• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That Eastwood goal against Blackpool was a great goal. There was so much tension that day, especially after going 1-0 down. That goal was out of nothing. Gutteridge then raised the roof with the winner. Ill stick the 3-3 Millwall game on you tube later which included Stans run from the half way line, even though Stevens did slip. Also I remember a goal from Jeroen Boere against Bolton, which was completely out of Character. He receieved the ball wide right, beat a few players, got a lucky deflection and drilled it in. No one after could quite believe it was him who scored

Stan at home to Bristol Rovers, picked up the ball on the half way line with his back to goal, and a defender right behind him. Turned the defender, beat another couple and smacked it in the top corner from about 25 yards.

Typical Stanley goal really :Worthy:

He scored another one in that game that was almost a mirror image. One with his left where he cut in from the East stand and one with his right where he cut in from the West. Brilliant.

Eastwood scored some great ones. He scored one in his first month with us though which I have never seen since but I'm sure involved him beating three defenders before slotting it home. Shrewsbury in the LDV I think it was.

Most of Collymore goals...Our tactic was to give the ball to Stan around the half way line...He would then power through the opposition and slam the ball home from 18/25 yards

David Crown vs Wigan in the late 80s, picked up the ball on the half way line beat 4 or 5 and smashed it in top corner in front of the North Bank. That goal has never left my memory, still say one of the best I have ever seen and in doing so Crowny became and remains one my all time favourite Sufc players

My favourite ever goal too, though I am not sure he beat 4 or 5 but it sounds good! I recall us being 2 down and Crown came on as sub to score that winner. Luverly stuff - Mr Crown recalls it too, ask him and he will gladly tell you about it!

Gower scored an absolute cracker vs Brighton I seem to remember, I think 07/08. Barrett also scored a great goal that evening too.

Eastwood vs Blackpool was something exceptional.

The best solo - dribble goal was Tommy Horsfall against York City at Roots Hall about 72-73 , he ran from the halway line beating various tackles to score , it was the only goal that he scored for us before he went of to Cambridge where he became a star player . There is no film of this goal you will just have to take the word of someone who has been watching Southend for 50 years .
REMEMBER IT WELL a brilliant goal in a 3-0 home win with the other goals being scored by the late Brian Albeson & Billy Best(this was Billy's first goal for almost 4 months).
who had only just got back into the first team after a month as substitute. Billy went on to score 6 goals in the last 6 matches he played for the club before sadly returning to Northampton.

Gower scored an absolute cracker vs Brighton I seem to remember, I think 07/08. Barrett also scored a great goal that evening too.

Couple of other Eastwood solo goals I remember were at Blackpool (a) when he ran from out on the left, cut inside and drilled it into the bottom corner for a stoppage-time winner. And also a run from pretty much the halfway line at Bournemouth in the Carling Cup during our Championship relegation season. Waltzed round the keeper and slotted in. Two great strikes.

Adrian Clarke last ever game for us, I think v Brighton.
Was an individual goal never to be forgotten though the team he scored against is vague lol

My favourite ever goal too, though I am not sure he beat 4 or 5 but it sounds good! I recall us being 2 down and Crown came on as sub to score that winner. Luverly stuff - Mr Crown recalls it too, ask him and he will gladly tell you about it!

So wish I had seen this goal. Remember mates who were there that night telling me about it and nearly 39 years later it's still being mentioned. Wonder if there is any footage anywhere? Didn't Martin Ling get a great goal that night as well?

So wish I had seen this goal. Remember mates who were there that night telling me about it and nearly 39 years later it's still being mentioned. Wonder if there is any footage anywhere? Didn't Martin Ling get a great goal that night as well?
How many years ago .

REMEMBER IT WELL a brilliant goal in a 3-0 home win with the other goals being scored by the late Brian Albeson & Billy Best(this was Billy's first goal for almost 4 months).
who had only just got back into the first team after a month as substitute. Billy went on to score 6 goals in the last 6 matches he played for the club before sadly returning to Northampton.
42 years ago today was Good Friday , Southend beat Port Vale 5-0 Chris Guthrie 3 Billy Best 2 , the next day Southend beat Chesterfield 5-1 Chris Guthrie 2 Billy Best 2 and Gary Moore 1 , alas the last goals that King Billy Best was to score at Roots Hall ,

How about Paul Byrne v Judas Iscariot's mob?

He must have beaten the full-back half a dozen times, tying him up in knots in the process, before shutting up that fat ****er.
i was gonna say this goal as well. Remember it well. The atmosphere at the hall was electric. He was immense that day... Anyone got a link??

42 years ago today was Good Friday , Southend beat Port Vale 5-0 Chris Guthrie 3 Billy Best 2 , the next day Southend beat Chesterfield 5-1 Chris Guthrie 2 Billy Best 2 and Gary Moore 1 , alas the last goals that King Billy Best was to score at Roots Hall ,

Was at those games.

Remember they had a 'double' program for that weekend (both team sheets etc., in one publication). Kept mine for years but it seems to have gone missing after multiple house moves!!!

Whilst I'm on:

Is Gerry Fell v Newport County in that amazing Friday night 4 - 2 victory back in 1977 worth a mention? Can't remember now whether it was his first or second (think it was his second). Memory fades - but didn't he run from the half way line beating 'defenders' and lashed the ball in to the net from distance? That's how I'm happy to remember it anyway! The thing about that match was we weren't just 2 - 0 down with 14 minutes to go, the fact was we were playing crap!

Happy days at The Hall.

Is this the game you're referring to?

[video]https://youtu.be/dbO4_4DdtYs?t=384[/video] (6 mins 25 secs in)

[video]https://youtu.be/0PMesOBEiLs?t=294[/video] (4 mins 54 secs in)

Back