• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's the job of the Commercial department to come up with ways of parking bums on seats - and there is a willingness to be innovative, but there are dozens of ideas out there yet to be tried.
Brentford recently gambled on 'pay what you think the game's worth' and ironically that game was postponed.
But you can imagine the gimmicks (like the above) that would have been tried in American sport, by now?
Bradford City, similarly challenged with Yorkshire neighbours like our London ones, seem to be better at getting big gates than we do in a big, sorry HUGE, catchment area.
Basildon (185,000 plus - 2011 figures) is a town in the UK's top 20 populations. How many there might be persuaded to go 10 miles east rather than 15-20 miles west?

As others have pointed out even if it had been £10 last night I doubt we would have had a 6,000 crowd.

Look at Brentford last night it was 'pay what you want' and they had a 7,000 crowd but had sold 10,000 tickets. So 3,000 who had cheap tickets did not even bother to go.

Good idea by the club for the Rotherham game, but why no reduction for an extra Child ticket?

As others have pointed out even if it had been £10 last night I doubt we would have had a 6,000 crowd.

Look at Brentford last night it was 'pay what you want' and they had a 7,000 crowd but had sold 10,000 tickets. So 3,000 who had cheap tickets did not even bother to go.

Good idea by the club for the Rotherham game, but why no reduction for an extra Child ticket?

Totally agree , think they're missing trick there.
As someone once said "I believe that children are the future"................

As it has been pointed out our attendance for Cheltenham game was actually good in relation too other games in leagues 1 and 2 that night.Football is an expensive hobby and with a lot of people struggling for cash right now some games will be less well attended.

As it has been pointed out our attendance for Cheltenham game was actually good in relation too other games in leagues 1 and 2 that night.Football is an expensive hobby and with a lot of people struggling for cash right now some games will be less well attended.

To. It's to. Not too, but rather to.

I assume that you have emailed this suggestion to the club?

I have in the past emailed the club about child special offers especially in relation to cup games, taking a family to say the JPT area final next week who normally sit in the family stand is actually more expensive than a normal league match!

As said already halving prices wont double attendances.

We had a year recently when tickets were a few quid cheaper and it didnt result in an increase so they put them back up again.

That said, we know that Tuesday games in the heart of winter will normally be the lower attended games so it might make sense to use those for one off deals (which if planned for could be reflected in season ticket prices too)

Back