• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Im fully aware of what it means to support my team. My record is in my signature. I've seen enough teams to know how good this one is and 5Th place scraping wins each week is unacceptable. 5th at the end of the season with this squad is failure and so brown must work out now how to get us into that top three and keep us there. Unless he finds a goal scoring formula then there is no way we will bridge that gap. I've had enough of the garbage of League Two and my expectations are far higher than ****ing fifth..

So berrating the team is supporting them is it! I think not! We may not be playing the best football in the world, but I for one couldn't give a flying f*** as long as we are winning. Ye we might have scrapped past the teams at the bottom but teams at the bottom are notoriously tricky opponents and no team has a God given right to beat them! Please explain how we have a right to finish at least 3rd and anything else is a failure. Why shouldnt Luton, Poetsmouth, Burton, Wycombe, Bury and a whole host of other clubs finish above us? At the end of the day football match can be won and lost on external factors ie the officials getting a decision a wrong etc all these have an influence on a match! With reference to scrapping wins I really wouldn't care if we went through the rest of the reason scrapping wins in every match, I'm sure you still wouldn't be happy with that would you!

I still think too many on here over rate the squad....we have some good players yes but too many inconsistent performers and some who simply aren't promotion material. Of course brown picks em etc but players contribute to results too one way or the other. Two signings is all we need imo.

Poor opposition ha ofcourse they are!! In this lge anyone can beat anyone look at Mansfield yesturday beating in form Plymouth!! A result is a result and phil brown deserves the credit when we win just like you lot serve him up when we don't win,time to back brown like true supporters!!!

I still feel that we have one of the strongest squads in the league and on that basis Brown should reasonably be under some pressure to deliver. The quality of players we have means I expect more than an upper mid table finish. He's enjoyed the backing of the chairman to the point where he has so many options that, on occasions, he doesn't know which player to pick - he can have no complaints there.

We've picked up points in the last few games and whilst 12 from 12 is impressive, these are teams you would expect us to beat if we're serious about promotion. The next 4 games will pose a far greater test - with this squad we SHOULD be in contention, and games against Wycombe, Cambridge, Burton, Dagenham will either make us or (again) expose us.

I still feel that we have one of the strongest squads in the league and on that basis Brown should reasonably be under some pressure to deliver. The quality of players we have means I expect more than an upper mid table finish. He's enjoyed the backing of the chairman to the point where he has so many options that, on occasions, he doesn't know which player to pick - he can have no complaints there.

We've picked up points in the last few games and whilst 12 from 12 is impressive, these are teams you would expect us to beat if we're serious about promotion. The next 4 games will pose a far greater test - with this squad we SHOULD be in contention, and games against Wycombe, Cambridge, Burton, Dagenham will either make us or (again) expose us.

You do know Phil brown has a fairly large part to play in assembling that strong squad?

So berrating the team is supporting them is it! I think not! We may not be playing the best football in the world, but I for one couldn't give a flying f*** as long as we are winning. Ye we might have scrapped past the teams at the bottom but teams at the bottom are notoriously tricky opponents and no team has a God given right to beat them! Please explain how we have a right to finish at least 3rd and anything else is a failure. Why shouldnt Luton, Poetsmouth, Burton, Wycombe, Bury and a whole host of other clubs finish above us? At the end of the day football match can be won and lost on external factors ie the officials getting a decision a wrong etc all these have an influence on a match! With reference to scrapping wins I really wouldn't care if we went through the rest of the reason scrapping wins in every match, I'm sure you still wouldn't be happy with that would you!

Havent berated team once. I have berated the manager though and rightfully so. I have also commended him in the last few games for not tinkering and making daft moves. My post is about my expectation of this group of players. Football is about winning games ultimately and I'm expecting nothing less than making sure we do enough to finish above the clubs you mention. I and quite a lot of punters on this site think we might be much better placed this season were it not for the manager and his peculiar tactics and decision making. I don't go into every season thinking that but I do make that my expectation this season with this strong squad. I honestly believe if we don't get out of this league this season we never will.

Havent berated team once. I have berated the manager though and rightfully so. I have also commended him in the last few games for not tinkering and making daft moves. My post is about my expectation of this group of players. Football is about winning games ultimately and I'm expecting nothing less than making sure we do enough to finish above the clubs you mention. I and quite a lot of punters on this site think we might be much better placed this season were it not for the manager and his peculiar tactics and decision making. I don't go into every season thinking that but I do make that my expectation this season with this strong squad. I honestly believe if we don't get out of this league this season we never will.

Agreed,

So far we have played 8 games against the current top eleven sides and only collected 8 points..Averaging a point a game is not too clever.

The next few games are against promotion candidates so we will discover how good/bad we really are.

Well see as the manger is part of the team you have berated them, my point is criticising the team (including the manger) does not help in anyway, if we scrap wins by the single goal then we are ultimately winning games. The manager will make a decision based on what he has seen in training or over the last few weeks/games much of these we as supports do not see. At the end of the day mistakes will be made by the manager and the players, I'm sure you have made plenty of mistakes in your life. Encouraging the team and not being critical when these mistakes are made would be more beneficial instead of looking to force the manager out, the grass is not always greener on the other side!

When the players stop playing for PB then you know there is a problem. What I see so far, the players are trying for him, just we are unluckly not to wins in our draws & defeats (expect at Luton which we deserved to get beat).

i know we're not top at the moment but at the end of the day if we get promoted this season then job done, doesn't matter where we are now other than we're in the mix

Poor opposition ha ofcourse they are!!

We've just beaten the teams who are 23rd and 24th in the division. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

i know we're not top at the moment but at the end of the day if we get promoted this season then job done, doesn't matter where we are now other than we're in the mix

I disagree. The job isn't just about this season, it's about growing the club, building something sustainable for the future, developing players and putting us in a position to be successful over the long term.

I'd rather another season in this division if meant we would actually stay up - or better yet challenge - once we got promoted. I don't want us to crash and burn.

I disagree. The job isn't just about this season, it's about growing the club, building something sustainable for the future, developing players and putting us in a position to be successful over the long term.

I'd rather another season in this division if meant we would actually stay up - or better yet challenge - once we got promoted. I don't want us to crash and burn.[/QUOTE]

what do you mean? You got to be in it to win it, lets get up and see where we go. as we ourselves have seen one season does not necessarily determine the next. We went up in the play-offs and won the league then came straight back down. lets get ourselves up, see who can make the step up, replace those who can't but enjoy some league one for a while and go from there

what do you mean? You got to be in it to win it, lets get up and see where we go. as we ourselves have seen one season does not necessarily determine the next. We went up in the play-offs and won the league then came straight back down. lets get ourselves up, see who can make the step up, replace those who can't but enjoy some league one for a while and go from there

I mean you need to have a long term approach: not just be worrying about the next game but have an eye on the future as well.

It means balancing the books, developing players, selling players, bringing kids from the youth team into the first team and progressing the team and the club.

We haven't moved forward from 2 ago. We've gone at best sideways on the pitch with no sign of progression.

What reason have we for thinking that next season will be any better?

I mean you need to have a long term approach: not just be worrying about the next game but have an eye on the future as well.

It means balancing the books, developing players, selling players, bringing kids from the youth team into the first team and progressing the team and the club.

We haven't moved forward from 2 ago. We've gone at best sideways on the pitch with no sign of progression.

What reason have we for thinking that next season will be any better?

thats all good stuff we'd all love to see but given the choice between the two I'd always take promotion. If we did get promoted I think we'd be in a better position to do those things

Makes sense to me , the higher division we are in the more likely to attract a better class of youth to the academy,also a better class senior player ,whether it be a loanee or permanent,also the more chance of getting a top class sponsor.The club need to progress to survive.In short Mr Brown and Mr Martin really do need to get SUFC promoted this season,whilst the league itself is not strong,otherwise i can foresee a bleak future for us all.

if we go up this year then Brown has done a good job.
if he can build on that even better but if he doesnt he would be no worse than anything that's gone before.
every promotion we've had has ultimately proved to be unsustainable - even the two double promotions we were back in the basement within 8 seasons and 5 seasons.
we won't stop 'crashing and burning' without a bigger fan base and stadium

if we go up this year then Brown has done a good job.
if he can build on that even better but if he doesnt he would be no worse than anything that's gone before.
every promotion we've had has ultimately proved to be unsustainable - even the two double promotions we were back in the basement within 8 seasons and 5 seasons.
we won't stop 'crashing and burning' without a bigger fan base and stadium

Yes just like Coventry Sheff Wed and United,Whilst Bournemouth fly high with their stadium smaller than the Hall.

Back