• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Sat Nav?

lee_sufc

Coach
I currently use TomTom SatNav from a Pocket PC but am now looking to buy a standalone SatNav system. I have looked into the Road Angel Navigator which also includes a camera / laser detector but the reviews haven't been brilliant?

Can people here recommend any decent SatNav systems - for around the £300 figure?

Get yourself a huge AA roadmap for £1.99 from The Works.
At least you have to pull over to read it rather than swerve all over the road because your too engrossed in your little satnav's display.
Should be banned like mobile phones when driving.
Lost count the number of times pillocks have drifted across me on the North Circular and they don't even notice because they're too busy f%cking about with some gadget or other.
devil.gif

I bought the Road Angel Navigator 6000 last week and havent had any problems with it.

Halford's are banging it out for £200 at the moment and thats a snip as far as I'm concerned. Covers both sat nav and camera locations.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southendstrett @ Nov. 26 2006,09:05)]Get yourself a huge AA roadmap for £1.99 from The Works.
At least you have to pull over to read it rather than swerve all over the road because your too engrossed in your little satnav's display.
Lost count the number of times pillocks have drifted across me on the North Circular and they don't even notice because they're too busy f%cking about with some gadget or other.
devil.gif
That's one thing I can't understand and said as much to the copper that pulled me over in Chelmsford three weeks back for dialling a number by hand on my phone which is in a holder stuck to the windscreen just right of the steering wheel.
I got nicked for driving with undue care and attention and using a mobile phone whilst driving. The fact that it hadn't even connected and I hadn't even said a word or used the speakerphone made no difference. Apparently just the fact that my hand and eyes were taken off the wheel and road was enough to warrant a stop and fine. Something the copper was adamant about.

Now if this is the case (I'm appealing) how does this square up with the use of Sat Nav systems?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Nov. 26 2006,17:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southendstrett @ Nov. 26 2006,09:05)]Get yourself a huge AA roadmap for £1.99 from The Works.
devil.gif
That's one thing I can't understand and said as much to the copper that pulled me over in Chelmsford three weeks back for dialling a number by hand on my phone which is in a holder stuck to the windscreen just right of the steering wheel.
I got nicked for driving with undue care and attention and using a mobile phone whilst driving. The fact that it hadn't even connected and I hadn't even said a word or used the speakerphone made no difference. Apparently just the fact that my hand and eyes were taken off the wheel and road was enough to warrant a stop and fine. Something the copper was adamant about.

Now if this is the case (I'm appealing) how does this square up with the use of Sat Nav systems?
As it stands at the moment, Sat Nav gets away with it but the law will be a changing very soon.

I purchased my  sat nav on the cheap.

It is endorsed by Andrew Ridgely and Mark Thatcher.

In retrospect it was a bad buy.

Most if not all sat nav's come with a voice direction mode, so therefore are not the same as a mobile phone.

Back