• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Other than Wembley - The one I think I will most remember was FA Cup Southend vs Bury replay. The reason?
At the age of 50 my long term friends were a little shocked about my sudden big enthusiasm for football (after a couple of decades of just seeing the occasional game..) But that night sitting there in minus 3 (or below?), anyway so cold I swear you could see your breath freeze and you could hear the grass crunch as the players ran, going through the whole game - then extra time and then penalties (as the freezing fog started to roll in) is the night I count that I became a REAL football fan

My top three (aside from the obvious two weeks ago...):

1. Orient at home in the JPT - What a night!
2. Steveange home p/o semi - emotional rollercoaster
3. Millwall home in the cup - brilliant performance

Other ones that stick in my mind:

Orient away JPT (prob best away atmosphere for years)
Northampton away 5-2
And, randomly, I remember Rochdale at home a couple years ago. Classic wet December encounter with brilliant second half performance and goals from Brit, Tomlin and Laird (i think)

Losing 0-1 at home to Exeter. I was stood right behind the goal in the North Bank. Eastwood equalised and with about 5 minutes to go, BBBC pops up at the far post unmarked to win us the game.

Pretty sure it was the other way round and Barry scored the equalizer.

I enjoyed a lot of Mohsni I have got to admit. Yes he was an absolute weapon but he was the kind of player you just don't see anymore. Loved it when we put him upfront vs Macclesfield due to a crisis and he scored twice and many thought he had a hat trick but it turned out to be an own goal. The he actually did score one vs Barnet. And Northampton away, 5-2, what a game he had that day.

There's actually been a lot of good memories for the last five years. We've been in a league we didn't want to be in, but it's meant we've won a lot more than we've lost and we've had a couple of great cup runs too.

I only heard it in the radio, but Strakers performance against Morecambe away.

I was fortunate to be at that game as I think it is the only time we have beaten Morecambe. The ball more or less hit him for the first and the second was a massive deflection that left the goalie with no chance. He was on a hat-trick when he dribbled past (well, fluked his way past) a couple of players (and past himself a couple of times as well) but was stopped in the penalty box. Quite hilarious it was and utter madness.

Smashing Millwall 4-1 in the FA Cup, in the rain, lights 'n' all

[video=youtube;9NEM8EJn_Wc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NEM8EJn_Wc[/video]

5-2 at Northampton, the best half of football I've seen in ages

Orient in the JPT semi second leg, and the celebrations at the end (only topped by our last two games)

Our second goal against Millwall was one of real quality, with a great finish by Atkinson

My favourite moment (pre Pigott time) was our 3rd at Chesterfield in the FA Cup last season........ Drawn away at one of the few teams above us in League 2 a goal down in the first few minutes we hit straight back and lead 2-1 at the break. The second half is real backs to the wall stuff we are holding on with pure guts and determination...then we break away late on, Straker beats his man with an outrageous piece of pace and skill, puts the ball in the box and Hurst's finish is absolutely emphatic. One of those moments of exhilaration that come along so rarely....that was definitely my favourite moment of post Tilson time until :pig: came along.

Another marvellous moment at Chesterfield was Tomlin's goal - up against it for most of the match until Timlin cuts out a Chesterfield pass and Tomlin sticks the ball in the net and runs into the Southend fans to receive his acclaim (and a yellow card).

3 points - smash and grab/daylight robbery in the snow.

Another marvellous moment at Chesterfield was Tomlin's goal - up against it for most of the match until Timlin cuts out a Chesterfield pass and Tomlin sticks the ball in the net and runs into the Southend fans to receive his acclaim (and a yellow card).

3 points - smash and grab/daylight robbery in the snow.
And the fans that dived into the snow seconds after - knowing they'd get thrown out but knowing we'd just won the match - sweet!

Win at Pompey season before last 1-0 down and down to 10 men and we score 2 in the last 15 mins for our 1st win at Pompey for 90 years.

Win at Pompey season before last 1-0 down and down to 10 men and we score 2 in the last 15 mins for our 1st win at Pompey for 90 years.
Yeah but Piggots Wembley goal will stand the test of time, what a moment.
Bet the Wycombe manager will remember it for a while too.

Back