• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Please please please please ,no more of this trash to read ,

I mean, it’s an ok reply, but what you could have done is offered a concise rebuttal & actually added some form of positive contribution to the discussion.

The Brexit deal won't get through GBJ. I predict that it'll be roundly defeated by quite a large margin and what happens then is anyone's guess. I'd imagine May will have to then stand down.

I hope it doesn’t, but let’s be honest, with the current unpredictability of the current landscape, would it really surprise you if it did?

Let’s be honest, on Friday it looked nailed on that May would be facing the no-confidence vote by 5pm. 4 days on, and it appears that they’re still struggling to get the 48 letters. And the worrying thing is, if they can’t even get 48 MP’s on board to go against May, then how does that bode for the MP’s blocking her deal?

The one good thing is, Barna hasnt (yet) made the prediction that it definitely won’t get through parliament. When he does that, we’ll all know to start panicking :)

I mean, it’s an ok reply, but what you could have done is offered a concise rebuttal & actually added some form of positive contribution to the discussion.
it upsets me so much that a person should think those thoughts ,let alone puts them into print,I loose all faith in humanity

Thank you GBJ, you beat me to it.............I'll just expand a little. Stan33 I thank for your criticism of my post and I'm always willing to be corrected for any shortcomings in my points of view. Likewise I'd like to evaluate your offerings to this thread. Sadly, I've gone back over three months and found not one contribution from you offering your point of view. The only thing you appear capable of doing is snide sniping from the sidelines at any post you personally disagree with. If you don't want to offer any opinions of your own perhaps you'd do well to follow MK Shrimper's advice.

Thank you GBJ, you beat me to it.............I'll just expand a little. Stan33 I thank for your criticism of my post and I'm always willing to be corrected for any shortcomings in my points of view. Likewise I'd like to evaluate your offerings to this thread. Sadly, I've gone back over three months and found not one contribution from you offering your point of view. The only thing you appear capable of doing is snide sniping from the sidelines at any post you personally disagree with. If you don't want to offer any opinions of your own perhaps you'd do well to follow MK Shrimper's advice.

In the circumstances, this is fair enough GBJ but let’s remember we don’t know who others are (age or anything else). :Thumbs up:

@Stan33 could you expand on your thoughts for us mate? Give us some specifics (the quote function might help) so we can engage in the debate. We might agree with you. We might not, but your views are valid as long as you air them to the same scrutiny that others do

In the circumstances, this is fair enough GBJ but let’s remember we don’t know who others are (age or anything else). :Thumbs up:

Err, yeah fair enough, but I’m a little confused why you’re addressing me whilst quoting someone else’s response?

Well, she really doesn't give up, does she! Against apparently overwhelming odds she is going to play her two jokers in a desperate bid to turn the tide. Addressing the CBI this morning, it sounds as if they will come onside (anything to avoid a no deal). They will then be requested to lean on their local MP's to back May's deal. Sounds a good strategy but I doubt even that will remove the DUP's opposition and enough hard-nut Brexiters to make a difference. Her second joker will be coming back from Europe with the promise of a, fleshed out, future relationship with the EU that is too good to refuse.
Meanwhile back in London, will Theresa May faces an embarrassing defeat, in parliament, over plans to force her into publishing data comparing Britain’s economic prospects under her Brexit deal to staying in the EU? The clock is still clicking but apparently there is (according to him) enough time for 'SuperCorbyn to win a General Election, go to Brussels, renogotiate a wonder deal (which May was incapable of)..............and get back in time for Christmas??? :Smile:
Additionally, lest we've forgotten, have we got to the magic number, 48? The suspense continues.

Updating on the publishing of comparative data. The impact from three scenarios (May's deal, no deal and no Brexit) will be published before the 'meaningful' vote.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-v-no-brexit-economic-forecasts-to-be-revealed-11558398

DUP deal is over as they are refusing to vote with the government on various aspects of the finance bill. May is now heading a minority government with a cobbled together Cabinet after senior members have quit in numbers twice in little over 4 months. The longer she limps on the less time there is for someone to come in and save Brexit.

Edit. DUP are not just abstaining but also voting with Labour on some aspects.

Last edited:
DUP deal is over as they are refusing to vote with the government on various aspects of the finance bill. May is now heading a minority government with a cobbled together Cabinet after senior members have quit in numbers twice in little over 4 months. The longer she limps on the less time there is for someone to come in and save Brexit.

Edit. DUP are not just abstaining but also voting with Labour on some aspects.

Another Surrey Shrimper, isn't claiming the DUP deal being over a little premature? From what I understand this is just a warning shot across the the government bows, concerning their draft Brexit deal. It does further illustrate, if any was needed, the difficulty of getting this legislation through parliament. However, if they do vote against the deal, their continuing support for the government may be thrown into doubt. Following that eventuality the DUP support of the Tory government may be the least of our problems! :Smile:

Another Surrey Shrimper, isn't claiming the DUP deal being over a little premature? From what I understand this is just a warning shot across the the government bows, concerning their draft Brexit deal. It does further illustrate, if any was needed, the difficulty of getting this legislation through parliament. However, if they do vote against the deal, their continuing support for the government may be thrown into doubt. Following that eventuality the DUP support of the Tory government may be the least of our problems! :Smile:
BBC are billing it as a warning.

Apparently the budget includes another £1bn to Northern Ireland tied in with the 'confidence and supply' agreement.

DUP are abstaining on some aspects of the budget and voting against the government on some others. If they won't vote for the Budget and won't vote for May's Brexit deal then as far as I'm concerned their agreement is over.

I know May likes to dress up failure as success but even for her it would be too embarrassing to claim an ongoing alliance with a party who vote against her main legislation.

Updating on the publishing of comparative data. The impact from three scenarios (May's deal, no deal and no Brexit) will be published before the 'meaningful' vote.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-v-no-brexit-economic-forecasts-to-be-revealed-11558398

I predict the order will be May's deal closely followed by no brexit with no deal a long way behind.
A forecast by the civil service to support the civil service negotiation deal.
It will be supported by the usual suspects and will be used as a reason to support no brexit as any possible future financial gains will not be worth the hassle of leaving.
This has been the goal since they somehow managed to lose the referendum.

I predict the order will be May's deal closely followed by no brexit with no deal a long way behind.
A forecast by the civil service to support the civil service negotiation deal.
It will be supported by the usual suspects and will be used as a reason to support no brexit as any possible future financial gains will not be worth the hassle of leaving.
This has been the goal since they somehow managed to lose the referendum.

Don't you regard Brexit, in its present form, rather like winning the battle but losing the war?

Don't you regard Brexit, in its present form, rather like winning the battle but losing the war?

Its you remoners that are in for years of misery. Especially if you live in somewhere like France. Your just one hijacked lorry away from the National Front.

Our elections will be fought over who can stand up to the EU the most, until its Inevitable collapse of course.

Its you remoners that are in for years of misery. Especially if you live in somewhere like France. Your just one hijacked lorry away from the National Front.

Our elections will be fought over who can stand up to the EU the most, until its Inevitable collapse of course.
Do you approve of May's deal? Do you approve of the fishing arrangements? I know that was a big factor for you in wanting to leave.

Do you approve of May's deal? Do you approve of the fishing arrangements? I know that was a big factor for you in wanting to leave.

Why would I approve of anything May would come up with. The moment she was manoeuvered into position I knew what was coming.
On the plus side it will of course make British politics much more interesting and for the long term future of our country I pray that the political elite do now block Brexit.

As for fishing, it was not top of my list for voting leave. Its just a good example of how corrupt, incompetent and damaging the EU is for Britain.

Why would I approve of anything May would come up with. The moment she was manoeuvered into position I knew what was coming.
On the plus side it will of course make British politics much more interesting and for the long term future of our country I pray that the political elite do now block Brexit.

As for fishing, it was not top of my list for voting leave. Its just a good example of how corrupt, incompetent and damaging the EU is for Britain.

Hold on, did I read that right, you want Brexit blocked now?

Back