• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well maybe you should do some research. I am talking league goals of which he has five and according to the stats http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/146223/ryan-leonard?cc=5739 he is not credited with assists. Whether you want to pick pathetic little holes in everything or not it is abundantly clear he and others have not done enough of what is needed.

If his pass to put Hurst through on goal at Cheltenham isn't counted as an assist, you may as well discount every stat on that site.

What is wrong with you people? Find an assist and prove the stats wrong and so what? He like the rest has not done enough of them. The pedantic highlighting of errors in stats does not make the essence of the stats wrong.

Ball to feet!!! Simple, really! Stop lobbing the ball up high in anticipation of (a) Corr winning the header or
(b) Loza running onto it! So exasperating!

That is certainly what they would pefer, but playing the ball to their feet doesnt mean they are going to score more unless they are in the box.

As for Saturday, we didnt give Loza hardly anything to run onto. If we had he may have been more effective, but its the playing it to his feet with his back to goal that nullifies what threat he has.

We dont seem to be playing to anyone's strengths at the moment.

What is wrong with you people? Find an assist and prove the stats wrong and so what? He like the rest has not done enough of them. The pedantic highlighting of errors in stats does not make the essence of the stats wrong.

Er you came on and posted stats to start this thread to make your point, people are entitled to dispute them.

Can you elaborate on what Barnard and Eastwood's strengths are and how we should be using them in a way that they would do better than Loza/Corr.

Other than giving them the ball in the box, which Loza and Corr would both benefit from as well Im not sure how they would be a better option as we then lose out on Loza's pace and Corr's threat in the air.

Oh yes, sorry Jam Man, you are of course right. Thats why we are points clear at the top of the table and with promotion sewn up yonks ago. Corr is the man. The king. Get a life. He has been found out this season and was never what so many cracked him up to be.

You're right of course. Why change anything? Its not as though we are struggling to put the ball in the net against some of the weakest teams in our league or even looking as though we could play all night and not score. Yes lets just repeat the same mistakes that have taken us from autos contenders to scrabbling for the play-offs. Oh and if we do make the play-offs I am sure without changing anything we must be the favourites. My backside.

Er you came on and posted stats to start this thread to make your point, people are entitled to dispute them.

Dispute what? the point is the assists are not good enough. An error or two in those stats will not change that. Instead of sniping at the stats try discussing the point.

You're the one who based your argument on stats? I don't know why you're questioning Ryan Leaonard's contribution based on some stats from ESPN. His through ball to Loza for the cross for the first goal against Oxford won't go down as an assist but it still played a key part in the goal. There are certain players that should be criticised for their efforts this season but our best player isn't one of them.

Oh yes, sorry Jam Man, you are of course right. Thats why we are points clear at the top of the table and with promotion sewn up yonks ago. Corr is the man. The king. Get a life. He has been found out this season and was never what so many cracked him up to be.

You're right of course. Why change anything? Its not as though we are struggling to put the ball in the net against some of the weakest teams in our league or even looking as though we could play all night and not score. Yes lets just repeat the same mistakes that have taken us from autos contenders to scrabbling for the play-offs. Oh and if we do make the play-offs I am sure without changing anything we must be the favourites. My backside.

We have changed things, we have changed from Corr up front in a 451 to bringing in Loza and also changed the system we are playing to 442/433 depending on how you class Hurst.

We have also won 3 in a row until Saturday.

Personally I don't think Loza and pace is the be all and end all others claimed it would be, but that still doesn't mean we should play Barnard who has started 4 in a row and done nothing, nor Eastwood who cant last 90 minutes.

You're the one who based your argument on stats? I don't know why you're questioning Ryan Leaonard's contribution based on some stats from ESPN. His through ball to Loza for the cross for the first goal against Oxford won't go down as an assist but it still played a key part in the goal. There are certain players that should be criticised for their efforts this season but our best player isn't one of them.

In my opinion Leonard is a very good player. I believe he will play well above this level. That is not in dispute. The point I am making is that for whatever reason, we have talented players in the mid, but they are not punishing the opposition enough in the final third.

For me it must be the role they are told to play and for me it is not getting the best out of them.

There is something very strange at this club IMO.

Phil prefers to select players as in Fred and Lee yet

They never last 90 minutes.
They rarely score.
They rarely put in any decent show.
They have virtually no impact.

How many other managers would continue with this madness?

Corr IMO has been asked to play the lone target which clearly does not suit his game yet Phil constantly used him in this role.

Baffling.

In my opinion Leonard is a very good player. I believe he will play well above this level. That is not in dispute. The point I am making is that for whatever reason, we have talented players in the mid, but they are not punishing the opposition enough in the final third.

For me it must be the role they are told to play and for me it is not getting the best out of them.

This I totally agree with, last two home games there has been very little penetration and the midfield and full backs need to step it up.

There is something very strange at this club IMO.

Phil prefers to select players as in Fred and Lee yet

They never last 90 minutes.
They rarely score.
They rarely put in any decent show.
They have virtually no impact.

How many other managers would continue with this madness?

Corr IMO has been asked to play the lone target which clearly does not suit his game yet Phil constantly used him in this role.

Baffling.

He has to play the players he has.

Corr did play the lone target man very well for a period and it took us to the top of the table, so its not that baffling. He has since changed it as it then stopped being as effective, but that wasnt down to Corr but the rest of the team.

My point is Woodrow and Barnard are NOT contracted players yet under Phil they both had game after game without doing the business.

From memory both players have featured in around 30 league games possibly even more,Yet their combined contribution in actually scoring are 1 penalty and 2 goals from open play!

Why would any manager continue to select these when it's abundantly clear THEY CANNOT SCORE within reasonable boundaries.

Loza hasn't 'done anything' in 3 games, when are you going to call for him to be dropped?

Dont get me wrong I think Barnard has had enough starts and should be dropped, but thats nothing to do with whether he is on loan or not. I dont care if someone is online or permanent. The best players should start and he did actually play well with Loza for the first two games.

Loza hasn't 'done anything' in 3 games, when are you going to call for him to be dropped?

Loza in his short time has offered far more and scored a wonder goal and won a penalty!..In just 4 appearances!

I don't really understand your point?

Loza in his short time has offered far more and scored a wonder goal and won a penalty!..In just 4 appearances!

I don't really understand your point?

The point is that was 4 games ago, he hasnt done anything since, if he doesnt score in the next 3 games will you start berating him too as he is a loan player ? Im not sure how you measure players' contributions

(I did update my post, you were quick off the mark!)

Dont get me wrong I think Barnard has had enough starts and should be dropped, but thats nothing to do with whether he is on loan or not. I dont care if someone is online or permanent. The best players should start and he did actually play well with Loza for the first two games.

Being on loan has IMO got everything to do with it.

Woodrow was never ever going to join the club yet received unbelievable treatment in his copious time on the pitch likewise Barnard.

Now if either player were/did score for fun I would be the first on here praising them from the rooftops.

The point is that was 4 games ago, he hasnt done anything since, if he doesnt score in the next 3 games will you start berating him too as he is a loan player ? Im not sure how you measure players' contributions

(I did update my post, you were quick off the mark!)

I have seen enough of him to believe he will be dangerous and I have faith he will score so he Defo will not get any moans from me.

To be honest theres an argument for dropping both Barnard and Loza...both have been poor to average bar 1 good game from Loza...If we continue to play Loza we need to use him differently as he has not been effective against Cheltenham, Torquay and Wimbledon who are far from the best teams in this league...Barnard just does not seem to be good enough, though I would not question either players effort or commitment.

However the argument for dropping one or both has to be backed up by having alternative options fit to play and likely to do any better, and that's the decision the management team have to make.

I would personally put Corr in above both of them, he is no world beater, but even when not playing well he can grab a goal from a set piece...Barnard looks as if he could play until christmas and not grab a goal currently.

Back