• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Apart from SUFC who would you like to see promoted with Chesterfield?

ChicagoShrimper

Youth Team
I was thinking Oldham but I think they may have blown their playoff chances, so now I hope Barnet get promoted.

Bromley for me. Not a fan of artificial pitches, plus they always seem to be difficult to play against.
If not Bromley then I'd love to see one of Gateshead or Alty go up as I admire their style of play and how they have both built good sides on very limited resources.
Oldham don't concern me next season. They are a long way short of having a promotion winning side despite all of their investment and in Micky Mellon they don't have the man to lead them back into the EFL....imo of course!

Anyone know what Barnet’s finances are like?

I know they sold the impressive Mason-Clark to Posh and he did very well for them, earning a move to the Championship which they probably had a cut off.

I wonder if they have the finances to mount a sustained multi year promotion push or if they fall short whether it’ll need to be torn down.

Bromley so we don’t have to deal with those bastards next season. A side I'd like to go up on merit, probably Altrincham. Took the plunge going professional, very risky for them but it paid off and they play nice football. Gateshead knock it about nicely too, so one of those two

If our final points tally means that we miss out on a play off spot because of the ten point rule then I really hope that the seventh placed team who should have been 8th miss out, they won't have deserved promotion.

I know they sold the impressive Mason-Clark to Posh and he did very well for them, earning a move to the Championship which they probably had a cut off.

I wonder if they have the finances to mount a sustained multi year promotion push or if they fall short whether it’ll need to be torn down.

Their finances are Tony Kleanthous - he bought the club in 1994. Substantially richer than Ron but more savvy. He owns the Hive - Barnet don’t.

Think they have a few more sell-on clauses to come. I think they have 50% of Ronnie Edwards who Peterborough wanted £10m for in January. Think we'd be wise to cheer Barnet up.

Gateshead for the journey and they play some real good football on budget.

I would rather Oldham stay down and be favourites for next season. The worst thing could happen will be us as favourites. Every game in August and September will be labelled as "must win' by some on here. Followed by Mayer out threads.

Don't think Barnet as as good as some think. We played them at our lowest ebb, including Kev's bizarre choice of forwards. They really stole that game at their place.

They have lost 12 the same as us. Their advantage is they can turn draws into wins. Thats why they are second. Winning games we should is whats needed over the summer and we are in business

Gateshead I think will go up, brilliant side and seem to have a knack of losing their vest players but finding more gems.

The only team I can see stopping them is Altrincham who the last few weeks have started flying

Have mixed feelings on a 'Heed promotion.
Great they would regain their FL status, 64 years after they were cruelly robbed of it.
But I do have relations on Tyneside I like to see once in a while.
Otherwise, Altrincham, because I've already ticked off Moss Lane but not Bromley or Solihull.

Gateshead I think will go up, brilliant side and seem to have a knack of losing their vest players but finding more gems.

The only team I can see stopping them is Altrincham who the last few weeks have started flying
They've recently signed a couple of players, including the centre back from Dorking this week, as they fight to get over the line.

Promoted; Gateshead, really kicked on since their scrape from relegation last season.
Down; Wealdstone, Boreham Wood, Dorking to go with Oxford, although I would like to see Ebbsfleet take a dive like their forwards liked to do so much.

Promoted: Altrincham or Gateshead
Relegated: Oxford, Wealdstone, Boreham Wood and Maidenhead (although realistically it'll probably be Dorking)

Gateshead lack support and finances, unless they’ve recently acquired a new backer. Third worst supported team in this league ahead of Oxford and Boring Wood.

Gateshead- a very long away trip
Bromley - plastic pitch

I like Barnet away, Altrincham and Oldham will be tick in the box new grounds for me

Relegation- anyone with a plastic pitch or a crap view

Back