• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Could not get there today.

But I have to state that Phil has perervered and his team nay our team are 3rd,signing Bazza was a master stroke and Adam has transformed the team with his never say die attitude and his sheer infectious style of play.

Anyway back to Phil,

At times it's been grim but he has done a super job regardless of what happens,8 clean sheets is incredible.

Apologies Phil I have been one of your biggest critics on here and I was wrong....Sign him up Ron.

If there was ever one post to sum up the moaners on Shrimperzone...

Can't knock you for that one Mrs B and hopefully Phil will continue to win over more of his doubters. The clean sheets is a significant part of our philosophy, the flip-side to any inability we sometimes have to press home any advantage. We're built from the back which may not be pretty at times and can be frustrating but there's no doubting we're a tough side to beat.

Well done Phil and the team!

Well said.

However bumpy the road might have been we have 84 points and possibly just a point from promotion, although probably 3 still needed.

Incredible achievement whatever may come next Saturday.

Have to say like a lot of fans I haven't been convinced by Brown. But he's really proven himself with this run that we've been on since the disappointment of the Burton defeat. His substitutions at Exeter and Bury changed the game, and signing Adam Barrett has turned out to be a smart move. If we were to get automatic promotion next week it would be a fantastic achievement. When's he signing this contract?

At last it seems old Filthy Phil has got things buzzing ! He's got character, even got Alan Brazil talking about us on Talksport
Phil must be the 2nd most vain manager in football, behind Mourinho ! If we win next weekend I will be a true convert,!

Long live King Phil

and good luck to him the marathon tomorrow

Agree with all the comments above, it's a results business and the results are excellent so well done PB.

I heard that at the AGM PB credited RM with the signing of Sir Adam who has turned out to be the 'voice of the dressing room', so well done to RM as well.

An amazing run of results - just one more needed.......

Hope I don't sound like I'm gushing or anything but if Barrett decides to call it a day then I hope he becomes part of the coaching staff. The club should put him through his coaching badges as I believe that in the near future it will be in our clubs best interest. He will bring nothing but good to the club IMO.

Hope I don't sound like I'm gushing or anything but if Barrett decides to call it a day then I hope he becomes part of the coaching staff. The club should put him through his coaching badges as I believe that in the near future it will be in our clubs best interest. He will bring nothing but good to the club IMO.

Adam is almost God !

Was over the moon when he resigned and he has been absolutely first class.

PB's plan and tactics have come on leaps and bounds and he seems to have hit on the perfect formula. Ok, we got lucky with the goal today but we attacked in waves today and could have had a hatful. I've said all along we need to get promoted in the autos and as long as we set our stall correctly next week, the 3 points will be ours. I just hope we don't get over anxious.

Correct decision to bring Payne off and put Weston on, he did really well that last 10 mins, down that channel with Corr and Deegan holding onto the ball

Adam just needs to agree to "one more season" for Phil in League One and things will be well set!

Yes, I hope Phil Brown signs his three year contract with Southend very soon. Portsmouth certainly seem to have their eyes on him.

Could not get there today.

But I have to state that Phil has perervered and his team nay our team are 3rd,signing Bazza was a master stroke and Adam has transformed the team with his never say die attitude and his sheer infectious style of play.

Anyway back to Phil,

At times it's been grim but he has done a super job regardless of what happens,8 clean sheets is incredible.

Apologies Phil I have been one of your biggest critics on here and I was wrong....Sign him up Ron.

What a shock.

Promote ok give him a 3 year deal. Fail in play offs 12 month with lucrative promotion and renewal clauses. Don't flame Mrs Blue. I too have changed my views. Ask yourself where Yorkshire Blue is now. Ask again whether the posting behaviour is designed to cover up the fact that YB and Wiggy are the same person, and of the female persuasion. Come on Yorkie, defend the indefensible. Phil and the squad have amazed us all.

The fact that he can leave Prosser out for weeks. Throw him on the bench and into the game without blinking. The fact that he can sub a sub as a tactical move. The fact that he can all this, find time to run, do the media and keep his tan up is impressive stuff.

I'm also not a big fan of RM but he should be given enormous credit for getting us into this position. He has EVERY right to celebrate on the pitch next week if we go up.

Promote ok give him a 3 year deal. Fail in play offs 12 month with lucrative promotion and renewal clauses. Don't flame Mrs Blue. I too have changed my views. Ask yourself where Yorkshire Blue is now. Ask again whether the posting behaviour is designed to cover up the fact that YB and Wiggy are the same person, and of the female persuasion. Come on Yorkie, defend the indefensible. Phil and the squad have amazed us all.

The fact that he can leave Prosser out for weeks. Throw him on the bench and into the game without blinking. The fact that he can sub a sub as a tactical move. The fact that he can all this, find time to run, do the media and keep his tan up is impressive stuff.

I'm also not a big fan of RM but he should be given enormous credit for getting us into this position. He has EVERY right to celebrate on the pitch next week if we go up.

Top post sir.... still waiting for Yorkshire blue to give his anti brown vitriol.

When I went to Luton away back in October, if you told me that one of teams would be in the autos and the other would spend another season in League 2 I wouldn't have picked in the way it's ended up as we were f*cking dreadful. Kudos to Mr Brown for turning it around.

I think OBL is right. Portsmouth have been rebuffed in their initial attempt to talk to Paul Cook, but Cook is extremely ambitious and he might consider the option of resigning from Chesterfield in order to take the Portsmouth job.

Back