• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What with ticket sales outstripping supply, is this going to be looked at by the club at all?

Would be good if we could get a proper answer on this. Say 2,000 fans turn up paying £15 to get in (which I'd gladly do), that's £30,000 for the club, maybe a bit less considering OAP's and kids, on top of food and drink sales. There's probably a good £20,000 profit in it for them if it sells out.

Would be good if we could get a proper answer on this. Say 2,000 fans turn up paying £15 to get in (which I'd gladly do), that's £30,000 for the club, maybe a bit less considering OAP's and kids, on top of food and drink sales. There's probably a good £20,000 profit in it for them if it sells out.
Don't think there would be any doubt they could make money out of it, guess the only question would be whether there is enough time for the club to organise it all and sell tickets.

Also if its actually feasible with all the legality surrounding football coverage.

Could someone periscope or meerkat the match maybe :smile:

The only issue is can the club get the rights from the FL to screen it and how much would it cost?

I would suggest that potential £30,000 would be swallowed up very easily indeed. If not more. Thats if the FL would allow it....

On top of that it must cost a fair whack to hire a jumbotron type screen.

All in all the club would probably have to run the event at a loss, so it all depends on how generous Uncle Ron is feeling.

Would be a great thing though and I would be up for it for sure.

Wouldn't it be better to just lay on free coaches to actually be at the game?

There wont be enough tickets, and not everyone is able to travel the other end of the country.

I think its a great idea if they can do it.

why are Sky not showing this game? i praying i get a ticket as i cant call the club shop until gone 12 tomoz

As far as I know Sky can't show Saturday 3pm kick offs, and all games have to start at the same time on the final day. Plus Sky choose their matches months in advance.

why are Sky not showing this game? i praying i get a ticket as i cant call the club shop until gone 12 tomoz

Because no body outside of Southend/Bury/Wycome or Morecombe gives a flying kcfu who gets 3rd spot in league 2?

Is anyone in a posisition where they can ask the club if this possible? I'm hoping to go to the game and on the list but would definately watch on a big screen if I can't get a ticket.

As far as I know Sky can't show Saturday 3pm kick offs, and all games have to start at the same time on the final day. Plus Sky choose their matches months in advance.

That's right.

It's illegal to broadcast live football in this country on a Saturday between 2:45pm and 5:15pm on a normal TV channel.

This is why there's always this fiasco with 'El Classico' where it kicks off at 5pm and we can't watch it until 5:15pm.

Last edited:
Is it me or are the club being crafty? They wait until all the tickets have been sold and no doubt transport arrangements made and then announce that they may be showing it on a big screen and that you could fly up there if you are rolling in money.

I have got my ticket and made arrangements to go by coach but had I known that it might be screened at RH I might have held back before deciding what to do. (I would still have gone because I want to be part of the promotion party like we had at Bury, Peterborough, Cardiff, Swansea etc). Some people may feel conned. Just saying........

Is it me or are the club being crafty? They wait until all the tickets have been sold and no doubt transport arrangements made and then announce that they may be showing it on a big screen and that you could fly up there if you are rolling in money.

I have got my ticket and made arrangements to go by coach but had I known that it might be screened at RH I might have held back before deciding what to do. (I would still have gone because I want to be part of the promotion party like we had at Bury, Peterborough, Cardiff, Swansea etc). Some people may feel conned. Just saying........

course, the club won't risk loosing revenue by offering to screen it beforehand, I wouldn't call it crafty, first off its offering people who can't get tickets a way being involved and seeing the game. And it's bringing in a bit of extra money. Win for both parties I think

i'd imagine everyone who can go will so would those who are there really be feeling mugged off at those of us who can't go potentially watching on a screen?

course, the club won't risk loosing revenue by offering to screen it beforehand, I wouldn't call it crafty, first off its offering people who can't get tickets a way being involved and seeing the game. And it's bringing in a bit of extra money. Win for both parties I think

Nothing crafty at all, we dont make money from the match tickets sold, Morecambe do.

It would be against league rules Im sure to sell tickets to watch the game at Roots Hall and stop people from travelling up there, because then we would be making money at the expense of Morecambe. Imagine Luton on Saturday sending 30 fans and the other 2200 all staying at Kenilworth Road to watch it on the TV there and make Luton £20,000 instead of us.

I would say the club are obliged to not do it until we have sold tickets to ensure Morecambe dont lose out in revenue. It would be taking the mickey big time if we put it on the big screen and didnt sell out our allocations.

If game is beamed back, I might be able to watch it at home �� as I've got an android box that has all 3pm premiershite matches on it!

If game is beamed back, I might be able to watch it at home �� as I've got an android box that has all 3pm premiershite matches on it!

That will only work if Sky are broadcasting it, which they wont be.

Back