• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bring back Cole

Alex

Members
Mitchel Cole has actually quite alot of assists this season and has scored. he wants to take players on and cross it in. what has he done to loose his place. Campbell-Ryce has IMHO been p%&s poor. yes he has a high work rate and tracks back, but he wont cross the ball and for a winger thats not good enough. also tonight in the 2nd half it looked as though he wanted to play right back with hunt as he stood next to him making bently come out of position to chase down the wing. some of our best football played and results this season was with cole and gower playing down the wings. Tilson must bring cole back in and drop Campbell-Ryce to the bench

Prior to cole being dropped he had been poor in a sucession of games probably due to the fact that his lifestyle has just changed with his new arrival

I remember seeing him play at Bristol City the week after his kid was born & he looked genuinely knackered

Hopefully things at home will start to settle down now and he'll be knocking on the first team door again soon

Also remember with the festive period coming up we have 4 games in 8 days that most certainly means the whole squad will be used, JCR will also be unavailable for a couple of those games due to his loan being expired

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Dec. 07 2005,08:59)]JCR will also be unavailable for a couple of those games due to his loan being expired
Just one game, the home game v Bournemouth on NY Eve.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Dec. 07 2005,08:59)]Prior to cole being dropped he had been poor in a sucession of games probably due to the fact that his lifestyle has just changed with his new arrival

I remember seeing him play at Bristol City the week after his kid was born & he looked genuinely knackered

Hopefully things at home will start to settle down now and he'll be knocking on the first team door again soon
I'm hoping thats why tilly has left him out of the squad

I personally don't think this is the main reason for Cole's poor run of form, he usually starts OK but goes missing as soon as he receives a hard challenge from the RB which invariably happens to a winger at least once every game - just not brave enough IMHO.

I am AMAZED to see such stick for JCR. I think the bloke was the best player last night. I accept that he didnt get down the line as much as we would have liked but to the same point he was the only one capable of beating a man.

Gower seemed to have springs in his shoes for the first half and won more headers than the rest of his career Created a bit but again looked knackered.

I am suprised by the Cole comments. What short memories some people have. I have only missed 4 games this season and I think bar the Col U game Cole has looked niave.

I feel the biggest problem he have is not the winfers but the full backs and unitl that is sorted JCR, Cole and Gower will never play to there potential until they can get a decent overlap from full backs...

DtS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Dec. 07 2005,12:59)]I am AMAZED to see such stick for JCR. I think the bloke was the best player last night. I accept that he didnt get down the line as much as we would have liked but to the same point he was the only one capable of beating a man.

Gower seemed to have springs in his shoes for the first half and won more headers than the rest of his career Created a bit but again looked knackered.

I am suprised by the Cole comments. What short memories some people have. I have only missed 4 games this season and I think bar the Col U game Cole has looked niave.

I feel the biggest problem he have is not the winfers but the full backs and unitl that is sorted JCR, Cole and Gower will never play to there potential until they can get a decent overlap from full backs...

DtS
Were you in the west? If you were then you wouldnt think that. He is a fancy dan, who doesnt know how to run on or release a ball early. JCR our best player. Don't make me laugh!

I think you were sitting behind a pillor ?

Did you not see a superb cross field ball to Gower from you side. Or him beat player after player. If Hunt had idea to overlap him more and create more space he could have done even more.

DtS

think with cole having a new mini cole in his life must be hard and a big change for him, not sure he is strong enough either - perhaps he should be knocking back a few pints of guiness and a few steaks everyday as he gets knocked off the ball too easily - has potential though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Dec. 07 2005,13:03)]Were you in the west? If you were then you wouldnt think that.
Look, just because you were in the West it doesn't mean your opinion is right and everybody else's is wrong- he did spend a half on the East side as well!
Anyway, i thought JCR did alright last night and this is a typical exmple of somebody being made a scape goat for a pretty lame performance all round.
Chesterfield did make life very hard for us last night by sticking 11 men behind the ball for pretty much the entire 90 minutes. And they were 5th before the game FFS, you'd think they were bottom with no points judging by the reaction.

Just to add Chesterfield have only lost once in last 8 games so they not exactly mugs are they....
ghostface.gif

The fans act like if we lost at home to a bottom side, Jesus! You should thank your lucky star that we don't support Rotherham & Bristol City by the look of it.

Dave the shrimper

I totally agree with you mate. I think JCR is an absolute quality player and am fed up of the stick he seems to get from ''supporters''. He is one of the few players in the team who gives 100% EVERYGAME and he could easily pull off a piece of magic to change a game. Get behind the lad for god sake, he is exciting to watch and i for one am delighted to have such a quality player at the hall!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Dec. 07 2005,12:27)]I personally don't think this is the main reason for Cole's poor run of form, he usually starts OK but goes missing as soon as he receives a hard challenge from the RB which invariably happens to a winger at least once every game - just not brave enough IMHO.
He's brave alright, maybe not yet strong enough ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcfed @ Dec. 07 2005,15:03)]Dave the shrimper

I totally agree with you mate. I think JCR is an absolute quality player and am fed up of the stick he seems to get from ''supporters''. He is one of the few players in the team who gives 100% EVERYGAME and he could easily pull off a piece of magic to change a game. Get behind the lad for god sake, he is exciting to watch and i for one am delighted to have such a quality player at the hall!
JCR has obvious quality. On Tuesday for an hour he was excellent. However, although he beats players, he rarely gets past them and puts a cross in. This is an area he needs to work on.

However, gone are the games where he felt it necessary to beat the entire team and his contribution to the side increases every game.

Like Cole, he is young and needs time. I reckon we'll see the best of these two players next season, if we haven't crushed their spirit first of course with inane and persistent criticism.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Dec. 08 2005,08:14)]I reckon we'll see the best of these two players next season, if we haven't crushed their spirit first of course with inane and persistent criticism.
Bang on the money, yet again, fbm... Come on, folks - get behind them!

Matt

im all for getting behind the team and hate to criticise. however, results speak for themselves and with cole we have won far more. i except that this also has something to do with form and whether or not coles new arrival has anything to do it, his form may have dipped. tilly hasnt really given him a chance to prove this on the pitch though. as tilly said himself, he will change things around until we get the results so im hoping this is something he is considering.

Back