• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What he said!! I didn't think he was tested in the air, which is a big issue in Division 2.

Whilst I believe you can rule out a trialist such as Brown in 90 or even 45 minutes, I'm not so sure anyone can be certain that he should be new seasons No1 based on the one game.

Brown to be fair did all that was asked of him at Braintree IMO, and impressed me more than any of the other trial keepers.

I would however prefer that we had another look at him, or indeed see if there are any other candidates to consider before we commit.

Last edited:
For me he seems to fit the bill. Great experience, more than I would have expected and from what's been said of the trial game handled himself well. Not sure we've got many other options so for me I'd be very happy seeing him sign.

On the back of ONE trial game ??

Jeepers i'm glad you aint in control of our purse strings Clint :winking:

Not just the back of one trial game. Both have pedigree- Brown has played for the top teams in the SPL and Brogan was very highly rated at Rotherham before a terrible injury and has been excellent for Stalybridge (yes I know theyre 2 leagues below us but thats the level Ryan Hall was playing at before he signed for us).

fact is we need a keeper pronto, this guy is experienced and has a sound record. Brogan presumably wouldnt command much in wages and could have that ability to win a game on his own which not many of our players have.

Saw this Brown fella at Braintree on Saturday and he looked sound to me! He seemed to command his area and handled the ball well! He did have an unusual half volley goal kick but it did have decent distance! Impressed after 1 game but he needs another one at least until we take the punt on him.

Back