• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Photo posted on CPs twitter feed looks like the game v Patrick Thistle is being played in a park?

DENiBLOXgAEEpxm

Blues first half: Oxley, White, Ferdinand, Kyprianou, Coker, Ansah, Leonard, Yearwood, McLaughlin, Cox, Acquah

Who is Acquah?
Yearwood? U21 player... any good?

Blues second half: Smith, Bwomono, Trialist, Matsuzaka, Hendrie, McGlashan, Bedford, Timlin, Cotton, Bridge, Robinson

Who's the trialist??

I wonder whether the secret behind closed doors stuff is Phil trying to be a bit cute. We've tended to start seasons poorly since he's been at the club, then pick up form later. This is partly due to late transfer business but I wonder whether he has felt that tactics we was testing out in friendlies had been nobbled by scouts from the sides we faced early in the season? The likes of Gills who were ***** last year pasted us twice early on, and could well have seen several local friendlies. They can still see Brighton of course but one game won't necessarily give all his ideas away...

For me, I'd rather we kept our cards close to our chest and got off to a flier.

Blues first half: Oxley, White, Ferdinand, Kyprianou, Coker, Ansah, Leonard, Yearwood, McLaughlin, Cox, Acquah

Who is Acquah?

Blues second half: Smith, Bwomono, Trialist, Matsuzaka, Hendrie, McGlashan, Bedford, Timlin, Cotton, Bridge, Robinson

Who's the trialist??

Could be Turner?

Who is Acquah?

Who's the trialist??

Wheres Turner and MK? Anyone else ive missed out?

Has Turner signed a contract or not Thought it was a done deal from what Pb was saying while they was in spain .

They knew all about this before they went to Spain.

The police are unlikely to be strongly interested!

Doesnt matter if they are interested or not, any game needs policing.

Plus staff, stewards, catering and everything else that goes with match day.

As someone else alluded to the pitch may not even be ready to play on and the game wasnt even played in a stadium.

It was a training exercise no more.

Just for the record guys I can tell from the photograph the match was played at the Five Lakes Hotel training pitch. I saw them coming off the pitch as I was driving away from the complex after a round of golf today.

I can't see why people are getting het up about us playing Partick Thistle in a behind closed doors match away from Roots Hall. We have 23 home league matches to watch very soon and as many away games as you want to go to.

It's more to do with fitness, both clubs wanted to play different 11s in both halves to give all their players a run out, think they might even be doing it as three sections of 30 minutes.

If gates are open then it has to abide by FIFA rules which limit it to six subs and two halves of 45.

That, combined with Partick being based in Colchester, probably meant it was better and easier for all involved so early on in the pre-season schedule.

I'm pretty sure that is not the case !

Doesnt matter if they are interested or not, any game needs policing.

Plus staff, stewards, catering and everything else that goes with match day.

As someone else alluded to the pitch may not even be ready to play on and the game wasnt even played in a stadium.

It was a training exercise no more.

Of course it wasn't played in a stadium. That would have meant an administrator putting in some effort like they reluctantly have to for Essex Senior Cup games.

Plenty of police at those games too.

Back