• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC Essex Ron interview here

Were we expecting the club to get any income from the flats? I don’t think it’s ever been suggested we would get any income from that side of it, only from events actually held at the stadium. Although I could be wrong.

I think you are right, but to say that we won't be getting any money from something attached to the stadium a few minutes after calling a fan "cynical" for asking if the club would directly get revenue from the extra income streams is a bit hypocritical in my opinion.

He said the money from the Roots Hall development would go directly to funding the new stadium (3 sides or 4 sides?).

Either way, none of it matters if we can't even get a single brick laid down.

Were we expecting the club to get any income from the flats? I don’t think it’s ever been suggested we would get any income from that side of it, only from events actually held at the stadium. Although I could be wrong.
When the proposal was for retail I believe he is on record as saying we would benefit from some of the rental income. As the project has moved to residential it appears the benefits have diminished somewhat

When the proposal was for retail I believe he is on record as saying we would benefit from some of the rental income. As the project has moved to residential it appears the benefits have diminished somewhat
The underlying principle of income gained from the move us still the same. So what has changed. Greed? Or the councils involvement?

So who makes the profit from the sale and rent from the residential properties at both FF and RH ??
My understanding is all profit from the rent and sale of properties goes to Southend council which is why they are pushing so hard to get Fossetts and Rootshall done and dusted.
The extra income will be a major boost to the Councils finances

He must sit there and decide which year we'll do well, because he'll pull every cent back for the following season. Sol Campbell had to play the kids, so did Molesley, Ron was just happy to wait until he could borrow against FF build.
Meanwhile, just about breaking the hearts of Southend fans for a good two seasons plus.
And there is nothing to suggest anything much will change, we all know the king of spin seldom comes true.
I've watched every Ron zoom meeting, interview, and read every statement for years and years. If i could use the search function effectively on here i'd bring these up. It'll never be his fault, he'll defend his castle until he drops on his sword, the rest of us are mere minions.
That may sound bitter, sensationalist, like i have an agenda, cross to burn ? Well it would do, because we all owe Ron our gratitude of all those millions ploughed into the club, right?

We need to get along and protest. Look forward to meeting up with some of you guys from on here tomorrow, not that i know many. I DO HOPE to see the Trust, All at Sea and all the supporter's groups in that car park. Time for some proper representation. The player needs to be played.

I also appear to be in the minority that truly hopes Phil Brown leaves tomorrow and is never seen again - so his faith in him despite slagging him a few weeks previous scares me immensely.

He's just never learning from his past wrongs

I understand that many don't like Phil Brown and I understand why. But, whatever you think of him as a man or as a manager I think he will hold Ron Martin to account way more than most will.

Ideally I'd like a complete turn of the page - as few players returning as possible, a Collymore/CEO as the face of the Club and a new manager. But I feel there's some advantages to Brown staying.

Its obvious ron is hurting and wants the club to succeed! I dont agree with the protests and they should not happen! In my opinion the club will probably be the strongest it's been for years next season and will both be successful on and off the pitch.
What is that based on? People said the same thing last year.

Nothing is going to change until something changes.

A CEO who knows football is a must Ron leaving well alone to people who know better than him is also a must .

This challenge to relegation is quite bizarre :

1. What may or may not have happened last season is irrelevant.

2. Decisions taken about continuing the two sixth tier Divisions are irrelevant.

3. If he thought there was a problem with competition integrity when the NLN and NLS were suspended, that was the time to say something.

4. As it is, he wants to substitute the prejudice he perceives Southend to have suffered for a very real prejudice inflicted upon the two teams who would be eligible to come up from the NL.

I hope the EFL give it short shrift, but with them you never know. It just seems a pretty shameful way to behave to me. If I was at all cynical I would view it as an effort to distract attention away from the fact that your club is in this position because of a prolonged period of mismanagement. And he can't really blame anyone else for that - can he?

Back