• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sharp eyes my friend... he does that little flick out, and loves a bit of tugging.....it's really bad that we are a different team with Ranger playing, can't rely just on this.... even can't hit a barn door, Mr shot shy Cox got one..... wowzer... we need a good striker as backup.

Ok,no probs....SZ invites all opinions, jeez I don't think I want to share a beer with you.ever thought of becoming a grim reeper?:headbang:

You always seem to score 4 against us.

Well played today . All the best for the rest

Ok,no probs....SZ invites all opinions, jeez I don't think I want to share a beer with you.ever thought of becoming a grim reeper?:headbang:
. I'll tell you what, I recon a fit Mooney next to Ranger would get a bag more goals than shot shy....if there is a strong midfield behind them...

. I'll tell you what, I recon a fit Mooney next to Ranger would get a bag more goals than shot shy....if there is a strong midfield behind them...

It's good to see you still have a sense of humour amongst the disappointment of us winning :hilarious:

I know, that's why I provided a sarcastic reply!!
ok again, I'm sure he would get more than Cox.... People keep talking about his assists.... I head something on talksport this monrning, its something that I have always said and thought...a striker should be greedy (ok there are times they have to pass) but the striker should be the best player at putting the ball in the back of the net end of story!!!! they should be the one shooting with just a half chance, other player should be assisting them.....not them assisting others most of the time.... shot shy mostly does what a midfielder, who plays behind the strikers does....(no not a false9)... again he should be pulling the trigger at every chance, not assisting, but being assisted.

ok again, I'm sure he would get more than Cox.... People keep talking about his assists.... I head something on talksport this monrning, its something that I have always said and thought...a striker should be greedy (ok there are times they have to pass) but the striker should be the best player at putting the ball in the back of the net end of story!!!! they should be the one shooting with just a half chance, other player should be assisting them.....not them assisting others most of the time.... shot shy mostly does what a midfielder, who plays behind the strikers does....(no not a false9)... again he should be pulling the trigger at every chance, not assisting, but being assisted.

So, in light of the 4-1 away victory on Saturday, with 3 of the goals provided by the Ranger/Cox partnership, what is your recommendation to the manager in terms of the forward line for next Saturday?

So, in light of the 4-1 away victory on Saturday, with 3 of the goals provided by the Ranger/Cox partnership, what is your recommendation to the manager in terms of the forward line for next Saturday?
you can't change it..... leave it as it is, Cox needs to take more chances, ignore the clouded vision of the goal, he must shoot more and not pass it.

you can't change it..... leave it as it is, Cox needs to take more chances, ignore the clouded vision of the goal, he must shoot more and not pass it.

That's good news then, if you accept that Ranger and Cox are the first choices at the moment while this run continues. I suspect that with this you will be in agreement with the overwhelming majority of posters on here, including MrsBlue, so I am looking forward with anticipation to a period of sweetness and fraternal harmony on here!

If Ranger and Cox stay as the preferred partnership for the rest of the season barring injury, that probably means that things have gone well and your wager with AndyT may be at risk. As an SUFC season-ticket holder, I assume that you would consider that a small price to pay for success on the field?!

Strikers should of course have confidence in their ability and shoot if they get the chance, but they should, as part of a TEAM, recognise if their striking partner, or other team mate is in a better position and "....assist".... TEAM ethic??

Strikers should of course have confidence in their ability and shoot if they get the chance, but they should, as part of a TEAM, recognise if their striking partner, or other team mate is in a better position and "....assist".... TEAM ethic??

Nope you are well wrong mate, no striker in the history of the game should ever have an assist to their name....Cox should obviously have shot rather than tee up someone else to score.

Exactly.....That's why our strikers don't get a goal bonus. Cox goes round the keeper at Sheffield and squares the ball to McL in a much better position, making sure we went 2-0 up. Minutes later Ranger is clean through and squares it to Cox in a better position and we have won the game at 3-0, Cox could have shot against Shrewsbury but played in McL for goal.

Being selfish in football is not the answer. Just look at any great side you have ever watched, from Brazil 1970 right up to Barcelona. Germany have won loads tournaments without ever having a single bit of ego in the team.

By all accounts Cox and Ranger were linking up really well on Saturday and we will see the benefits in the next few weeks with 5 out of 7 league games at home plus the Checkatrade cup fixture.

That's good news then, if you accept that Ranger and Cox are the first choices at the moment while this run continues. I suspect that with this you will be in agreement with the overwhelming majority of posters on here, including MrsBlue, so I am looking forward with anticipation to a period of sweetness and fraternal harmony on here!

If Ranger and Cox stay as the preferred partnership for the rest of the season barring injury, that probably means that things have gone well and your wager with AndyT may be at risk. As an SUFC season-ticket holder, I assume that you would consider that a small price to pay for success on the field?!
Do you recocon shot shy will hit 15? I hope he hits 25! But I just can't see 15 League goals.

Do you recocon shot shy will hit 15? I hope he hits 25! But I just can't see 15 League goals.

You're boring ! Leave it, you don't rate him. Can't you just enjoy the current form of the team ? You having your drum of hate won't change people's minds

You're boring ! Leave it, you don't rate him. Can't you just enjoy the current form of the team ? You having your drum of hate won't change people's minds
you will see in my other posts, hate is a terrible word to use....see you at the game

you will see in my other posts, hate is a terrible word to use....see you at the game

Agreed, apologise for use of that word. Will change it ....

You're boring ! Leave it, you don't rate him. Can't you just enjoy the current form of the team ? You having your drum of not rating Cox won't change people's minds

Nah, I wont see you at the game thanks.... couldn't put up with the moaning, which I should imagine is incessant !

I can't really comment as I haven't seen him play live yet, as have been out of the country for the season to date. But like everyone I can see the results when he has played alongside a partner who complements his game. I think we all get that you don't rate him, as you have stated it countless times on many threads (even on at least one when he has scored and we have won!).

But as you have also agreed that the Cox/Ranger partnership is the clear first choice right now, is there any real need to prolong this line of discussion at the moment, especially as you have said that you hope to be proven wrong in any case? As TTS said, how about we just enjoy the current form of the TEAM regardless?

Back