• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Birmingham relegated

John Eustace was not appreciated for the fantastic job he had done, and they weren't satisfied, and wanted more. He definitely would not have taken them down. John Eustace then goes on to do his magic at Blackburn. Birmingham City haven't a clue. John Eustace had them punching well above their weight for the team they had. He was getting the very best out of them.
This is what I wrote in the sacked managers thread in January

Really clueless are the powers that be at Birmingham. John Eustace had them in a wonderful 6th position. Reading the story, John Eustace inherited a poor team. In the summer he sold 7 players, and brought in 12 for roughly the money made on sales. This transformed the team under him and he clearly did a fantastic job to get them to 6th in an extremely hard League. Then they sack him as they're not satisfied. Then to confound the ridiculous decision, they bring in the useless Rooney of all people. As I said at the time, a former player who played under him said, ''Great player, never a Manager''. Now they're in 20th position and in the relegation battle. It serves them right. If they stuck with Eustace, they might have been in a promotion battle.

John Eustace was not appreciated for the fantastic job he had done, and they weren't satisfied, and wanted more. He definitely would not have taken them down. John Eustace then goes on to do his magic at Blackburn. Birmingham City haven't a clue. John Eustace had them punching well above their weight for the team they had. He was getting the very best out of them.
This is what I wrote in the sacked managers thread in January

Really clueless are the powers that be at Birmingham. John Eustace had them in a wonderful 6th position. Reading the story, John Eustace inherited a poor team. In the summer he sold 7 players, and brought in 12 for roughly the money made on sales. This transformed the team under him and he clearly did a fantastic job to get them to 6th in an extremely hard League. Then they sack him as they're not satisfied. Then to confound the ridiculous decision, they bring in the useless Rooney of all people. As I said at the time, a former player who played under him said, ''Great player, never a Manager''. Now they're in 20th position and in the relegation battle. It serves them right. If they stuck with Eustace, they might have been in a promotion battle.

Gota, love the yanks in our game of footy.

It doesn't help when the goalkeeper John Ruddy said after the relegation that ''For me, this club will be in the Premier League within five years.''
Lol. How has he got faith in the owners after the mess they made of it this season? For a start they have to pick the right Manager, something they're not good at. Yes, they will be one of the favourites to go up from League One, but even if they do it, getting promotion in the Championship is another thing entirely. I don't think they will be in the Premiership in the next 10 years, let alone 5.

It doesn't help when the goalkeeper John Ruddy said after the relegation that ''For me, this club will be in the Premier League within five years.''
Lol. How has he got faith in the owners after the mess they made of it this season? For a start they have to pick the right Manager, something they're not good at. Yes, they will be one of the favourites to go up from League One, but even if they do it, getting promotion in the Championship is another thing entirely. I don't think they will be in the Premiership in the next 10 years, let alone 5.
Me i would love it if the reappointed Rooney to take them down to lge 2 so that we can whoop there asses and help sent them to NL., I said we becoz we going to get promoted .

Back