• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Interesting but do you know whether the odds have shortened following this morning's resignations?

I don't, I know that I read a second referendum was 5/2 after the peoples vote march though, so great strides have been made according to the bookies. Worth noting the bookies were very wrong on the original referendum result though.

Oh dear. After saying many times we wouldn't be in the EU customs union and bound by EU laws, Theresa May has lied, or given in to the EU.

Rees-Mogg writes to all Conservative MPs giving four reasons why deal should be turned down
Jacob Rees-Mogg, chair of the European Research Group, which represents Tory MPs pushing for a harder Brexit, must be a speed reader. He has just released the text of a letter he is sending to all Conservative MPs urging them to reject the draft Brexit deal. He gives four reasons why.
First, he says it will involve giving the EU £39bn and getting “little or nothing in return”.
Second, he says the agreement would treat Northern Ireland differently from the rest of the UK.
Third, he says it would lock the UK into an EU customs union and EU laws.
And, fourth he says that keeping the UK bound by the rules of the customs union would contradict what was in the 2017 Conservative manifesto and that this would be “profoundly undemocratic”.
Is the £39Bn a 1 off ,or is that for future years as well ?

No wonder the EU have been making noises that they are happy with this newly tweaked deal. The extended transition period keeps us under their rules and payments for 21 months, and under the jurisdiction of the European Court. If both sides don't come to an agreement at the end of the 21 months, then extra time can be added. So the EU could keep us in for ages, especially by not opting for a deal at the end of the transitional period, which they are likely to do to keep us in as long as possible.
This is what I heard this morning. The minister also said that out is meant to be out, but this deal would mean we would still be in and squeezed by the wotsits by the EU.

570.jpg
you know some people will think that is real!

Why would anyone want to leave anyway ? :Unsure:
I have never heard a rational or practical reason. Plenty of emotive language, appeals to petty nationalism with an underlay of racism and loads of wilful misrepresentation yes, but never anything resembling a logical argument to demonstrate the UK would be better off.

May will be out if no10 by the weekend

Rees-Mogg will be PM by next week

Trotsky-Corbyn will then demand a general election

What a mess!

I have never heard a rational or practical reason. Plenty of emotive language, appeals to petty nationalism with an underlay of racism and loads of wilful misrepresentation yes, but never anything resembling a logical argument to demonstrate the UK would be better off.

So why do you choose to live in a country that is far more racist than Britain and you are happy benefit from their nationalism and racism...…..Makes you a total hypocrite.

Well I suggest you should clean out your ears.

Back