• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Really efficient performance here against a Bury side that had no plan-b when their ticky tacky football couldn't bypass our 2 lines of 4. Our quality in the final third was the difference - Ranger is a matchwinner at this level.

Oxley - looking far less iffy than at the start of the season - 7
White - was struggling big time against Danny Mayor which I guess will now be put down to an injury - 5
Thompson - emerging as the best centre half at the club and benefitting from having an experienced head alongside him - 8
Ferdinand - I never notice him as playing particularly well but we certainly defend better as a team when he's in the back four - 7
Coker - a solid performance as ever, if unspectacular - 7
Leonard - see Coker - 7
Atkinson - see Leonard and Coker - 7
Timlin - brings as sense of urgency and energy to this midfield. Comfortable at this level - 8
McLaughlin - a much improved player who occupies players going forwards and has also added some defensive steel - 8
Cox - a good foil for Ranger, things don't always come off for him but you can see he could play at a higher level - 8
Ranger - enjoy him while we have him guys, was the difference between the 2 teams - 9

O'Neill - has looked lightweight at right back previously but did his job when called upon today - 7
Sokolik - although apparently our 5th choice centre half, I do wonder if he'd improve like Thompson has if paired with Ferdinand for a few weeks.
Fortune - I bet PB loves this bloke - closes down, holds the ball, and runs the channels for the final 15 mins of every game.

Really efficient performance here against a Bury side that had no plan-b when their ticky tacky football couldn't bypass our 2 lines of 4. Our quality in the final third was the difference - Ranger is a matchwinner at this level.

Oxley - looking far less iffy than at the start of the season - 7
White - was struggling big time against Danny Mayor which I guess will now be put down to an injury - 5
Thompson - emerging as the best centre half at the club and benefitting from having an experienced head alongside him - 8
Ferdinand - I never notice him as playing particularly well but we certainly defend better as a team when he's in the back four - 7
Coker - a solid performance as ever, if unspectacular - 7
Leonard - see Coker - 7
Atkinson - see Leonard and Coker - 7
Timlin - brings as sense of urgency and energy to this midfield. Comfortable at this level - 8
McLaughlin - a much improved player who occupies players going forwards and has also added some defensive steel - 8
Cox - a good foil for Ranger, things don't always come off for him but you can see he could play at a higher level - 8
Ranger - enjoy him while we have him guys, was the difference between the 2 teams - 9

O'Neill - has looked lightweight at right back previously but did his job when called upon today - 7
Sokolik - although apparently our 5th choice centre half, I do wonder if he'd improve like Thompson has if paired with Ferdinand for a few weeks.
Fortune - I bet PB loves this bloke - closes down, holds the ball, and runs the channels for the final 15 mins of every game.

A good report but JW deserves more than a 5. Although he was being beaten by Danny Mayor, the block he made when we were only 1 up was a pivotal point in the game. It could have been a very different game if Bury had scored to make it 1-1.
Overall a great away day.

Interestng that PB said that if Timlin had scored then it would have given him a real selection headache but would suggest that Wordsworth will now come back in. Seems a bit harsh on Timo, was a key player yesterday and to me when fit one of out best midfielders and offers us something different in midfield

really like wordsworth but would have a fit timlin all day long. Thoughts??

Interestng that PB said that if Timlin had scored then it would have given him a real selection headache but would suggest that Wordsworth will now come back in. Seems a bit harsh on Timo, was a key player yesterday and to me when fit one of out best midfielders and offers us something different in midfield

No. Wordsworth has been one of our best players this season, his dead ball delivery is 2nd to no-one else at the club. As I said earlier, if Timlin is going to usurp anyone it'll be Atkinson.

They are very very different players...if it was a straight choice between Timlin and Wordsworth I'm sure it would depend on how PB wanted to set up as to which one started.
I think they both have their strengths...Wordsworth is technically better and much more of an attacking threat, but can be a liability defensively when we are under pressure, Timlin is much more defensively sound, but doesn't have the same quality going forward. There's no reason at all why they shouldn't play together....I'm a big fan of what Atkinson brings, but as an example you could rest him and play Timlin and Wordsworth.

Without doubt now we have more options in the middle now, which has to be a good thing. Bridge and King, with the greatest respect don't really look good enough at this stage in their careers, but if we have Atkinson, Leonard, Timlin, Wordsworth and the 3 Macs fit to form a midfield with it gives PB the flexibility to use different formations without weakening the team.

Wordsworth has been so good lately it may be a tad harsh to drop him too....it's a good selection headache to have that's for sure, the performance of Wordsworth at MK dons was simply outstanding...as well as hi overall goal tally too. Wordsworth for me...but only just

A difficult one this. They are both excellent on their day and capable of being the key to taking games out of sight of the opposition at this level. Wordsworth offers more personal goal threat than Timlin although if Timo tees up a couple of goals plus for others each time he crosses the white line then Phil will have his selection headache anyway.

I read Phil's comment just as encouraging Timo to shoot himself a bit more and add a few more goals to his game.

Both good players but Wordsworth provides a goal threat that timlin does not. Not checked the stats but sure Wordsworth already scored more this season than Timlin ever has in a whole season.

Great to have selection choices though.

Well if PB has a selection headache it can only be a good thing. I could not go to the game but enjoyed the highlights. The goals were well taken and congratulations have to be given to the team for a magnificent 4-1 away win. UTB

No. Wordsworth has been one of our best players this season, his dead ball delivery is 2nd to no-one else at the club. As I said earlier, if Timlin is going to usurp anyone it'll be Atkinson.
I hope Timlin does still play (even with Wordsworth) he is the only player with bite, and as above urgency. If he stays fit he will not want to be a bench warmer, a lot of clubs would want him, when he played with that wrapped up head he was brilliant,

Funny how things change.

From being lightweight in midfield, we now have too many choices!

Funny how things change.

From being lightweight in midfield, we now have too many choices!
A fit Timlin makes so much difference, you have got to remember this guy spent 42 days in jail, only 42 days.... could you imagine a wimp like Lenny doing this? Just 42 you say..... he has a bit of bite about him, he is a nice guy, I like him.

This game was was won by a resolute defence. Bury had the chances but we stopped theirs whilst taking our own. They also had 10-15 min spells each side of half time where they controlled the game looking dangerous at times.

A fit Timlin makes so much difference, you have got to remember this guy spent 42 days in jail, only 42 days.... could you imagine a wimp like Lenny doing this? Just 42 you say..... he has a bit of bite about him, he is a nice guy, I like him.

You might not rate Lenny but calling him a wimp is just wrong! You don't know the guy to make that kind of judgement.

Timlin received a bit of preferential treatment inside so don't be expecting that he was King of the Landing or anything, he just got his head down and got on with what he was doing - probably the same as any of them would have in the same situation!

This game was was won by a resolute defence. Bury had the chances but we stopped theirs whilst taking our own. They also had 10-15 min spells each side of half time where they controlled the game looking dangerous at times.

So in essence the team performed throughout. The strikers took their opportunities, the mids worked hard in both directions and the defence stood up to the assault. That sounds good to me. For Bury to have had a fifteen minute spell either side of half time is less than one might expect from the home team. All teams in our division are capable of having a purple patch in a match and I say well done to our lads for thwarting it.

Whether we had won, lost or drawn, the team put their collective best foot forward and that's all I ever ask of them.

You might not rate Lenny but calling him a wimp is just wrong! You don't know the guy to make that kind of judgement.

Timlin received a bit of preferential treatment inside so don't be expecting that he was King of the Landing or anything, he just got his head down and got on with what he was doing - probably the same as any of them would have in the same situation!

there are a lot of things that are wrong, you know the saying... You know when you are really drunk, you believe everything the cabby is saying on the way home...

there are a lot of things that are wrong, you know the saying... You know when you are really drunk, you believe everything the cabby is saying on the way home...

Do you know anything about Cabbies, OBL??? Can you believe them???

Back