• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billy Paynter news

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
From Swindon's Evening Advertiser (STFC midfielder Craig Easton's column):

After the great Ashes win and the not so good on-going one day international series against Australia, there’s been quite a bit in the press about cricketers playing football as a warm-up, and getting injured!

Well, this week we’ve had a couple of little accidents with cricket being the cause!

A cricket bat has found its way into the gym recently and the boys can’t help themselves, trying to recreate this summer's heroics from Stuart Broad, Andrew Strauss & Co.

As you can imagine, some of the bowling is pretty dodgy to say the least and there’s been a bit of bodyline on a few occasions, but mostly it’s just because we’re pretty rubbish.

Gordon Greer, who I don’t think has even seen cricket before, bowled me a “bouncer” which I tried to hook and caught an edge taking it onto my eye and giving me a nice shiner, much to the delight of my teammates - Billy Paynter especially.

So it was with equal satisfaction that I witnessed a few days later Billy managing to somehow hit himself in the eye with the bat after a good full length delivery from Jonathan Douglas.

So if you see any of the boys sporting war wounds it probably won’t have anything to do with us putting our bodies on the line during games - more likely it's been caused by a stray bat or ball.

------------------------

Always thought Paynter had the build to be a handy right arm fast/fast-medium and lower order big hitter in the style of a Graham Napier.

Back