• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Australian Open

You ****ing beauty! Stick that set in your pipe and smoke it Jammy and MK!
Hey back off, I knew he would do it.

Dont start using what I said before as evidence I thought he had lost it.

As long as he sticks to 442 this game is won.

(unless he loses two games in a row then Ill give up on him again :smile:)

Tough set there for Murray, now he needs to regroup..if he isn't knackered of course.

Just not good enough, Djokovic is just a different class.

Utterly destroyed. No other word for it.

Really?

He could of and should have won the first set. The first two sets were physically and emotionally draining. Once he got broken straight away in the 3rd he was on the back foot and went into self-destruct mode. However he was the better player in the first two sets and if he had a little bit of luck he could have been 2 sets up and it would have been a completely different game. The fourth set was a car-crash but there was no way he was going to come back at the point, the damage had been done and he was broken.

Really?

He could of and should have won the first set. The first two sets were physically and emotionally draining. Once he got broken straight away in the 3rd he was on the back foot and went into self-destruct mode. However he was the better player in the first two sets and if he had a little bit of luck he could have been 2 sets up and it would have been a completely different game. The fourth set was a car-crash but there was no way he was going to come back at the point, the damage had been done and he was broken.

First two sets yes, he was matching Djoko, maybe even surpassing him , but being 2-0 up in the 3rd, and then just winning 1 game out of the remaining 13 is being utterly destroyed. Djoko is a class apart and I honestly can't see Murray winning another slam sadly. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

Last edited:
I also think Murray is still coming back to his absolute top fitness, which is what he would have needed against Nole today. He just didn't have enough to go toe-to-toe for 4/5 sets.

I knew he wouldnt do it all along. Except for when I knew he would do it.

Murray can go back from being British to Scottish again. Until Wimbledon.

First two sets yes, he was matching Djoko, maybe even surpassing him , but being 2-0 up in the 3rd, and then just winning 1 game out of the remaining 13 is being utterly destroyed. Djoko is a class apart and I honestly can't see Murray winning another slam sadly. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

He can win more slams. Djoker is in a different league right now, but Murray definitely has the game to beat him at any of the other three biggies. Of course, Djoker would be the favourite in any match between the two over the next year, but Murray has been at the very top and can be again. Don't forget that Fed is definitely on the slide now and I do wonder if injuries may be starting to take their toll with Nadal.

Last edited:
WADA also seems to be ratcheting up the rhetoric, which'll make for an intriguing 2015 of tournament withdrawals.

To suggest Murray won't win another slam is hugely reactionary to yesterday. He simply allowed Djokovic to get in his head with the whole ankle bollocks which was a bit too low a level for a champion of Nole's pedigree to stoop too in my opinion. He'll learn from that.

Back