• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does anyone know where and who spotted him,also who brought him in? Please don't tell me Widdrington !!!!

The manager has a track record of finding gems in French football. IIRC other than Micky Evans, his star players in his Plymouth side were David Friio and Romain Larrieu (sp?). Whilst he sadly didn't work out for us, Zaaboub was another example for Swindon. Comminges was a big success at Swindon as well.

I'd therefore suggest that Sturrock has some pretty good contacts in France.

Seems like sound advice. I don't know much about coaching but I'd have thought that he's far better off learning the game through first-team football somewhere like here than he is playing in the reserves at a bigger club, regardless of the resources and training facilities that those Clubs have.

It depends who else is at the club. The fact that Coughlan and Barker, two very experienced, level-headed defenders are at the club is probably standing Mohsni in good stead. Another way to look at it is the manager... Tilson never quite knew how to bring the best out of forwards, but we had a number of midfielders who flourished under him, pretty much the same way in which Titus Bramble played his best football under Steve Bruce at Wigan.

I'd say this is the right place for him for now, but I fully expect him to move in the summer and have done for a while now.

I believe Mohsni has the same agent as Zaaboub, which is the reason he came over here for a trial in the summer.

I think he will stay till the end of the season and if and its a big if we manage to get into the play-offs and scrape promotion then we could have the same situation as with eastwood who would have surely moved had it not been for promotion.

Im not suggesting we have a team capable of promotion , but on present form anything is possible.

Exactly. We did hang onto Eastwood for a long time because we were moving up. Did anyone notice after the Barnet game how affectionate Mohsni was as he went round all of his team mates giving them big hugs?! How very French/Tunisian. Let's hope there's enough man love there to keep him at Roots Hall.

Back