• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

C2C Line

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
07:53 Shoeburyness to London Fenchurch Street due 09:01
Delay: 07:53 from Shoeburyness.
This train is being delayed between Westcliff and Chalkwell.
This is due to an unattended bag on a train at Chalkwell..

we all got kicked off the 0700 at Westcliff due to a 'suspect package'..................someone's pork pie was ticking or something
mad.gif

0709 from Thorpe Bay - no delays (but had an unscheduled stop at Upminster!)

At least its in the morning on the way too work rather than on the way home, that used to really $%&* me off especially on a Friday.
mad.gif

Thats one of the many things i dont miss about blighty.

i would hope they keep these kind of checks up.... for a long time to come

On the subject of security, trains et al, I noticed in the news that the British transport Police are now using sniffer dogs on the underground who are able to smell explosives.

Now I'm no genius, or at least no-one else thinks I am, but If I was a terrorist, a) I wouldn't use the same idea twice, and b) If I did, I'd use a mainline train.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ July 20 2005,22:28)]On the subject of security, trains et al, I noticed in the news that the British transport Police are now using sniffer dogs on the underground who are able to smell explosives.

Now I'm no genius, or at least no-one else thinks I am, but If I was a terrorist, a) I wouldn't use the same idea twice, and b) If I did,  I'd use a mainline train.
There have been the odd copper at platforms on overground stations just outside London e.g Surrey, Herts. Pretty pointless considering they couldn't stop a terrorist and thats if they could notice one. Same with the BTP dogs. I think its all about presence and trying to reassure people that the Police arn't just sitting on there arses.

rock.gif
laugh.gif

Back