• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown in or Brown out ?

• Brown in?

Votes: 135 40.1%
  • Brown out?

Votes: 202 59.9%

• Total voters
There are unfortunately a number of our so called fans who have wanted Brown out since the day he arrived. I personaly would like to see him stay at least until his contract ends. Think his pay off would be about 150k which in my opinion would be better spent on boosting the squad in January.

I disagree. When paying our alleged £4K for certain players on long contracts, extending contracts for players like Robinson who is nowhere near the standard, any more access for PB to the purse strings would be dangerous. We will be paying for Ferdinand, Robinson, etc for years to come. Let’s notgive him the chance to create anymore debt for the next manager.

There are unfortunately a number of our so called fans who have wanted Brown out since the day he arrived. I personaly would like to see him stay at least until his contract ends. Think his pay off would be about 150k which in my opinion would be better spent on boosting the squad in January.
Brown will go down as being one of our better Managers (top 5) based on his achievements so think it is disrespectful for him to be vilified by a minority on here after the first mediocre six months he has had with us.
Think we are about where we should be in the division there are some on here that are delusional in their beliefs that we should be challenging for Automatic promotion year on year. Our budget, support, revenue and investment is smaller than most in the division.

What about the start of last season and the end of the season before? We were pretty awful for most of that year. He turned it round to be fair to him, but to me it feels like he has run out of ideas.

5 defeats in 6 and only 4 points clear of the drop zone. Also only Northampton And Bury have a worse goal difference at what point do we say this is enough. We also have two 6 pointers coming up very soon

Time to go now. We are failing and there's no signs of it changing. Away from home is unacceptable. Have no idea why he hasn't used a wing back system with 3 centre backs to tighten things up. We make it far too easy for the opposition.

I'm sure those Brown in crowd are not so smug now.

So you're feeling smug at us struggling just so you can say "I told you so!!".

That's the type of supporters this club needs.

Personally I don't care who the manager is, I just don't want to see us struggling, but I don't see how PB can continue much longer.

However whoever comes in after, I can guarantee there will be disappointment and moaning at who gets appointed.

Personally I don't care who the manager is, I just don't want to see us struggling, but I don't see how PB can continue much longer.

However whoever comes in after, I can guarantee there will be disappointment and moaning at who gets appointed.

So you know who has been 'lined' up then :winking:

Do you know what. I am feeling a little smug. I have been saying we needed a change since we royally threw away a great chance at the play offs last season and have carried on in the same vain.

It's this attitude of who can we get that's better that really ****es me off.

There are loads of managers out there that would inject some freshness into the squad, some belief into the players and actually get the team playing as a unit.

Everything about this current squad is disjointed.

Brown lost my backing when he publicly pimped himself out for various jobs. He slates individuals which is just plain bad management. We win as a team and lose as a team.

Thanks for the promotion which should have been a given with our budget. Let's not forget Morecambe away and the fact we were 30 seconds from a play off fail.

Every dog gas it's day and Brown has had his a long time ago.

I can't see anywhere in the post that T2H indicates he is smug, can you? The pro Brown fan have made it clear how Brown is going to shoot us up the league and to be fair, if he had, would have all been very smug. Brown hasn't and he is failing miserably as the anti Brown fans predicted. No anti Brown fan wants us to lose to prove a point though

This whole affair has become divisive and toxic. Hindsight heroes need to accept that whether you are pro or anti Brown, we are all in the same boat. I personally feel for the plight PB has found himself in. I have long wanted him to leave but would have preferred it at a time his stock was higher than now. There is no delight on my part to see a manager, and potentially his backroom staff, finding themselves out of work.
Further to that I do not relish seeing what has happened to our season or feel happy that we now have to look over our shoulders and sense the relegation pack getting ominously close.
For the good of the club, the management, the players and the fans, decisions need to made now. The fans need to show their support for the club and get behind whatever decision is made. Hopefully we can be civilised enough not to gloat if the axe falls on anyone.

Last edited:
Brown will go down as being one of our better Managers (top 5) based on his achievements so think it is disrespectful for him to be vilified by a minority on here after the first mediocre six months he has had with us.
Think we are about where we should be in the division there are some on here that are delusional in their beliefs that we should be challenging for Automatic promotion year on year. Our budget, support, revenue and investment is smaller than most in the division.
Have no idea why you think being just 4 points ahead of the relegation zone with many of the teams below us having a game in hand is ‘where we should be’. Nobody is saying we should be challenging for automatic promotion but with the quality in the squad and the relative weakness of the rest of the league we should be doing a lot better than we are. Putting in some effort and changing the same old tactics that aren’t working would be a good start.

Spot on 'rab'

The whole thing has got stale, on and off the pitch.

If someone said we could finish halfway up and start again with a new plan, I'd take that tomorrow.

Much as I think PB has done a really great job here, when all is said and done, his heart, the fans and some of the players, just doesn't seem to be in it now.

S O S....save our Southend !

But if anyone else mentions the Cowshi* brothers I swear I’m going to scream. It’s well documented that they have no time for us as a club, and personally I would prefer someone with a tad more experience and passion for us, who...I don’t have an answer to that, but the season ain’t beyond this talented squad with the right person at the helm.

S O S....save our Southend !

But if anyone else mentions the Cowshi* brothers I swear I’m going to scream. It’s well documented that they have no time for us as a club, and personally I would prefer someone with a tad more experience and passion for us, who...I don’t have an answer to that, but the season ain’t beyond this talented squad with the right person at the helm.

Does it really matter what Danny Cowley is alleged to have said about Southend in the past? If PB goes, and I agree with everything that onceknownasrab has just said in this regard, we will need a manager with a successful track record who knows how to get the best out of players and manage on a modest budget. We do not need experienced managers with a poor track record and little knowledge of the lower leagues.

Last edited:
It's Brown that signed the players. It's Brown that said the players weren't playing for him. It's Brown that has singled out players for abuse. It's Brown that trains the players and coaches. We can't defend for ****. We can't score for ****. The players look unfit and disinterested. Time to bring someone in who can freshen the whole team and workrate.

Have no idea why you think being just 4 points ahead of the relegation zone with many of the teams below us having a game in hand is ‘where we should be’. Nobody is saying we should be challenging for automatic promotion but with the quality in the squad and the relative weakness of the rest of the league we should be doing a lot better than we are. Putting in some effort and changing the same old tactics that aren’t working would be a good start.

We are at best a mid first division club based on support, investment and revenue! Not sure if I could have made this clearer.

We are at best a mid first division club based on support, investment and revenue! Not sure if I could have made this clearer.

Back