• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great news. Hopefully this will come as quite a shock to his system and he can put this all behind him and carry on with his sterling form. I dare say some people on here will be upset, though.

Good news but you wonder how two Judges can see things so radically different.

Good work by the Club and their legal team. Hopefully Ryan learns from this.

Bloody brilliant news. And so nice to see common sense prevail, i would never condone the act of violence that happened on either side, but he is certainly no worse than the people you read about in the local rag that get the same sentances......Well done judgey :smile:

eieieio its up the football league we go

Great news. I think this whole saga has been blown way out of proportion. Affray is a fight and it takes two to have a fight.

Hall was like a man possesed on Tuesday night and has been by far our best player since the turn of the year with all this on his shoulders, here's hoping his best form is still to come.

Good news but you wonder how two Judges can see things so radically different.

I guess they're human like the rest of us. A row with the missus and suspended sentence becomes a 20-week stretch...or the previous judge was a secret Col Ewe fan. :COL U:

You never know with these judges, some are very lenient and some are very hard line. We could have easily got another unfair one today.

Of cause and I fully understand that........But he was never going to be sent down!

Just a shame it had to go this far as its such a waste of time effort and money plus our prisons cant handle taking new inmates for such silly crimes

As mentioned above, these are exact terms according to glenn speller,

ryan hall has had sentence reduced to 12 wks in prison, suspended for 12 mnths & must do 150 hrs unpaid community work

Brilliant news....I'm so pleased for Hall. He has shown how good he is on the pitch with the threat of jail over his head the last few weeks and handled the situation very well.

Football aside, I remember reading he and his missus had run into trouble with all this going on, and I hope he can sort that out too - am I making it up? - think there was a kid involved too.

Football aside, I remember reading he and his missus had run into trouble with all this going on, and I hope he can sort that out too - am I making it up? - think there was a kid involved too.

think that was Lee Sawyer, Andy.

Am I being thick? How is this good news?

'Ryan Hall has had his sentence reduced to 12 weeks in prison & suspended for 12 months, he must also complete 150 hours unpaid work"

Just got back from Court 3.

Sentence reduced to twelve weeks suspended for 12 months, attached condition to the suspension order that Hall satisfactorily complete 150 hours unpaid community service.

Having sat through the appeal and having seen what evidence there was and the CCTV footage, which was basically the evidence, thought it was a close call but I think justice was done. To clear one thing up, the Court accepted that the CCTV wasn't clear enough and from the right angle to determine whether the kick landed on the upper body or, possibly the lower face.

Thought it was a very fair hearing, Crown barrister was not too great but Hall's barrister was good, right on the ball and was able to quote timings from the CCTV to within the second so had obviously prepared well and hit just the right note of contrition for the Justices I felt.
Good to see a full public gallery and a good representation from the club, TB, Easton, etc., to which the barrister referred.

Barrister also stated that the club fully intend to stand by Hall.

Incidentally, according to the court Hall has no previous convictions but did receive a caution for criminal damage in November, IIRC, 2007.

Also came out that Clohessy was given a caution for his part in the incident.

Something I found a little strange was that no evidence of injury could be submitted with regard to the guy that Hall kicked because he and all the other protagonists remain unidentified as they all refused to make a complaint and all refused to give the police their details, I'm sure I won't be the only one that finds it strange that you can get away with refusing to give your name, etc, to a police officer in a case such as this. Think it also gives a little indication as to how much they contributed to the incident.

Also good to report that there were no little smiles or smirks from Hall or anyone from the club just a fair bit of thank yous and shaking of barristers hands and a lot of relieved looks. Did mention to Easton that I thought it was a close one and a salutory lesson to which he replied 'tell us about it.' Hope that it is taken as a shot across the bows and we see no more court appearances, at least for this sort of thing, certainly from Hall's body language I don't think we'll be seeing him anywhere near a court any time soon.

Last edited:
think that was Lee Sawyer, Andy.

I'm sure I read it about Hall too.

I thought Sawyer got himself in trouble because his relationship broke down, but Hall's started to break down because he got in trobule.

As I said, maybe I am making all of this up!

Back