• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As has been asked many times, what was supposedly said? It seems totally out of character for him to have upset anyone based on everything we have seen/ heard about him since he has been here
I can't say exactly because it will be obvious who my source is but lets say he don't wanna play for Brown anymore n that attitude came across

Bust ups happen in every team between players, coaches and managers etc. None of you know what it was about or how far it goes back. But we have plenty of people who want to make unnecessary snide remarks about Prosser or continue their anti-Brown agenda.

For what its worth I watched Luke have some really good games for us. I agree with others I wish him luck and he will be welcome at RH if he ever comes back.....By most of us.

How do you know? I have a source from inside the club (someone I trust) and know the gist of what's happened in the past few weeks, and after Swindon. There are others on here in the same situation I'm sure (Napster:winking:)

Cheerio Prosser, IMO he isn't L1 level and I still don't understand why he got a new deal. Good luck for the future.

If PB doesn't think he can now cut mustard in this league and can shop him out and replace him, so what, what's the fuss. I like Luke and appreciate some stand out performances in the past, however he has also had some shockers. What Luke has given is full commitment to the Southend cause and I will always applaud that. But football is a survival business and if we can replace him and he finds another Club, the football cog continues to turn. 99 times out of 100 every player is replaceable and we can't be sentimental about these things.

An interesting comment, Deegan is the ultimate marmite boy. Assuming Luke leaves, then who will come in for the lions share of the SZ hairdryer treatment? I would think Atkinson, Deegan and Mooney, not necessarily in that order. Maybe we should have a SZ poll to see who most would like to beast the most?
All 3 you name have yet to demonstrate to me that they are anything other than League 2 journeymen. Good pick Rootshallbloke.

He's been at the club a while and there comes as point where everyone needs to move on. Sad to see him go, but I wonder if this may now be best for both parties. Shame he wasn't always appreciated - we've had and we will have much worse players than Luke Prosser on our books. An easy win for the new Leyton Orient manager, anyone?

Phil Brown has also said ''There are one or two others who were in the squad on Saturday who don't want to be here either, and if they don't want to be here, then I don't want them here.'' ''I'm basically down to 16 senior professional players now.''

I wonder who else will be leaving.

How do you know? I have a source from inside the club (someone I trust) and know the gist of what's happened in the past few weeks, and after Swindon. There are others on here in the same situation I'm sure (Napster:winking:)

Cheerio Prosser, IMO he isn't L1 level and I still don't understand why he got a new deal. Good luck for the future.

Yes don't we all and mines better than yours etc. But you still only get their version you weren't around for the build up and none of us were in the changing room at Swindon.

As you probably know hearsay is not admissible in a court of law. This thread is a perfect example of why

I thought Prosser was appalling in his first couple of seasons , Hearing his and Gilberts name on the same team sheet almost made me turn round and go home on more than one occasion .
That said , he improved and had a couple of really good games last season, but imo he is way off league 1 standard and would not be hard to improve on

Has been a good servant and will have no problem getting another club. I would say Weston, Hurst and Deegan also need offloading to make room for some better quality.

Prosser has been a great servant to the club but I can understand at his age he wants to be a first-team regular and he has found it hard to cement a starting place under Brown. I echo the sentiment of others, I like the guy and I wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

Has been a good servant and will have no problem getting another club. I would say Weston, Hurst and Deegan also need offloading to make room for some better quality.

Agree with hurst and deegan, I would keep Weston for his pace and versatility. I said deegan should be offloaded a few weeks back, a few completely disagreed. He is league 2 at very best!

Should never have got a contract extension an average league two player at best! Plenty of better centre halfs about for us to sign if needed! Think he only got a new deal because his wage isn't massive and was basically signed for cover but he expected first team football

Weston has improved I wouldn't offload him, deegan is a good squad player! Hurst has had his chances now needs to move on

Always tried to do what Brown's asked of him. Fully committed to the team and performance. Vocal and brave, but for some inexplicable reason singled out for criticism. Must have been difficult for some when he wasn't part of the recent 4 0 and 3 0 defeats.

and probably ickle jackie payne

I'd read into Brown's quote that he wouldn't be playing the ones he doesn't want to keep if they don't want to be here. Payne ran himself into the ground for the cause on Saturday

Worrall however was on the Subs bench but never warmed up throughout. My guess is that he's one of the ones who wants out. That would be a big loss.

Back