• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Atmosphere on Saturday

Rusty Lee

Coach
On Saturday I hope we create a really rousing atmosphere around the ground.

Northampton did their best on Sunday to make Southend feel intimidated but with us having over 3000 more home fans I would hope we would generate some serious noise.

I'll be down Prittlewell station early on Sat with my white paint writing "Welcome to Hell" or maybe "Romans go home"

tounge.gif

You'd like to think it will be a pretty good atmosphere, the last few home games, especially the Yeovil one, have been exceptional, almost like the old days of the North Bank... Almost!

Northampton have sold there allocation I see, so im guessing they wont be shy in the noise stakes, so its upto us to make it a fortress come 6.15.... Although given how weve performed recently in front of large crowds and noisey atmospheres, maybe we should just whisper our support!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ May 18 2005,16:07)]I'll be down Prittlewell station early on Sat with my white paint writing "Welcome to Hell" or maybe "Romans go home"

tounge.gif
ROMANUS ITE DOMUM!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 18 2005,16:29)]George Davis is innocent
Where does that come from? I once saw it painted on a wall. There were lots stories about who it referred to - but I never found out the truth.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ May 18 2005,16:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ May 18 2005,16:07)]I'll be down Prittlewell station early on Sat with my white paint writing "Welcome to Hell" or maybe "Romans go home"

tounge.gif
ROMANUS ITE DOMUM!
People called Romans they go to the house?!
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcrabb @ May 18 2005,16:50)]
[b said:
Where does that come from? I once saw it painted on a wall. There were lots stories about who it referred to - but I never found out the truth.
East End gangster of the 70's. His supporters ploughed up the pitch at Headingley in the middle of an Ashes match in 1975(?) with England in a winning position, so the match had to be abandoned as a draw.
mad.gif

By the way, I don't think he was innocent. Not according to the judges, anyway
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ May 18 2005,17:14)]By the way, I don't think he was innocent. Not according to the judges, anyway
rock.gif
Not that they would have decided that, of course (unless he was up in front of magistrates). The question of guilt is always decided by the jury in a Crown Court.

unclesam.gif

Incidentally, when a judge intervenes, it will only ever be to direct a jury to return a not guilty verdict.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ May 18 2005,16:07)]On Saturday I hope we create a really rousing atmosphere around the ground.

Northampton did their best on Sunday to make Southend feel intimidated but with us having over 3000 more home fans I would hope we would generate some serious noise.

I'll be down Prittlewell station early on Sat with my white paint writing "Welcome to Hell" or maybe "Romans go home"

tounge.gif
yeah,romans go back home
tounge.gif

Northampton fans only sing when they're winning so hopefully we can get an early goal, shut them up and get the Shrimpers singing!

Although we've had good atmospheres in the last few games, it doesn't seem to have actually helped much. The Bristol Rovers home game strikes me as the only one where the atmosphere has helped. Nevertheless the lads need our support.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ May 18 2005,17:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcrabb @ May 18 2005,16:50)]
[b said:
East End gangster of the 70's. His supporters ploughed up the pitch at Headingley in the middle of an Ashes match in 1975(?) with England in a winning position, so the match had to be abandoned as a draw.
mad.gif

By the way, I don't think he was innocent. Not according to the judges, anyway
rock.gif
1975. He was probably innocent of the charge (armed robbery) that initially got him banged up, but his problem was that he couldn't supply an alibi. This may have been because he was on another "job" at the time.... Sham69 even wrote a song about it.

Very hard-fought campaign, complete with what became the iconic slogan "George Davis is Innocent" eventually saw his conviction overturned and him released. Not very long after that the police, who are not always as thick as they look, and resent being made to look so by East End Thugs, caught him redhanded robbing a bank. The graffiti was changed to read "George Davis is Thick"....

gdavis.jpg

Back