• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
Blimey, think he's gone nuts and drawn it out of a hat! :-

Bentley, White, Thompson, Barrett, Coker, Hurst, Deegan, Kamara, Wordsworth, Payne, Barnett

Terrible line up. We need to play 5 at the back. No Bolger... Hunt and mooney not even on the bench...

All the makings of his last game. Two players out of the cold straight in. Hurst given yet another chance. What McLaughlin has done we will never know. Still it will be just like Southend to win this 2-0

On BBC Essex he was saying about 'clean sheet mentality' as he likes to and then says he is playing Kamara and Hurst!

Atkinson, Timlin, McLaughlin and even McQueen I would say should be in front of either of those two.

Wonder how the tough tackling Kamara , Wordsworth and Hurst are going to get stuck into midfield, hammock anyone?

Think he is getting desperate, week after week he keeps tinkering. Again lopsided with only one winger, and this being a player who has barely played recently. Why no McQueen or Mclaughlin? Only one striker on the bench! Looks like a team set up for a draw, which never really works! Lucky to get anything out of this!

Timlin & Deegan protecting the back four and McLaughlin & Hurst (if he has to) out wide, would have a better shape to it.

Well after seeing that, if we get a 0-0, it will feel like a win to me.

So much for Weston's big return??

Ooooh well, hopefully should be a good crowd this afternoon for our travelling faithfull, Barnsley average around a 9,300 attendance and I would imagine we have taken around 250 today, about on par with our away games at Bradford, Chesterfield, Crewe & Shrewsbury.

Very good luck to the brave travelling faithful, lets hope we pull something out of the bag. Hursty is playing for a renewal of his contract so might spark up til the papers are signed, otherwise is Phil having a meltdown and given up on play offs?, Will be pleased to eat my words but the line ups of late have led me to believe we wouldnt play well and win

I suppose one saving grace is that Sam Winnall isnt starting for them this afternoon (he is one the bench though) despite being injured a few times this season, he has been on great form with 18 goals so far this season.

Wonder how the tough tackling Kamara , Wordsworth and Hurst are going to get stuck into midfield, hammock anyone?

That's a good point you are making regarding lack of bite in midfield. Timlin may have been the better option. Not sure Thompson is the answer at the back, we really could do with a couple of new centre backs for next season. Still could get something out of this game though.

Back