• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
WG14 has shown us the light:

7/8/04:

Lewes 2 Aldershot 0

The starting eleven was the same as on Tuesday, and the performance was of a similarly high standard. We more than matched the visitors for the first 25 minutes, and then took the lead with a beautifully worked goal. A lovely ball by Anthony Storey sent Kirk Watts racing clear down the right, and when he pulled the ball back from the byline, there was Barrington Belgrave powering in to slam the ball into the net. What a player.

We were two up by half time, and this time it was all about Belgrave's strike partner Luke Cornwall, who chased a hopeful ball forward and just kept it in, skinned the right back, and then pounced on the loose ball as Belgrave again made a nuisance of himself.

The second half was supposed to be all about the full time team getting back into the game, but in truth although they began to stretch us in the last 20 minutes as we tired in the fearsome heat, they rarely looked like scoring. Big George was a calm and assured presence between the sticks, the back three of Hustwick, Jordan and Lovett were outstanding, and in midfield Storey stood out again in the middle whilst Watts and Clarke worked their socks off out wide.

Aldershot will undoubtedly play a lot better on a number of occasions over the course of the next nine months, but this should not detract from what was an extremely good performance against a team full of England semi pro internationals who very nearly made it into the football league at the end of last season. Suddenly next Saturday cannot come quickly enough.....

Lewes: Bankole; Jordan, Hustwick, Lovett; Watts, Storey, Kennett, Clarke; Kadi; Belgrave, Cornwall.

Subs used: Cable, Fieldswick, Vines, Davis, Moore, Whiteman, Newman.

U got on here before me Napster! Now u spoilt it. Told u bout Bazza the man is gonna be on fire this season and he will fire Lewes to the title. I hope he scores against Scum Island tonight. The man is a legend

Is that the ex-Fulham Luke Cornwall, playing alongside Belgrave?

I'm surprised he's dropped that low down. He seemed a decent prospect a few years back. With him and Bazza Belgrave up front I'd imagine Lewes will have a decent season.

Yes Hong Kong that is the Luke Cornwall From Fulham. I expect them both to score alot of goals this year for Lewes

He may not have scored but he did win the penalty for Lewes. He's Quality

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 10 2004,12:40)]He may not have scored but he did win the penalty for Lewes.  He's Quality
with a capital Q?

Tilly, sign him back up!

tounge.gif
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 11 2004,13:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 10 2004,12:40)]He may not have scored but he did win the penalty for Lewes.  He's Quality
with a capital Q?
As in Quality Street... when the heat is on, he melts in the box!

*ba-dum-tiss*

laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Ithankyou.

Matt

As in Quality Street... when the heat is on, he melts in the box!

really looks like thats been happening at Lewes FC. Bazza's On FIRE

yep,he's taking the tampax southern league 4 by storm is old bazza.....who gives a f**k...........wg14 you bore me

Will be interesting if he can have a second good season in a row. Is he still playing for Lewes?

Is that Bankole in goal for Lewes the same Bankole that used to play for Crewe?

Good for Bazza. Good for Ben Smith, Martin Curruthers, Leon Roget. Am I leading somewhere with this. I still liked Scott Forbes who played for Canvey after being released by us a few years ago. Then he disappeared. Also Russel Williamson, and the Roach!
sad.gif

Back