• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No they weren't. First half they were one of the worst teams I've seen at the Hall in a long time. Second half we were woeful and let them boss the game. They were second bottom for a reason.

Agreed. I think in the first half our system worked perfectly; we were shutting them down and forcing errors. What made the difference was the fact that Payne ran out of puff and wasn't doing everything he had done in the first half. They also made a change which we struggled to cope with and got on top.

The disappointing thing for me was that when we went to 4-4-2 we looked pretty poor and with the players we had out there that shouldn't have happened. But no-one at this level plays brilliantly all the time otherwise they wouldn't be at this level. But I think Brown is the person that can turn this around. I totally get why he wants to stop the goals conceded first as then we can sneak a couple of wins which will get the confidence up, which will then in turn lead to better performances and bigger victories. We'd all like to thrash teams 5-0 every week but it isn't going to happen.

Don't we all. But if you don't go you can't speak with any personal experience of what actually happened.

Hence why I haven't commented on yesterday!,Hence why I never commented on Tuesday's game either !

I only comment on games I have seen or if the team continue in the manner which nobody wants.

No problem with negative threads but the ones at the moment just seem a complete over reaction.

We have a bunch of off form decent players and we are actually still getting results. 6 points off top is nothing to worry about at this stage of the season and I believe the players can find form.

8 Points now after Burton's 2-0 win over Portsmouth.

I suppose it could be argued that we should give the credit to their manager for their change of system in the second half,
and criticise our manager for not having a response to their changes?

Yes, I think there manager does deserve credit for changing their system at half term. I also think that Brown's response on who replaced Jack Payne was the wrong one.

As I said earlier in the week, going by PB's comments it was clear what his game plan was going to be yesterday. Nick a goal and shut up shop. I dont care what anybody says, that approach against a very poor side is very negative. The goal we got should of been the catalyst to go on the front foot looking for blood. Brown does the complete opposite and it cost us the 3 points. Why oh why are we trotting out second half at home, with a goal lead against a poor side, with the instruction to shut up shop?
Interesting. I blame Sam Allardyce.

I want to talk about how great we are playing or smashing teams or their keeper making wonder saves or shots hitting the woodwork or one of our guys scoring a hat trick or we are flying in the table,I really want to.

I don't believe that for a second. I'm sorry but you could have talked about how well we played against Wimbledon (H) with their keeper making some excellent saves but you didn't, you simply criticised us not finding the back of the net. My feeling is that when we DO hit a purple patch of results we won't see you on here for a while until there is some kind of problem. But don't feel bad, you're not the first to be like that on here and you certainly won't be the last.....

I don't believe that for a second. I'm sorry but you could have talked about how well we played against Wimbledon (H) with their keeper making some excellent saves but you didn't, you simply criticised us not finding the back of the net. My feeling is that when we DO hit a purple patch of results we won't see you on here for a while until there is some kind of problem. But don't feel bad, you're not the first to be like that on here and you certainly won't be the last.....

Is the above another petty point scoring swipe?

I have been physically unable to post since Barrett scored ha ha. It's much easier to watch this unfold from a distance and watch 2-3 days of comments. What I'm still not getting the sense of is whether there is a feeling we are underachieving or whether mid table and maybe playoffs again is about our level. I can't believe the comments thrown about on Corr. A great servant to the club and going through a lean patch. I still think it is much too early to be hitting the panic button but stories of PB wanting to shut up shop defending a one goal lead against a team struggling for points is worrying.

how many seasons has it been since we had a decent home record by the way?

Does it really matter if people moan on here? I'd rather they vent their frustrations on a forum than get on the lads backs at the weekend.

I don't think many have a problem with negative posts/threads.

What annoys posters is when it is the same 2/3 users creating the same thread over the same point.

That doesn't even bother me, I just don't read it. What I think is annoying, is that the same posters then feel the need (on occasion) to get quite personal and offensive if everyone else doesn't agree with them.

There are a couple on here that I really wonder why you bother watching the football, it seems you get no enjoyment from it at all.

Back