• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues boss Brown: I don't think the team are playing for me

I must have missed these 'several' times, whenever we lose its hard to keep up with all the threads saying the same things.

If its the 'lost the dressing room' cliché that has been wheeled out, then no I don't have any inside information. Besides I have never come on here claiming knowledge of players falling out with each other, staff with players, staff with staff etc.

I stick to facts. If someone claims that Freddy Eastwood is on £,5000 per week or we had one of the biggest budgets in the league etc, then yes I'm happy to point out that is total bull. Or something damaging to players and club alike.....I saw half the team eating a full monty in Tescos at 13:00 on matchday.....so and so was out on the town on this night....Then yes with some inside knowledge I'll happily point out its total bull.......Usually to the annoyance of those that hate everything SUFC.

For the record I never have asked about what goes on in the dressing room.... Nor would I be told.....If I was told I would lose respect for that person.

I' will give you one piece of inside information......People who come on here claiming they know all about the dressing room are full of s... :thumbsup:

So, just to clarify, are you saying you have no idea whats going on, or are not prepared to opine?

So, just to clarify, are you saying you have no idea whats going on, or are not prepared to opine?

I could opine because that's what being a football fan is all about.

What that really means is a total guess or a so called 'informed' conclusion. Again some will base that on a deep seated preconceived idea about PB based on some echo headlines or a radio interview etc.

Don't we have enough people to do that already. Besides I've been told you can't defend the undefendable etc....let people vent their anger etc.....

I could opine because that's what being a football fan is all about.

What that really means is a total guess or a so called 'informed' conclusion. Again some will base that on a deep seated preconceived idea about PB based on some echo headlines or a radio interview etc.

Don't we have enough people to do that already. Besides I've been told you can't defend the undefendable etc....let people vent their anger etc.....

It sounds like dodging the question. You seem to know enough to tell everyone when they are talking BS which implies you are somewhat informed of facts. That gives you the basis to make an educated guess. If you can't defend the undefendable, what is that undefendable you have been told not to defend? You don't usually allow others to vent their anger without telling them how wrong they are. Why so different this time? Its a polite request for an answer to the question.

Exactly. Such "old sweats" are cynical clock-watchers, smirking at those who put in a real shift and draining the energy out of the young by their actions and cynical comments. I predict a big clear-out next month (and, for once, a prediction of mine may actually happen).

I'm not sure about that.

For players to move on there would have to be clubs wanting to take them otherwise we'd need to pay them off and we probably don't have the money given the lack of a cup run.

Maybe one player is paid off (Brown typically makes an example out of a player in a situation like this) and another (Wordsworth/ Demetriou?) finds a new club but I can't see a big clear out in January being feasible.

It sounds like dodging the question. You seem to know enough to tell everyone when they are talking BS which implies you are somewhat informed of facts. That gives you the basis to make an educated guess. If you can't defend the undefendable, what is that undefendable you have been told not to defend? You don't usually allow others to vent their anger without telling them how wrong they are. Why so different this time? Its a polite request for an answer to the question.

If I do you might be offended and I wouldn't want to do that. This is a site for the minority of the minority to 'vent' and I don't want to spoil that

Even on the political debate any dissent against the 'groovy gang' has been successfully silenced.

Last edited:
If I do you might be offended and I wouldn't want to do that. This is a site for the minority of the minority to 'vent' and I don't want to spoil that

Even on the political debate any dissent against the 'groovy gang' has been successfully silenced.

Your responses are becoming trite. I might be offended? Offend away. All I am asking is for your take on things. As for the minority or groovy gang to which you refer, they are part of the SUFC fan base and as such use this forum. Their opinion may differ to yours but that's what makes football so special. Views, differing views and codswallop. If we all agreed it would be a very sterile experience. If your view is in support of PB, thats great, even I have had to show him sympathy with what has gone on. Just state your case and thats fine.

Your responses are becoming trite. I might be offended? Offend away. All I am asking is for your take on things. As for the minority or groovy gang to which you refer, they are part of the SUFC fan base and as such use this forum. Their opinion may differ to yours but that's what makes football so special. Views, differing views and codswallop. If we all agreed it would be a very sterile experience. If your view is in support of PB, thats great, even I have had to show him sympathy with what has gone on. Just state your case and thats fine.

Why do you keep chipping away at Rigsby? To be fair to him he's answer all you've asked.

Why do you keep chipping away at Rigsby? To be fair to him he's answer all you've asked.

I am not trying to chip at him. I recognise he has, in the past, shown knowledge of the clubs affairs and have asked his opinion on the current matter. he has not answered anything. If he does not wish to, thats fine. I was merely looking for his version of events. He is quick to disparage, and generally quite unnecessarily sarcastically, but in poo pooing others he has not given his side of it.

I am not trying to chip at him. I recognise he has, in the past, shown knowledge of the clubs affairs and have asked his opinion on the current matter. he has not answered anything. If he does not wish to, thats fine. I was merely looking for his version of events. He is quick to disparage, and generally quite unnecessarily sarcastically, but in poo pooing others he has not given his side of it.

For the last time I don't know if the rumours are true.....You will have to ask Ricky Otto or the girl in question, herself. Just don't ask her dad:thumbsup:

Seems there is no pleasing some on here. Perfectly clear in post 100 how much information I have on something that may not even exist.

Seems there is no pleasing some on here. Perfectly clear in post 100 how much information I have on something that may not even exist.

Usual nonsense. Don't worry I will not refer to you again. Post 100 says nothing of your opinion and that is what I have asked. Clearly you are not worth asking anything of and from your post of #109 shows how you dodge and deflect the question in some attempt at humour. It's your right not to answer but perhaps you could just say you do not wish to give an opinion. In which case please stop giving your offensive opinions on other posters when you won't offer yours. Cheers

Usual nonsense. Don't worry I will not refer to you again. Post 100 says nothing of your opinion and that is what I have asked. Clearly you are not worth asking anything of and from your post of #109 shows how you dodge and deflect the question in some attempt at humour. It's your right not to answer but perhaps you could just say you do not wish to give an opinion. In which case please stop giving your offensive opinions on other posters when you won't offer yours. Cheers

Come on lads lots not get carried away. Some of you have made some good and valid points so far about the oldies but lets not start a hate campaign.

Cox proved excellent value last season for what we could afford. As did Anton who also got the best out of Thompson. Both of those players should have been in anyone's top 3 picks for POTY. They were major factors in our 7th place finish.

Anyone on here think MAF is lazy, cynical or unfit......He is also our interpreter for Ba.

If I may, house master... I think you'll find my first post on this thread was not offensive to anyone...Except to you it would appear.....So it would seem I can't win really. If I give an opinion you find it offensive, if I don't you will troll me all day until you can vent your personal anger.

Do hope I don't sound in any way trite as I wouldn't want to upset you.

If I may, house master... I think you'll find my first post on this thread was not offensive to anyone...Except to you it would appear.....So it would seem I can't win really. If I give an opinion you find it offensive, if I don't you will troll me all day until you can vent your personal anger.

Great censorship. Now list all of your responses, across all the threads. Bye bye.

Great censorship. Now list all of your responses, across all the threads. Bye bye.

People who do have inside information would be Ron or Timlin. They have spoke to the Echo and we have threads on both. I suggest you read them if your that obsessed about PB rather than accuse me of lying about information I don't have.

You do sound trite, and you have a habit of deliberately avoiding a question in such a way as to change the focus of the point away from the issue and onto the poster. Ie , it was obvious he wasn’t referring to your first post on this thread ( cue some smart arse reply regarding school teachers, etc etc )I’m sure you are well aware of this. I have said before I like your match reports and insight, but not the other crap. Onceknownas , a committed “brown out” according to some has written a lot of very pro brown stuff In The last few days. Not everything has to be black and white, for/against.

Not sure what you mean by minority of the minority, it sounds quite condescending. This is a site for everyone to share their views and opinions on Southend, other football related items as well as anything else that gets raised. No minority there, just everyone

Not sure what you mean by minority of the minority, it sounds quite condescending. This is a site for everyone to share their views and opinions on Southend, other football related items as well as anything else that gets raised. No minority there, just everyone
I believe Riggers relates to the 5000 regular Roots Hall attendees as the majority, the SZ followers number a minority of that; but most SZ persons read and rarely post, with a minority of SZ who do post thus being a minority of a minority.
Not, imo, condescending.
Finally this isn't a site for everyone to share their views, largely for which I am grateful as there are some strange views out there.
Anything else I can help you understand?.......................now that is condescending!:whistling:

Not sure what you mean byminority of the minority, it sounds quite condescending. This is a site for everyone to share their views and opinions on Southend, other football related items as well as anything else that gets raised. No minority there, just everyone

Careful Dave, might be some wag out there that says something like......Your not the sharpest tool in the box are you :winking:

The Zone is not for petty squabbles, point scoring, insults, moaning about other posters ---- it is here for sensible debate without the previously mentioned childish actions.

I am starting to get very browned-off with members who veer off-topic on every thread.

If you do not like someone's point of view put them on ignore.

This is a final warning to those concerned.

We might be a minority of a minority but the Zone will be a better place with a few less irritating arses.

There will be no other words on this.

Back