• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benefit Society !

Very noble !

I look at my tax deductions which with NI amount to over 600 per month then I have to pay council tax ,fuel tax,vat,fag tax,road tax,flight tax,and any other tax I forgot,

Jealous definitely not,outraged probably.

Guess what? The proles also pay fuel tax, VAT, fag tax, road tax, flight tax...these are all indirect taxes which everyone has to pay.

ps who cares what benefits people get? Is it jealousy? Those who can't or won't get jobs means more for the rest of us.

Yeah I dont really care.

There are some people out there who wont work, If they want to settle for living on a council estate on handouts then really doesnt wind me up, Im bringing my kids up into a much better environment.

Bigger things to worry about than a minority of people that have no effect on my life..

Very noble !

I look at my tax deductions which with NI amount to over 600 per month then I have to pay council tax ,fuel tax,vat,fag tax,road tax,flight tax,and any other tax I forgot,

Jealous definitely not,outraged probably.

If your tax deductions amount to £600 per month, then you will most likely be earning more than the national average. As for the other taxes, some you can avoid (don't drink or smoke etc.) and others are paid by everyone, including those on benefits.

Guess what? The proles also pay fuel tax, VAT, fag tax, road tax, flight tax...these are all indirect taxes which everyone has to pay.

But they do not pay income tax or NI which is the greatest burden !

Put it his way if IR informed me my entire yearly tax bill was directly going to this family plus your tax was also going the same route would you still be happy?

But they do not pay income tax or NI which is the greatest burden !

Put it his way if IR informed me my entire yearly tax bill was directly going to this family plus your tax was also going the same route would you still be happy?

Its not though is it.

Yeah I dont really care.

There are some people out there who wont work, If they want to settle for living on a council estate on handouts then really doesnt wind me up, Im bringing my kids up into a much better environment.

Bigger things to worry about than a minority of people that have no effect on my life..

So you would not like your taxation reduced then ?These people effect everyone who pay tax,Why do you think your council tax is so expensive because it pays for those renting either in the private sector who do not work or are on low income or those living in council property .

Nobody wants to pay tax but the wastage is absurd.

Tax and NI are not personal savings schemes. The money should go to those who need it.

The latter comment is false as it is a contributory scheme and the former is that it goes towards the public purse for amongst other things pensions. TBH if I felt I was getting nothing than a good feeling about helping the "poor" which includes a proportion of people who will not help themselves then I'd rather not bother.

I'm retired and currently receive a private pension. I'll qualify for the state pension when I reach 65 and at that time I will say thank you very much and spend it. I stumped up for it for 45 years and always worked so I've done my bit to deserve it.............and I vote at GEs.

You absolutely have paid for it and deserve every penny.

So you would not like your taxation reduced then ?These people effect everyone who pay tax,Why do you think your council tax is so expensive because it pays for those renting either in the private sector who do not work or are on low income or those living in council property .

Nobody wants to pay tax but the wastage is absurd.

Even if there were no benefit claimaints my tax would not go down. Whatever % of my tax goes towards benefits (which is no doubt minimal) would go straight towards something else I dont care about just as much.

Even if there were no benefit claimaints my tax would not go down.

How so ?

The unemployment total does not even include those claiming whilst doing further education or training,The total cost runs into billions.

How so ?

The unemployment total does not even include those claiming whilst doing further education or training,The total cost runs into billions.

Firstly, not everyone who claims benefits is "on the take", some have a real need for it.

Secondly, even if every one you deemed shouldnt get it no longer did, do you really think the government would reduce the rate of income tax? They would just take the money and spend it elsewhere, no doubt on something that still has no effect on me.

Some people claim benefits they dont deserve, some people pay less tax than they should, some companies pay next to nothing in corporation tax.

Life's not always fair but Im not going to let it bother me too much...

Firstly, not everyone who claims benefits is "on the take", some have a real need for it.

Secondly, even if every one you deemed shouldnt get it no longer did, do you really think the government would reduce the rate of income tax? They would just take the money and spend it elsewhere, no doubt on something that still has no effect on me.

Some people claim benefits they dont deserve, some people pay less tax than they should, some companies pay next to nothing in corporation tax.

Life's not always fair but Im not going to let it bother me too much...

well said.:Worthy:

True. I have read stories along those lines and tried to find something online about it, but little luck so far.

Thing is, it is not easy to means test in the way that (say) child benefit is. With child benefit, you get it, or not, dependent on your income which you have to declare. Bit trickier to means test the wealth of a pensioner I'd have thought.

Also, with the amount they are given, means testing would cost too much.

Child benefits were introduced after the war to encourage people to have children because the population had been so decimated. We now have an overcrowded country with immigrants popping kids out left right and centre. They're outdated. Why should you be paid to have children? If you can't afford them don't have them. If they were scrapped there might not be so many broken families.

Agree totally with this, might dissuade so many teenage girls from getting pregnant as well to entitle them to free housing.

So, the only people in this country having kids are immigrants? Where is your proof that they are having a disproportionately high number of kids?

Mick Philpot isn't an immigrant.

How so ?

Because that isn't how a Chancellor budgets. Don't forget he's a politician. The Chancellor, whatever party he's a member of, doesn't work out how much he's going to spend and then tax accordingly. He works out what tax he can get away with politically and then sets the various departments a budget based on that.

It really has very little to do with what expenditure is forecast.

So, the only people in this country having kids are immigrants? Where is your proof that they are having a disproportionately high number of kids?

No he is a murderer though and still getting benefits of some sort I would guess.

*Goes onto Daily Mail website, saw 1 headline and burnt computer to ashes*

Because that isn't how a Chancellor budgets. Don't forget he's a politician. The Chancellor, whatever party he's a member of, doesn't work out how much he's going to spend and then tax accordingly. He works out what tax he can get away with politically and then sets the various departments a budget based on that.

It really has very little to do with what expenditure is forecast.

2013 the welfare budget was 114 billion which was the third highest behind pensions and the NHS!

mrsblue I think I understand some of your frustrations, but also think you are looking at it from the wrong angle. Like I said before, this family must be filling forms in wrongly or separately to beat the benefits cap. Somethings not quite right there.
Yes it's a ridiculous system that encourages women to have more children to get benefits that would beat a working wage and a flat or house thrown in.
If your moaning now, the wotsit hasn't even hit the fan yet. There is a certain religion that over the last 15 years has just shot up to an alarming average of 8 children per couple. The husbands are allowed to have many wives under their law, so any widowed or single women are being taken and they are multiplying like rabbits also. This country will soon run out of large houses to give them and the benefit system won't cope, especially when their children do the same thing.
Something needs to be done to discourage all unemployed people from having more than 2 children. Something also needs to be done to lower teenage pregnancies.

Back