• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues’ stadium plans spark shops concern

I hate all this bollocks - We live in a democracy for god sake.

If you are running a shop and I want to open one doing the same thing I can. If you have looked after your customers and done a good job then you dont have anything to worry about.

Bunch of tools. Move to Fossetts Farm and trade from there if you dont like it.

mad.gif

So, there is a problem with Rochford residents using the facilities of neighbouring boroughs to the detriment of their own borough.

How ridiculous, the people of Rochford have always used Southend for shopping and entertainment and the people of Southend always used Rochford for giving birth or going to MFI.

Rochford packed up their side of the equation and are moaning that Southend are developing theirs.....

I think its pretty certain we will get permission to build it - but everytime someone applies for planning permission from the council there is always people that are going to be opposed to it so this is to be expected, the people that want it well outweigh the people that dont.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_ladies_no10 @ Nov. 22 2006,14:58)]I think its pretty certain we will get permission to build it - but everytime someone applies for planning permission from the council there is always people that are going to be opposed to it so this is to be expected, the people that want it well outweigh the people that dont.
Hopefully, knowing Southend Council (& obviously in this case Rochford too) I won't hold my breath!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_ladies_no10 @ Nov. 22 2006,14:58)]I think its pretty certain we will get permission to build it - but everytime someone applies for planning permission from the council there is always people that are going to be opposed to it so this is to be expected, the people that want it well outweigh the people that dont.
As long as the Council realise this it will be approved.

Going off at a tangent, but I was delighted to find that with a royal blue marker and some tippex, I was able to change the 2 car flags I have to "Say no to the stadium"  

CS J, mate, our campaign is under way.  

laugh.gif

having lived in Rochford for 6 weeks now I can say they won't be missed

an expensive bakers, an expensive butchers, a Post Office and a corner shop that doubles as an offy - big deal

What shops. The only decent plaice is Jackos fish and chip shop.
laugh.gif

Ex resident

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Going off at a tangent, but I was delighted to find that with a royal blue marker and some tippex, I was able to change the 2 car flags I have to "Say no to the stadium"

If you and CSJ got 10 million to buy Ron Martin out and keep Root-Hall then good luck, if we end up getting our stadium plan rejected, in the next 5 years Southend Utd FC would be forced to move outside Southend borough in a bid to find land for new ground like Wimbledon to MK.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Nov. 22 2006,17:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Going off at a tangent, but I was delighted to find that with a royal blue marker and some tippex, I was able to change the 2 car flags I have to "Say no to the stadium"  

If you and CSJ got 10 million to buy Ron Martin out and keep Root-Hall then good luck, if we end up getting our stadium plan rejected, in the next 5 years Southend Utd FC would be forced to move outside Southend borough in a bid to find land for new ground like Wimbledon to MK.
Hear hear, Murky. I try my hardest to respect the point of view of others, but in this case, I find it hard. I also find it hard not to feel that those who oppose the stadium have not got the best interests, the health or the future prosperity of our beloved club at heart...

I have articulated my view on why I wish Southend United to remain at Roots Hall some time ago in various threads.

If you choose not to have read them, or worse still have just ignored them, and instead respond to a flippant comment to cast judgement on people's support of Southend United, then I genuinely pity you.

I do hope the new ground is not bereft of the humour, so honoured with supporting the team, but of which a bypass is now being exhibited by some in our exhalted position.

The flags do look fairly cool, too
wink.gif

And people who see those flags will no doubt not look close enough and think you support the stadium, so thanks for your support
smile.gif

I would doubt that as I do not avail myself the facility of the car. There are, however, a couple of drinking establishments in the environs of Southend that appreciate the humour and from which the flags can now be clearly seen not to be in favour of the new stadium.

Thank you for your concern though
smile.gif

I only say this as we "DO NOT OWN ROOT-HALL ANYMORE" Its new stadium or bust, unless we got a Root-Hall loving suger daddy come along to buy us out!

Back