• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best gig ever attended?

Bowie - Milton Keynes Bowl 1983

Queen - Wembley Stadium 1986

Squeeze - Cliffs Pavilion 1993

Oasis - Cliffs Pavilion 1995

Brian Eno - Chequres Pub (Bungay) 1999....crowd of 8

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Kursaal sometime in the 70's

Absolutely storming gig, The slits weren't bad but i thought the Innocents were poor .

I have always felt that Safe european Home, English Civil war and Tommy gun is the best opening to any album EVER.....

Wasn't Tommy Gun on the B-side of English Civil War? The single that is.
I could be wrong but i ain't going up in the loft.

Afrika Bambaata and The Soul Sonic Force at the Pink Toothbrush years ago for me.
Planet Rock blew the place apart maaaaan.

Echo & The Bunnymen - Brixton Academy, either 98 or 99.
A reformed "The Beat" - Barbican.
The Pogues - Brixton, Dec 2008.

Both in the last year I think,

Specimen on the Batcave anniversary tour, and Fields of the Nephilim at Shepherds Bush.

Oasis at Knebworth with the Manics and Prodigy supporting was quality but for great day at gig it has be Madstock in 96, watched England beat Spain on pens in a pub with the lager flowing then into Finsbury Park to watch Suggs and the boys reunite, absolute monster of a day.

Bad Brains at Crocs 1982(ish)
UK Subs at Hammersmith Palais (supprted by Anti Pasti, Chron Gen, Charge)
Killing Joke At lyceum ballroom
Damned at the Square, Harlow
China Drum at Cambs Junction(supporting Green Day 1990)
Wildhearts at Cambs Junction

idlewild-ulu-last year
radiohead-v-07(didnt like them at the time)
faithless-whenever
maximo park-the forum

Absolutely storming gig, The slits weren't bad but i thought the Innocents were poor .

I have always felt that Safe european Home, English Civil war and Tommy gun is the best opening to any album EVER.....

A storming triple treat, no fat on those belters! :clap:

Wasn't Tommy Gun on the B-side of English Civil War? The single that is.
I could be wrong but i ain't going up in the loft.

Afrika Bambaata and The Soul Sonic Force at the Pink Toothbrush years ago for me.
Planet Rock blew the place apart maaaaan.

'Tommy Gun' was a single in its own right- but the B-side of 'ECW' was a great version of Toots' 'Pressure Drop'- with a searing electric geetar intro from Jonesy; one of my favourite Clash tracks!

de facto green!

Certainly up there....

If youre in the crown tonight have a drink on me

Can't give you any more green for this one, mate (I've got to spread eagle it around apparently)...but yeah, go easy, step lightly and by the way I'm :offtopic:

just remembered- '1-2 Crush on You' was B-side of 'TG'... a Mick Jones 'soppy,' but nice school memories in there. Talking of which, 'Stay Free'- best Clash song?

Complete Control' or 'Guns of Brixton' for me...oh actually..too many to choose from

Back