• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

But he's a multi-miliionaire and can easily afford it.......or so it keeps being reported. Something doesn't quite add up.

Could he be trimming the overheads in order to sell the new promoted outfit in a few months ?
Tamplin hasn't been at a game for a month , Kochensky has already gone, maybe Tamplin has seen the writing on the wall and is actually taking steps to keep the club from doing a Hornchurch.....

No-one with any financial sense would take on a club at that level (or a step higher) with players on silly-money contracts unless they are prepared to lose money hand over fist. The expected / GT's demanded gates haven't materialsed, there's not the income to support a high wage budget. Even at 50pct of the reported wage bill they would be a higher paying club
than any club a league higher in National South.

No-one with any financial sense would take on a club at that level (or a step higher) with players on silly-money contracts unless they are prepared to lose money hand over fist. The expected / GT's demanded gates haven't materialsed, there's not the income to support a high wage budget. Even at 50pct of the reported wage bill they would be a higher paying club
than any club a league higher in National South.

I imagine we're not all astute business people on here, but didn't we all see this coming?

But he's a multi-miliionaire and can easily afford it.......or so it keeps being reported. Something doesn't quite add up.

People typically become multi-millionaires by investing their money wisely. Billericay isn't profitable so why would he keep throwing money at it?

Then why did he start on his BTFC project in the first place?? Read up on him then make up your mind about his financial dealings and status.

People typically become multi-millionaires by investing their money wisely. Billericay isn't profitable so why would he keep throwing money at it?

I suppose when someone has that much money, putting a million into a hobby/dream isn't relevant. I doubt people who put money into Chelsea etc. do it to make a profit. To them it's something to enjoy. You or I might have a week in Tenerife and think it's worth the money and can afford it - they spend millions on a football club in the same way. After all, if you have (say) £20 million, does it make any difference if you have £19 million a year later?

I suppose when someone has that much money, putting a million into a hobby/dream isn't relevant. I doubt people who put money into Chelsea etc. do it to make a profit. To them it's something to enjoy. You or I might have a week in Tenerife and think it's worth the money and can afford it - they spend millions on a football club in the same way. After all, if you have (say) £20 million, does it make any difference if you have £19 million a year later?

Tamplin is a millionaire though, not a billionaire. He can waste a certain amount of his wealth without worry but if he keeps throwing money at the club he's not going to be able to afford his lifestyle anymore. He was supposedly expecting far bigger crowds than they are getting, so he's probably losing far more money than he expected. I'd be amazed if Tamplin earns £20 million a year, he claims he's only worth £45 million, he's earning a lot per year but it's not enough for him to throw away a couple of million and not feel the hit.

Tamplin is a millionaire though, not a billionaire. He can waste a certain amount of his wealth without worry but if he keeps throwing money at the club he's not going to be able to afford his lifestyle anymore. He was supposedly expecting far bigger crowds than they are getting, so he's probably losing far more money than he expected. I'd be amazed if Tamplin earns £20 million a year, he claims he's only worth £45 million, he's earning a lot per year but it's not enough for him to throw away a couple of million and not feel the hit.

Indeed. As with any money going out, if it exceeds the amount coming in, cue the Rank Film bloke....

As the brilliant TwoHT pointed out back in September, Tamplin isn't anywhere near as loaded as he makes out: http://twohundredpercent.net/billericay-town-essex/

What a bitter and twisted article. Who ever Mark is he reeks of envy because of Tamplin's money. So what if Billericay end up going nowhere in the long run. Neither did Canvey but the fans had fun while it lasted and the set up of the club will be a lot better.

In your opinion. It makes for interesting reading and ties-in with other info available on said character, his many 'businesses' and a disinclination to paying HMRC - fact. Lots of shenanigans in the colourful world of non-league football don't ya know....

What a bitter and twisted article. Who ever Mark is he reeks of envy because of Tamplin's money. So what if Billericay end up going nowhere in the long run. Neither did Canvey but the fans had fun while it lasted and the set up of the club will be a lot better.

A big fan of people making money on the back dissolving companies owing HMRC shedloads, are we Riggers ?

You are Ken bates and I claim me £5

What Tamplin is doing at Billericay , with their proud no league history , is a disgrace.
Mind you the town has changed rather a lot since I grew up there, so maybe the Towie types like Tamplin fit in there now,

In your opinion. It makes for interesting reading and ties-in with other info available on said character, his many 'businesses' and a disinclination to paying HMRC - fact. Lots of shenanigans in the colourful world of non-league football don't ya know....

Where would non league be without local dodgy/gangster business men popping for a few years at various clubs. Is it any different to Russian or Thai doing the same in the PL.

A big fan of people making money on the back dissolving companies owing HMRC shedloads, are we Riggers ?

You are Ken bates and I claim me £5

What Tamplin is doing at Billericay , with their proud no league history , is a disgrace.
Mind you the town has changed rather a lot since I grew up there, so maybe the Towie types like Tamplin fit in there now,

Who said I was a big fan of Tamplin. Nobody gets rich by being honest.

Still don't see how his short live folly will do any damage to your home town. You already have a better stadium. Even if they went bust they will be back at their normal level within a couple of years.

They will end up worse off, same as happened at Canvey and at Grays etc etc...having a new (refurbished) stadium don't pay the bills.

"Nobody gets rich by being honest."

Really? That's news!

Even Lord Sugar was keeping Sky updated during the bidding process for the TV rights during the early days of the PL. Without knowing how much they had to offer they would have never won. At the time Amstrad was the only company making satellite dishes and receiver boxes for Sky......Funny that.

Who said I was a big fan of Tamplin. Nobody gets rich by being honest.

Still don't see how his short live folly will do any damage to your home town. You already have a better stadium. Even if they went bust they will be back at their normal level within a couple of years.

Are you suggesting Ron is dishonest or poor?

Back