• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't mind admitting I loved watching him play. Yes he was unreliable due to his temper but my god he created a buzz around the place when he played.

Yep. Mad as a box of frogs, in many respects a total liability, but one of my favourite SUFC players. Football is meant to be fun and it was a little bit more so with that loon on the pitch.

Yep. Mad as a box of frogs, in many respects a total liability, but one of my favourite SUFC players. Football is meant to be fun and it was a little bit more so with that loon on the pitch.
Agreed. I often think of that midweek away match at Barnet when there was a stoppage that lasted a fair few minutes and the whole time we sang the 'he don't speak English' song, and Bil kept looking over to us and bowing, much to the dismay of some of his team mates! Loved him.

Agreed. I often think of that midweek away match at Barnet when there was a stoppage that lasted a fair few minutes and the whole time we sang the 'he don't speak English' song, and Bil kept looking over to us and bowing, much to the dismay of some of his team mates! Loved him.

........and it was offside...........

He came into our box during the v Orient JPT semi to do the meet & greet thing at a time when his relationship with the fans wasn't great and I couldn't speak highly enough of him. Stayed and chatted, smile on his face the whole time, had no idea if he'd play for us again at that point but his attitude was spot on. He did some silly things thanks to his short fuse but underneath all that is a decent bloke & I certainly wish him all the best.

He came into our box during the v Orient JPT semi to do the meet & greet thing at a time when his relationship with the fans wasn't great and I couldn't speak highly enough of him. Stayed and chatted, smile on his face the whole time, had no idea if he'd play for us again at that point but his attitude was spot on. He did some silly things thanks to his short fuse but underneath all that is a decent bloke & I certainly wish him all the best.

That was the thing about Bilel, interacting with the fans you could not fault him. He used to come along to Trust activities - Race Nights and all sorts - even when none of the others did. He had an amazing rapport with supporters and we all loved him for it.

Yep a fantastic guy off the pitch. I even invited him to my son's 21st not thinking for one minute he would, but he duly arrived bringing his brother (who he was supposed to be taking to the airport) and J P Kalala. Stayed for quite a while chatting to everyone.

Yep a fantastic guy off the pitch. I even invited him to my son's 21st not thinking for one minute he would, but he duly arrived bringing his brother (who he was supposed to be taking to the airport) and J P Kalala. Stayed for quite a while chatting to everyone.

J. P. Kalala - there's a name that had slipped from the memory. :omg:

I went to a House party once (Not Noel's) and Pat Scully was there. Someone had invited him and he turned up.

I went to a House party once (Not Noel's) and Pat Scully was there. Someone had invited him and he turned up.

Pat Scully used to go out with the bird from the Ladbrokes shop in the town. She used to work at SUFC at the time in hospitality. She said he was a really nice guy and they almost got married. She was a party animal, so he may have turned up at that party with her.

I remember seeing Mike Marsh and Andy Thomson in Churchills once. Me and my mate tried to have a chat with them but they didn't want to know. A bit later Mike Marsh literally got carried out (he was hammered) at which point Thomson was hanging around us trying to be mates..! Strange days back then.

I remember seeing Mike Marsh and Andy Thomson in Churchills once. Me and my mate tried to have a chat with them but they didn't want to know. A bit later Mike Marsh literally got carried out (he was hammered) at which point Thomson was hanging around us trying to be mates..! Strange days back then.

I read somewhere that Ronnie Wheldon tried to tempt Adrian Clarke to the club by saying there were some good drinkers here...

Fading away? Haven't spent too much time researching but he doesn't appeared to have featured for ES Sahel and on one site he wasn't even included in their squad of players. Interesting to note that he didn't feature once for Angers on his return to France and in his 15 appearances for Paris FC in Ligue 2 last season, he didn't score once.

Back