• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Callum Taylor

"Especially when he has bleated to the world that he has been overlooked because of his race."

I would be interested in this.

Can you point me in the direction of the relevant quotes/links -

I would point you in the direction if I had the capability of when and what I was watching \hearing
I respect your views on Campbell Raleigh boy and think i understand how they would be formed. Differing facts and opinions result in different views. Mine is no more valid than yours, but I feel compelled to mention things because his management did indirectly affect people close to me.
Think it was talksport and the tv football show where they discuss issues. I m pretty sure I heard and watched such comments in respect of campbell.
I don't know him personally but know quite a few who did!!! I'm being polite when I say he was apparently very strange with the player management skills of a disinterested novice. That's ignoring the inappropriate contact he made to more than one players partner and club person.

I would point you in the direction if I had the capability of when and what I was watching \hearing
I respect your views on Campbell Raleigh boy and think i understand how they would be formed. Differing facts and opinions result in different views. Mine is no more valid than yours, but I feel compelled to mention things because his management did indirectly affect people close to me.
Think it was talksport and the tv football show where they discuss issues. I m pretty sure I heard and watched such comments in respect of campbell.
I don't know him personally but know quite a few who did!!! I'm being polite when I say he was apparently very strange with the player management skills of a disinterested novice. That's ignoring the inappropriate contact he made to more than one players partner and club person.

sure - but lets see if someone has got some links.

Just put Sol Campbell and race into google and you will find all you are looking for.

Just put Sol Campbell and race into google and you will find all you are looking for.

blimey - not sure if I have time go through it all .. very educational indeed ..

I wonder if any of our posters did any racial stereotyping..

blimey - not sure if I have time go through it all .. very educational indeed ..

I wonder if any of our posters did any racial stereotyping..
Just guessing here .... I expect they were going purely and simply on their assessment of him as a manager of Southend United - rather like you have done with MM in fact.

Just guessing here .... I expect they were going purely and simply on their assessment of him as a manager of Southend United - rather like you have done with MM in fact.

I know very fair comment ...

but its a bit like looking at stupid things footballers have said and decided this one should never be allowed to forget his ..

My biggest footballing hero is Paul Gascoigne - best player I have ever seen play - destroyed by the Hoddle ego... who is a total toss post but got loads of jobs - still does.. you see

Funny old world.

That first game of the season and that playing from the back mistake will always stay in my mind with him. ?

this management team don't seem very interested in our youth development ...

i liked it when it was all our kids playing
The management team consisting of Ricky Duncan, who heads our youth development, Fagan who coached the u23s and Brown who was instrumental in forming our u23s during his first stint you mean?

I would assume that management team value youth but, at the same time, realise they need to make some tough decisions that effect the careers of that youth. We can have our own opinions on individual players, of course, but they spend day after day with these players and I would hope they know what find of young players might fit in with their overall plan.

I took it to mean the first team keepers not keepers in general, he was training with the U23 keepers at the start of the season.

For me having a 19 year lad and an 18 year old as your number 2 and 3 is probably too much and they needed an experienced keeper to come in, sadly we didnt get one.

I know they rate the 16 or 17 year old lad very highly indeed, cant think of his name right now but I think it is a double barrelled surname.
Not Jamie Grossart?

That first game of the season and that playing from the back mistake will always stay in my mind with him. ?

You are thinking about Richard Taylor, the CB/LB who did have a mare first game of the season. Callum Taylor didn't play this season. I think he had 20 mins in the 19/20 season when Oxley came off injured or sent off

You are thinking about Richard Taylor, the CB/LB who did have a mare first game of the season. Callum Taylor didn't play this season. I think he had 20 mins in the 19/20 season when Oxley came off injured or sent off
Yeh either way what ever Taylor it was he was a clown.

Back