• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Blair Sturrock signs for Bishops Stortford

I honestly believe he has found his level, and was vastly over rated by many on here; irregardless of ability he put effort into performing for the club that many other lauded stars on here lacked, and his passion was genuine as opposed to misguided like a certain other individual. Hope he does well.

Feel for bishops stortford, at that level there's clearly a lack of money and for them to have to play in the Conference 'North' is ridiculous. That's the equivalent of someone like Wigan playing in the 'South'. Doesn't add up.

We won't be seeing him again in this years FA Cup as Bishops Stortford got knocked out this weekend.

Feel for bishops stortford, at that level there's clearly a lack of money and for them to have to play in the Conference 'North' is ridiculous. That's the equivalent of someone like Wigan playing in the 'South'. Doesn't add up.

It adds up perfectly. Bishops Stortford are the 20th most northerly club out of the 44 making up the Blue Sq North and South. Oxford and Gloucester (just) are more southerly and also play in the northern section.

It adds up perfectly. Bishops Stortford are the 20th most northerly club out of the 44 making up the Blue Sq North and South. Oxford and Gloucester (just) are more southerly and also play in the northern section.

Yep, but it's quite unlikely that towns so far south are in the northern section. I dare say for teams like BS they must be hoping a few southern teams are promoted / relegated and replaced by a few real nothern teams. It can't be good for the coffers.

i read somewhere that Chelmsford only just escaped the conf north so if more northern teams leave that level then Chelmsford could be next for Blyth Spartans on a Tuesday night.

i read somewhere that Chelmsford only just escaped the conf north so if more northern teams leave that level then Chelmsford could be next for Blyth Spartans on a Tuesday night.

So would that mean if Braintree got relegated they would go into BSN?

braintree played in the south before they were promoted to the national conference

Indeed they did, but the demographics of Blue Sq football have changed in the meantime and, yes, if they don't change again and Braintree get relegated they would go into the Northern Section. Clubs like Bishops Stortford who were "asked" to move got some compensation whereas a team relegated into the Northern section would almost certainly not.

Indeed they did, but the demographics of Blue Sq football have changed in the meantime and, yes, if they don't change again and Braintree get relegated they would go into the Northern Section. Clubs like Bishops Stortford who were "asked" to move got some compensation whereas a team relegated into the Northern section would almost certainly not.

Never mind that - what about ref watch for Torquay?

Good luck to him. Really nice guy, and always gave 100% effort when in a Southend shirt.

I think Whitecap can do a lot better than that, packed crowds of 25k deserve better forward than him!

I think Whitecap can do a lot better than that, packed crowds of 25k deserve better forward than him!

If you mean goalscorer, you are probably right. If you meant a forward who can hold up the ball, create space, bring others into the game and play accurate long and short passes to feet then Sturrock is the right man and I'm glad he is getting a game at a decent level.

Back