• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best TV Show Everrrrrr

Seinfeld for me as a Sit Com. I can pick up any episode in any season and watch it and without fail it'll make me laugh. They're about half way through repeating the entire seasons run (again) on Sky.

As a 'drama' it's got to be either The Killing or Breaking Bad, although I've some Game of Thrones backed up ready to watch. As close run would have been Lost, and that would have been right up to about the final two seasons. I thought that was a massive disappointment but I had invested too much time in watching the prior seasons to just give up.

Music, it has to be either Later... or The Tube. I used to really fancy Paula Yates so perhaps that had something to do with it (whereas my best mate always preferred Muriel Gray).

Food, it's either GBBO (It's twee but I quite like it for mindless entertainment) or anything by Rick Stein.

Quiz is either Mastermind or Only Connect. I've a lot of time for Victoria Coren.

Some great ones here, especially The Wire (a grower, MK, and no good for the hard of hearing) but I'm surprised by the omissions.

The Office really does stand the test of time, as does Alan Partridge. Also, when the Americans get it right they really get it right, as in Six Feet Under.

Incidentally, I reckon Breaking Bad's hugely overrated. Not as good as Catweazle, anyway.

Keith Barron was a legend.

I bet you were partial to Never The Twain as well.

So true Cyril.

neverthetwain2.jpg

I love Fox it was a 70s drama about a South London family , when I met Ray Winston a couple of years ago about it , he played one of the five brothers I asked him about it , and in his words , It was pretty dam good .

The best one not mentioned so far is South Park.

Aye, another criminally overlooked show, probably because of its more juvenile heritage. Seasons four onwards have largely been fantastic, and have included some of the most accurate, stinging social criticisms on television. Parker and Stone's absolute take down of Scientology was years ahead of its time and was hugely important in triggering the backlash we're seeing today.

Game of Thrones and Spartacus didn't work for me. Sopranos started off in descant but finished in bass. Not sure if you get this in the UK but Boardwalk Empire went from strength to strength for me.

Yer, we only discussed it to death. In other news, The Beatles have broken up. :facepalm:

Game of Thrones and Spartacus didn't work for me. Sopranos started off in descant but finished in bass. Not sure if you get this in the UK but Boardwalk Empire went from strength to strength for me.

Has anyone suggested Spartacus? That was terrible!

Back