• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MR G

First XI⭐
Surely he can't be allowed to just walk away - he adds so much value to the club, he loves the club and the fans love him.
Convinced he has made a massive difference since he rejoined.
Havent seen such passion since I used to watch paul clarke.
Please stay for at least one more season.

Think it will be entirely up to Adam. Signing off with a promotion win at Wembley would be a hell of a way to retire.

Is there any other player who can now match his legend.
3.....yes 3 promotions
local lad loves the club
statue at new stadium surely
tricky decisions to be made in the summer. Ad may want another year...will brown see him as league 1 standard, maybe not.
Maybe ad will decide to bow out on a high.

Is there any other player who can now match his legend.
3.....yes 3 promotions
local lad loves the club
statue at new stadium surely
tricky decisions to be made in the summer. Ad may want another year...will brown see him as league 1 standard, maybe not.
Maybe ad will decide to bow out on a high.

Er Spencer Prior? 4 promotions, also from Southend.

Adam Barrett is magic though :winking:

Totally agree with sentiment, it is no coincidence that our form and more importantly our never say die attitude improved markedly upon his arrival

On the sponsors night he said he would stay if Brown wanted him and the ball was in the clubs court!

#1more year

I think he was the key to our promotion but probably not enough left in him for next season and younger blood is needed.

Make no bones, Adam gave us the edge when he came back,wonderful professional who always gives his all for the club.

ONE MORE YEAR!!!!!!!!

Undoubtedly, one more year for Adam. Don't forget,Uncle Ron was stupid enough to let him down previously.We could of had five more years of his leadership,but for misjudgement by Martin.Yet again, one more year please Adam.

We would not have won promotion without Adam !,no coincidence the team went on their superb unbeaten run.

I'd like to see Barrett back again next season. Has he got enough (more than just passion) to move into coaching? Can see him doing a great job with the youngsters.

Personally I feel League One may be too high for another year as a first choice... but as a player/coach role and squad member, absolutely.

I agree with the other posts here - he was the one that really brought the passion back to the team and got us over the line. He is a MUST for 'player coach' next season

If he is happy to accept he may not be first choice all season then undoubtedly yes. No denying this would be a perfect time to retire though.

Personally I feel League One may be too high for another year as a first choice... but as a player/coach role and squad member, absolutely.
Adam Barrett has never been quick and clearly keeps himself extremely fit. He is probably fitter than a lot of centre-backs 10 years younger than himself. Personally, I think a player-coach role would be ideal for him at this stage in his career. He is arguably the most committed player at Southend - although one could say Michael Timlin is his near equal in this area - since Paul Clarke played in the 1980s. I also think if Southend are going to make a serious effort bid for promotion in League 1 they are going to need the right blend of youth and experience.

Player/coach role would be ideal,you can't forget how beneficial experience and leadership can be in a dressing room

Back