• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bernie Friend and Bad News

McNasty

Don't know how much truth or why it has been raised now but could someone from the Trust give us an idea of any contingency plans the Trust have for any really bad scenarios ?

Ken was at the AGM so will have seen the accounts. If he has a question he'd like a direct answer to, he also knows that he is quite at liberty to email the Chairman direct.

Ken was at the AGM so will have seen the accounts. If he has a question he'd like a direct answer to, he also knows that he is quite at liberty to email the Chairman direct.

There is no point having this forum.

Just used to advertise money making schemes for the Trust. No debates, no nothing.

There is no point having this forum.

Just used to advertise money making schemes for the Trust. No debates, no nothing.
In your opinion. And the "money making schemes" are hardly for the Trust, but rather Trust funds which ultimately go towards the club.

You know the protocol Ken, you've been meeting with Paul Fitz for Fans' Forums for long enough to be able to ask the questions there, or to him privately. You also know he doesn't post on here.

In your opinion. And the "money making schemes" are hardly for the Trust, but rather Trust funds which ultimately go towards the club.

You know the protocol Ken, you've been meeting with Paul Fitz for Fans' Forums for long enough to be able to ask the questions there, or to him privately. You also know he doesn't post on here.

"I know the protocol" ! I know the chairman of the Trust doesn't want to correspond with an organisation with a far larger membership on a Trust forum that appears pointless in existence. Is he the only person who can comment on a legitimate question that some people might find appropriate or is it secret ?

Where is transparency or is it like the Masons?

"I know the protocol" ! I know the chairman of the Trust doesn't want to correspond with an organisation with a far larger membership on a Trust forum that appears pointless in existence. Is he the only person who can comment on a legitimate question that some people might find appropriate or is it secret ?

Where is transparency or is it like the Masons?

Trouble is, Ken, as you well know, if ANY committee member takes it upon themselves to answer as an individual, then they are hung out to dry by the great SZ community. I have no wish to take that sort of responsibility on myself.

My understanding is that you have refused to return or respond to his attempts to contact you so maybe you should be asking yourself about who it is that doesn't want to "correspond" with an organisation.

For the record, and being as transparent as is possible, as anyone who bothered to look at the Trust website would know, the Trust have recently been seeking to update any plans for contingencies however, recent goings on have put that on the back burner while those of us who have been able, have been busy with organising stuff for Wembley, which has been the bigger priority at the moment. Unfortunately, we haven't had the luxury of being able to give the update the time it possibly should have because we have all had other things to do, as well as working!

I will correspond with the Chairman on ShrimperZone if he wants answers.

FGS! He's not the one asking questions that he wants answering, you are!!! :headbang:

How is he going to "correspond" on SZ when he doesn't post on here???!

FGS! He's not the one asking questions that he wants answering, you are!!! :headbang:

How is he going to "correspond" on SZ when he doesn't post on here???!

Let's get this straight.

He is waiting for answers from me because he thinks I was wrong in commenting on his dislike of TZ. I want to discuss this in public not hidden away in tons of emails.

He refuses to join ShrimperZone so I have to bow to him in replying the way he wants.

He wanted answers first and is still waiting , I ask questions in a public forum and get moaned at by you.

You have made his position clear. He does not want to represent the Trust on the Zone

TBH Kay I do and always have found it bizarre that there is not more communication on here between The Trust and the fans and even more bizarre why the Chairman of The Trust feels he does not have to join these forums, as our membership far out number the membership of The Trust.

I would of thought he would want to encompass these forums arms outstretched and engage with the fan base.

As the Zone membership far out numbers that of the Trusts, has the Zone any contingency plans for any really bad scenarios?

As the Zone membership far out numbers that of the Trusts, has the Zone any contingency plans for any really bad scenarios?

If the Trust want to hand over the fans money which would enable us to make some contingency plans, I am sure we could sort something out.. you are sadly missing the point here though James.

Not missing the point at all John. Just starting a debate.....:smile:

The Zone makes enough monies to keep the business running from donations, sponsorship and begging. We do not charge memberships as we are just a forum for opinions.

We exist for members to keep in touch without the requirement of people paying. That way anyone with internet access can discuss points with others without the need for payment.

In the event of problems the Zone would be available for discussion and to help problem solve.

What suggestions do you have James ?

Answering a question with another question- you could be an MP Ken!:smile:

My suggestion - why don't we come together as a group (Trust,Zone,TZ etc) and work together? All it seems to me these days is bitching amongst each other with everyone working to their own agenda and trying to point score in some kind of weird popularity contest. I thought we all want the same thing - the very best for our club and the fans that support it?

I don't have any answers to the way forward but I'm a little sick of how things are amongst the fan base recently - half the reason I started coming to Southend way back when was because of the way I was welcomed into the community of Southend fans despite having no real connection to the club or area and along the way I've met some great people who I'm proud to call my friends now. To be honest it's that that kept me coming back at times (certainly not some of the football we've endured at times). And I'll be honest if it carries on this way for much longer I'm not sure I will be as regular an attendee. Something needs to happen so we can be 'United' again - and bitching amongst the different groups is not the answer.

Back