• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gutted about Saturday, but in our defence even our near neighbours Rochdales match was under threat during the monsoon and they have one of the best playing surfaces in the lower divisions. If anyones interested, the link below is behind the scenes coverage showing that, right up to kick off, conditions were fine. Also, for those that have ridiculed the use of the roller, apparently it was a sponge roller, (no I don't know what one is either), requested by the referee to see if the surface water could be shifted in order for the game to resume.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn2ucHia260&feature=youtu.be&list=UUZOvUIAB0_VZBVKUK8c0cdQ

I hope to be there ! For personal reasons away games on weekends are almost impossible now, but more than happy to take a day off work to support during the week.

UTB's

Well it had to be played at some stage, but not so sure I can go along with PB's comment that the postponement could work to our advantage. We now face no less than 7 games in just 23 days (4 of which are now in 12 days) culminating with the potential crunch game v Luton. Squad rotation needs to come in for consideration me thinks.

Gutted about Saturday, but in our defence even our near neighbours Rochdales match was under threat during the monsoon and they have one of the best playing surfaces in the lower divisions. If anyones interested, the link below is behind the scenes coverage showing that, right up to kick off, conditions were fine. Also, for those that have ridiculed the use of the roller, apparently it was a sponge roller, (no I don't know what one is either), requested by the referee to see if the surface water could be shifted in order for the game to resume.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn2ucHia260&feature=youtu.be&list=UUZOvUIAB0_VZBVKUK8c0cdQ

Welcome. We saw pictures on social media at around 10.30, pitch looked more than dodgy. With my refs head on I said I was surprised it was playable, and I was more than surprised when I actually saw the pitch at 2:30. It was dead in the water (see what I did there) the moment the heavens opened. We were told that if the game was scheduled for a 10am kick off it would have been postponed.

I don't see this as Bury's FC fault, the responsibility for decisions on playability rest solely with the referee.

I've seen the pitch at Hyde where their game was called off after 86 minutes.

The man with the roller, funniest thing I've seen all season.

I don't see this as Bury's FC fault, the responsibility for decisions on playability rest solely with the referee.

Bury's pitch has been awful since the turn of the year.

If a club cannot keep their pitch in reasonable condition, they should not be allowed to make money from ground-share arrangements.

(Having said that, the extent of the downpour might have caused problems even to a well-maintained pitch.)

If a club cannot keep their pitch in reasonable condition, they should not be allowed to make money from ground-share arrangements.

(Having said that, the extent of the downpour might have caused problems even to a well-maintained pitch.)

I've seen a few managers this season complain about pitches - their own and other teams - are the standard of pitches suddenly getting worse or are expectations higher? We havent had an especially cold or wet winter around the country

Ground share with who exactly? FC United were renting Gigg Lane for their home matches, but this arrangement ended at the end of last season when they moved to their own ground.
Also I went into the history of the pitch in the pre match thread so don't want to repeat all that again.
Finally, I think this game was ill starred from the beginning as our Youth Team game was also postponed on Saturday morning due to a flooded pitch. The difference being that it was due to be played at our, (ex Manchester City), training complex in Carrington which is on the opposite side of Manchester, not far from The Trafford Centre.

Ground share with who exactly? FC United were renting Gigg Lane for their home matches, but this arrangement ended at the end of last season .

Sorry, I thought it was still on-going; I couldn't believe you've got the pitch in that state all by yourselves :winking:

I'm told from my Shaker mate that the pitch cost £157k and has been rubbish all season.

I think part of the problem is that we are in what appears to be a cycle of mild wet winters, and pitches struggle. However, I was surprised to see how bad that pitch was. I don't think it was playable at the beginning, but that's just by looking and not treading on.

I do however think that if you cannot travel the 500 miles on a Tuesday night, you'll have to pay half price to watch 6:38 worth of football. If Bury FC are unable to refund (and I understand they have match costs), the Football League should at least cover the loss of full refunds for both Southend and Bury fans who are not able to attend on 21st.

Remember going to Burnley away for a re-arranged game on a Tuesday night in April and we won 5-3 !

The natives didn't take too kindly to it, though!

Great gesture from Bury.

I think it was Bury who last season had a game called off or abandoned for whatever reason and I saw something on Twitter on the night of the rearranged fixture they were doing a free hot dog/burger + a hot drink

So this wouldnt be the first time they've made a great gesture. When in this occasion it was something that wasn't even their fault.

And now it will be free for all fans, home and away.......................http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32133989

That's rubbish - we've complained about the ref, complained about the pitch before the game started, complained about the pitch when the game started, complained about the groundsman, complained about the vouchers and complained about the cost ........... and then they (Berry) go and make it free.

We'll have to find something else to moan about now ...............:sad:

That's rubbish - we've complained about the ref, complained about the pitch before the game started, complained about the pitch when the game started, complained about the groundsman, complained about the vouchers and complained about the cost ........... and then they (Berry) go and make it free.

We'll have to find something else to moan about now ...............:sad:

We could moan about spelling. Berry?

I am not able to get to the re-arranged fixture (I was there Saturday) and although this will cost Bury money it will cost our club the expeneses, travel, hotels, disruption etc to play in front of a BIG BIG home crowd spurred on for 3 pts. This helps Bury get the points which, obviously, we both need. The real slap in the face would be if it is televised now and BFC get that money!:'(
And our club shop didn't know yesterday what was happening with the vouchers, which are now worthless pieces of paper.

Back