• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
Southend United @SUFCRootsHall
now
Southend United have this afternoon signed goalkeeper Cameron Belford on a one month loan from Bury. More to come on southendunited.co.uk

Bit of a turn out for the books that one, happy with that.

Hahaha I have to laugh, what a shambles! :smile:

Happy with Belford, but the club have made themselves look right idiots with this one..... :whistling:

why dont we sign him up??

My guess is Belfords demands were more than we wanted to pay and Sturrock may want him to prove he is good enough.

I had doubts last season but he is a decent keeper and happy to see him back and hope he proves my doubts to be wrong.

More than happy with this, liked him and hope he gets a permanent in due course. Feel sorry for Dan Bentley though.

Not sure why, Bentley was never going to be no.1

Feel sure Belford will start tonight now, I just hope Bentley's confidence hasn't been knocked in recent games, and thinking he was going to start but now looks unlikely.

He wont, Bentley will.

Not sure why, Bentley was never going to be no.1

"The loan deal was completed in time for tonight’s Capital One Cup match with Peterborough United at London Road.

19-year-old Daniel Bentley had been expected to make his full debut this evening."

Belford will be starting tonight, not Bentley

@cambelford Delighted to be back at southend! Was never in doubt really!! Up the shrimpers!

Hahaha I have to laugh, what a shambles! :smile:

Happy with Belford, but the club have made themselves look right idiots with this one..... :whistling:
How? The club is entitled to find what it considers to be the right choice. Just cause it looks a certain way to us means nothing. We all know that finding the right target can be derailed by almost anything. The amount of pages devoted this topic is quite astounding and I don't perceive anyone of us on the outside would have a clue. But some of the speculation and comments have been a bit inflammatory and I don't believe is helpful. I really don't care what it looks like, I'll support the club on this.:loyalsupporter:

Back