• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Playground football game.

Best Playground football game. -

• Wembley (Singles).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wembley (Doubles).

• Heads and Volleys.

• Spot.

• General football with rush goal keepers.

• Penalty shoot out.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Sure everyone played these games but maybe under different names. To summarise.

Wembley singles - Using one goal , every man for himself - one goal sees you through to the next round. Last one to score in each round is out

Wembley Doubles. - As above but working with another mate.

Heads & Volleys - Only able to shoot if its head or a volley.

Spot - Played against a wall with a goal made of bags. Idea is you have to hit the ball between the target with one kick and aim was to send the ball to most impossible angle for next person to kick. Each time you miss you got a letter from S-P-O-T and once you spelt spot you are out.

Rush Keepers....Always a laugh as anyone could handle if in the box.

Personally I loved Heads and Volleys...Some of the goals you used to score even in the playground were amazing.

Cast you mind back and give me your thoughts please.

DtS

My personal favourite was W A L L Y! Only because I never used to lose and then got to spank the ball at the loser which was never me!!
laugh.gif

Wembley Doubles without a shadow of a doubt. The camaraderie was everything and nothing beat the satisfaction of turfing out the two best players in Round One and cracking the tournament wide open.

Someone should make a Playstation version of Wembley. It would be class!

Used to love Wembley singles!!

I could never understand the Rush goalie term when I was at school . It meant a keeper could come out of his area any time he liked as long as he didn't handle the ball. So no change in the laws of the game there then......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 17 2007,13:06)]Rush keeper for me meant the keeper could come out of his area. Pot keeper was when anyone could go in goal
Surely a keeper can come out his area at anytime in the game as long as he dosent handle....??
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Jan. 17 2007,13:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 17 2007,13:06)]Rush keeper for me meant the keeper could come out of his area. Pot keeper was when anyone could go in goal
Surely a keeper can come out his area at anytime in the game as long as he dosent handle....??
sad.gif
I know, but that was what it was called. Rush keeper meant he was the only one allowed to save. We always played rush anyway

laugh.gif

Special mentioned must go to football with a tennis ball on a basketball court, and to score you used to have to hit the pole. Very good game and a right laugh.

Wembley singles and heads and volleys is quality.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Shrimper @ Jan. 17 2007,13:00)]My personal favourite was W A L L Y! Only because I never used to lose and then got to spank the ball at the loser which was never me!!
laugh.gif
Yes!, remember that well...

Did you never have the tunnel of death option at your school...

Basically the entire population of the playground would line up opposite eachother and the WALLY loser would have to run through the middle whilst everyone could punch, kick and generally do what they wanted as you ran past!!..

Thankfully I never received that option!.

Ouch!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Jan. 17 2007,13:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Shrimper @ Jan. 17 2007,13:00)]My personal favourite was W A L L Y! Only because I never used to lose and then got to spank the ball at the loser which was never me!!
laugh.gif
Yes!, remember that well...

Did you never have the tunnel of death option at your school...

Basically the entire population of the playground would line up opposite eachother and the WALLY loser would have to run through the middle whilst everyone could punch, kick and generally do what they wanted as you ran past!!..

Thankfully I never received that option!.

Ouch!
Yea! But that option was only available outside of school! Some people recieved some harsh punishment for being crap at football!
laugh.gif

3 and in, ahead of Wembley doubles and singles.

The trouble with Wembley is that if you scored early you could have a long, boring wait before the next round. If you scored late you were knackered and your opponents were a lot fresher than you in the next round. You could of course get round this by playing for the slightest deflection on a shot and claim it as yours Mark Gower style.

I agree with Firestorm about rush goalies. It was a good negotiating ploy to be seen to offer your opponents a concession - even if they could do anyway.

Headers and volleys was vastly overrated.

Got to be the full on blood-and-thunder game right across the playground for me, their could be anything up to 20 players per team, all wearing DM boots (as fashion dictated) booting a tennis ball about, bins for goal posts, put the lame kids in goal, dinnerladies beware.
cool.gif

Back