• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

They have to face them again (at home) tonight. A win could move them up to 5th place.

I still don't tip them to be promoted though, looking at the other teams that have games in hand over them & fixtures. I think it might be a bridge to far for them this season. Am I correct in thinking only 2 clubs get promoted from this division?

Slightly off topic, but it's sad to see (for me anyway) the rise and complete collapse of Grays Athletic, considering they produced such great players as Michael Kightly, Aaron Mclean and of course the legend that slayed Man Utd, our very own Sir Freddy Eastwood.

It doesn't seem so long ago they were pushing for division 2 football and winning the FA Trophy 2 years on the trot.

Anyway, now rock bottom of this league, with no ground to call their own, and staring yet another relegation in the face in as many years. They cant score for toffee, and look almost certain to concede 100+ goals before the season is finished.

On another note, Needham Market certainly deserves a special mention, despite being currently in 4th place, & still in the hunt for a promotion push, they have a goal difference of "0", scoring a whopping 70 goals so far this season, yet obviously also conceding 70 also!! That would be an accumulator nightmare! :smile:

As i understood the top team goes up, and 2nd - 5th play off for the last promotion place.

Mentioning Grays Ath, also Gary Hooper and the late Mitchell Cole can be added to the list of players coming through their ranks...

That was my understanding also with the promotion. (still don't think they will make it though).

As for Hoops & Cole... Shame on me for missing them out! :sad:

No wage-capping, hence clubs can waste as much dosh as they like on players. It's been seen many a time before in non-league at clubs such as Histon and Farnborough, and latterly down at Eastleigh, each chasing the dream of attaining FL status yet finding life in reality a lot harder and generally leading into financial meltdown.

Billericay's owner, Tamplin, would do better investing in their god-awful pitch (levelling the slope and sorting out the playing surface) and upgrading the facilities dramatically for supporters, access-way to the ground isn't much good either.
Every chance of winning through the play-offs but will find teams in the league above generally stronger, clubs are better run and operate on much smaller playing budgets than Tamplin's currently sp*nking.....asides Ebbsfleet.

Shame about Grays, used to have a cracking selection of beers in the clubhouse at their New Rec. Ground.

sounds more realistic, but still makes them likely to be the highest paid players in non-league football

Daft money for has-beens. Don't know how many players Forest Green have on their books but their annual wage bill is in excess of £2 million.

I see Dulwich Hamlet got their revenge from the weekend by beating Billericay 2-0 last night. They have another tough game on Saturday against 3rd place Leiston. A must win, if they want to keep their promotion hopes alive.

I see Dulwich Hamlet got their revenge from the weekend by beating Billericay 2-0 last night. They have another tough game on Saturday against 3rd place Leiston. A must win, if they want to keep their promotion hopes alive.
Anton and Coker were there watching last night I hear.

Anyone else seen this? Wait til the song starts at 1:40. Konchesky and O'Hara must be wondering what on earth they've signed up for. :hilarious:

[video=youtube;t48GzrhCyR4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t48GzrhCyR4[/video]

Anyone else seen this? Wait til the song starts at 1:40. Konchesky and O'Hara must be wondering what on earth they've signed up for. :hilarious:

[video=youtube;t48GzrhCyR4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t48GzrhCyR4[/video]
ive been told this guy ain't got a clue about football, now I know he ain't got a frigging clue, useless is being to kind, they need a real manager if they are to get out of that league.

Quality! :smile: .. Billy Graham, eat your heart out!

Dreadful song, though!

Mind you, 8-3 suggests it worked! :omg:

I asked my neighbour who goes to Billericay regular, there is no player on 2 k, a couple on 1 k . But a striker is on 100 pound per goal.
The ground has been done up, the toilets are tiled and spotless the club house good food/drink selection and that's encouraging more families
His big concern are they the next Hornchurch , Mark Wright is bringing his Z celeb friends down to " up the image"

Jimmy Bullard was also at Billericay's training ground during the week, doing his "you the know the drill" skit for Soccer Am.

Back