High Street. Stay on this road until you get to the Exhibition Pub and park around there. Burroughs Park is opposite the pub. Not sure where the entrance to the ground id. I don't think it's on the high street. I believe there is a dirt track or an alley of some sort which comes off the high street next to the ground, and I think the entrance is down there.

Hope this is of some help.

KTF

Hi so just to clarrify could i walk to Shoebury or ThorpeBay station or is it just to far?? How long to walk to Southend? Thanks for all the info guys!!!!!

i wouldnt want to walk to any of southend, thorpe bay or shoebury from wakering. there are all too far. wakering is kind of out of town a bit. you best bet is to get a cab or persuade me to go with you but i cant go so sory.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 01 2005,20:59)]Hi so just to clarrify could i walk to Shoebury or ThorpeBay station or is it just to far?? How long to walk to Southend? Thanks for all the info guys!!!!!
Depends how quickly you walk but it's near enough 5 miles and some of the roads have pavements!

i'll help you lads...i got a 7seater with three baby seats,i'll pick you up!!!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Aug. 01 2005,21:27)]i wouldnt want to walk to any of southend, thorpe bay or shoebury from wakering. there are all too far. wakering is kind of out of town a bit. you best bet is to get a cab or persuade me to go with you but i cant go so sory.
My other half lives in Great Wakering. Last time I walked to Shoebury, it took 15 mins, 20 TOPS. But I walked throught the fields. If you walk along the roads, ai'll take walking time up to 40 mins. Thorpe Bay is indeed a long walk, however you do it. It takes me 45 minutes to get from Thorpe Bay to Wakering. But Shoebury is quicker.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Aug. 01 2005,21:27)]i wouldnt want to walk to any of southend, thorpe bay or shoebury from wakering. there are all too far. wakering is kind of out of town a bit. you best bet is to get a cab or persuade me to go with you but i cant go so sory.
Thankyou very much. Why cant you go?? I'm gonna miss you xx

The ground is in Little Wakering Hall Lane - a narrow road that runs off the High Street and is directly next to the British Legion club.

Oh......and the burgers are excellent !!

Back