• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best gigs ever!!!!

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
Along the lines of best albums, what are the gigs you have been to that still give you stirrings in the loins just thinking about em.

The Boomtown Rats at the Cliffs was one of the best ever in my opinion as was Marillion but I think Springsteen takes it for me at Elland Road 1986. Out of this world for keeping the crowd going for 3 hours + non stop.

Saying that, Ted Nugent shooting pigs blood over the entire audience at The Rainbow with a shotgun built into his guitar was pretty impressive but nearly gave my mother heart failure when I walked in the door dripping red. Oh and they were live rounds aimed at suspended plastic pigs. Like to see that one bettered.

The Jam at the Cliffs Pavilion. It could have been the world's worst gig but it was my one and only chance to see the world's best band (in my opinion, of course) before they split soon after so it was always going to be special. For some reason I remember quite clearly that I paid for my ticket in two pence pieces!

Just before I emigrated, we went and saw Jools Holland at the Cliffs Pavilion and were both blow away by the energy of the gig. They finished the set with a very long version of "Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Than You Think)" with our man Rico Rodriguez leading the band and crowd in a fantastic finale. Fantastic!

Oh, and I actually admit to a glimmer of enjoyment when I saw that fat one who used to be in Take That when I took the missus to Knebworth for her birthday (cheers, TFS!). I admit he does put on a decent show but I enjoyed more the set by Moby earlier in the day.

godspeed you black emperor! - Colchester arts centre
1. CAC is a converted church with the interior painted black
2. GYBE! are a canadian instrumental 'post rock' band, there music is most well known in 28 days later
3. curfew was at 11 and they didn't finish till 1
4. it blew my MIND!

other good gigs worth a mention:

radiohead 2002 shepherds bush empire
mogwai 2006 royal albert hall
sigur ros 2005 glastonbury
basement jaxx 2005 glastonbury
squarepusher 2007 camden electric ballroom

godspeed you black emperor! - Colchester arts centre
1. CAC is a converted church with the interior painted black
2. GYBE! are a canadian instrumental 'post rock' band, there music is most well known in 28 days later
3. curfew was at 11 and they didn't finish till 1
4. it blew my MIND!

other good gigs worth a mention:

radiohead 2002 shepherds bush empire
mogwai 2006 royal albert hall
sigur ros 2005 glastonbury
basement jaxx 2005 glastonbury
squarepusher 2007 camden electric ballroom

Anyone who has seen Radiohead and been soaked at Glastonbury get my respect. Is it me or does it always rain at Glastonbury? I got soaked there 20 years ago.

And Reading

And Donnington

And Milton Keynes

Sh*t i've been pished on at every outdoor gig I ever went to.

lol... the rain at glasto 2005 was interesting!...
glastoswamp_01.jpg

plus i saw radiohead at glasto 2003 which was amazing as well... i think they are the only band that are equally as comfortable infront of 100,000 as they are in front of 1,000

See what you mean. I like Radiohead for the Pink Floyd sound but their own work, if that makes sense. The Bends is the dogs knackers IMO.

Glastonbury 2000 was great, travelled down in the back of a Transit on my 21st birthday! Saw Bowie, Cypress Hill, Nine Inch Nails amonsgst tohers, it was a diverse weekend and me and my brother Ian got well and truly smashed, great weekend.

Donington 95, my first gig seeing Metallica was overwhelmingly good with my other brother, Rich. Was jsut completely taken away by the crowd, the music, the loudness and everything about the day was perfect.

David Bowie at Milton Keynes Bowl - the Thin White Ghost Tour

Pink Floyd at Earls Court

Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels Tour at Wembley

Bruce Springsteen at Wembley

Supertramp at Wembley Arena

Focus at The Quuens in Westcliff

Barclay James Harvest at The Kursaal

Cream 2005 Reunion Concert - Madison Square Garden NY
Rolling Stones - Wembley Arena (40 Licks Tour)
Paul McCartney - Earls Court (Back in the World Tour)
Status Quo - Cliffs Pavillion
Eric Clapton - Royal Albert Hall - Nothing but the Blues Tour 1995

Paul Weller - Birmingham 2003 (I think).
Echo & The Bunnymen sometime in late 1990's
Oasis - Loch Lomond 1994.
Ben Folds - everytime he gigs

...and of course the Pistols at the 100 Club in 1976....what do you mean I was only 5...of course I was there.... ;)

British Sea Power at Shepherd's Bush Empire, April 2004
Morrissey at Wembley Arena, December 2006
Wannadies at The Alleycat, Reading, May 1997

Back