• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bauer v Roces

Which Skates did you own?

• Total voters
Lots of my mates had Bauer but I had Roces. Loved them, very comfortable, with jump bars, wedges, back stop, CZ bearings etc. Spent many many good times at Roller City either Speed Skating, playing Chariots, bulldog or sticky glue..Those were the days.

There is a Facebook page for Roller City, and some of the guys from back in the day still arrange trips to Colchester on a regular basis for Skate get togethers.

Alas, my boots have long gone, but would love to go one time, would be great watching a load of 35-40 belting round the rink in Colchester.

never had Roces, Bauer for me... and then I moved to blades (after Rollercity closed though)

Bauer turbos... like these!

cimg1908%5Bekm%5D400x300%5Bekm%5D.jpg

Never skated but the wife skated from roller city to the blue peter studios so she was a part of the crew many years ago,if any of you roller cityers boffed her then lets compare notes and see how she has matured.

Bauer were always considered that bit cooler as I recall. I had Roces (says it all!) and they were great.

OMG!!!!!one!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe that Bauers are coming second, there was only ever one skate worth wearing back in the day and it wasn't Roces - FACT!

roller city wasn't about roces or bauers, it was just a pre-Zeros meat market for 12 year olds. 50p spectator entrance was the way forward. #fact

Back