• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brighton vs Southend Official Match Thread

They were our points without a doubt today ..........

****ing annoyed be back later:mad:

Said alot came from the left. Do we have the right person at right back if that was the case or is that being unfair?

I only caught some of the game as I am working - boo hoo!

clean sheet against watford, 3 changes in the defense today and 3 goals conceded, why change it from midweek

Said alot came from the left. Do we have the right person at right back if that was the case or is that being unfair?

I only caught some of the game as I am working - boo hoo!

Methinks it's more a case of having no right sided midfielder, thus leaving Gilbert totally exposed.

Tilson out -------- out-thought and out-subbed. It really isn't good enough , more and more often the other managers work out our team failings and we play our subs for a couple of minutes.

clean sheet against watford, 3 changes in the defense today and 3 goals conceded, why change it from midweek

Because Tilson likes to kiss ****. He never makes changes even if players do well because he likes "loyalty". **** loyalty and think about whats right! You cant be Mr nice in football you've got to be tough and make decisions and if your not up to it dont be manager.

Methinks it's more a case of having no right sided midfielder, thus leaving Gilbert totally exposed.

Hence it would be better if Black started? I assume he didnt.

Its not looking good and we should have won when we went 2-1 up by the sounds of it. Unable to kill the game off by the sounds of it.

Shocking really that this has happened before aswell!

But even Chris Phiilips said that Gilbert was getting skinned and wasn't being covered. Why could't ST see it and change it. I think all the goals came down the Brighton left and yet ST wouldn't change it. Our defending from crosses and set pieces is woeful and yet ST makes changes in midfield and up front. Nither Harrold or MacDonald have scored a league goal and yet they start each week. Naive tactics, woeful preparation, inability to learn how to defend set pieces and yet all ST will say is that we should have won and worked hard.

Time to look at management, training, preparation and tactics.

Disgraceful.

Tell you what Sodje must be licking his lips for next week, he is almost gauranteed a goal every corner or free kick if we stick with the Darryl/Clarke/Barrat combination. We so desperately need some height in the defence and have needed it since 1/2 way through last season.........I am so P**sed off this is just another in a succession of games we have chucked away because of the lack of height.
Time to give Collis and Richards a run........

Back