• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can R.M. get the embargo lifted? Our only chance.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
11 Players = 18 Goals. Till now. 1 Lee Barnard = 17 Goals till January.

Francis Laurent 3
Matthew Paterson 2
Scott Spencer 2
Scott Vernon 2
Franck Moussa 2
Alan McCormack 2
Adam Barrett 1
Damian Scannell 1
Jean Francois Christophe 1
Simon Francis 1
Pat Baldwin 1

I think these shocking stats show One of the main reasons we can't win a game, and how difficult it will be to survive the drop. We desperately need to loan a premiership reserve hot-shot to bang in some goals.

Francis Laurent 3
Matthew Paterson 2
Scott Spencer 2
Scott Vernon 2
Franck Moussa 2
Alan McCormack 2
Adam Barrett 1
Damian Scannell 1
Simon Francis 1
Pat Baldwin 1

I think these shocking stats show One of the main reasons we can't win a game, and how difficult it will be to survive the drop. We desperately need to loan a premiership reserve hot-shot to bang in some goals.

Plus a premiership reserve creative midfielder to supply the hot-shot striker...........and whilst we are about it, a premiership reserve solid central defender, who can stop us leaking so many goals. Oh! .......and these three will need to show exemplary commitment and gel together with the rest of the side ............by Saturday please!
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude or demeaning of your post, but I fear that the time for this kind of action was a month or so ago. I'm very much afraid that the dye is cast and as Tilly stoically puts it, "We'll have to do with what we've got".

Really starting to wish this season over its been doom and gloom for so long. Reaching the stage now where I go to the match through habit and nothing else. There is no anticipation before a match no excitement. At the end of last season Ron promised we would not be in the same position again with so many loan players well he was right we are in a worse position with even more loan players and none of them brilliant. In the championship he promised us that come January he would open a warchest. Why make these empty promises he must know them to be untrue. Fear next week will be more empty promises. We are almost certainly playing league two football next year and if he doesnt want Blue Square the season after he must start to put some investment into the team be it his money or somebodyelses.

Which has resulted in a stain on RM's character, no doubt....

:whistling:

Shouldn't post when I'm half awake or even half asleep! That certainly puts a stain or a die on my use of the English Language...............mind you, that's been pretty dodgy for years.
Nice to see you back again Tom..........could say that you've come back 'in at the death'? ;)
Got rid of all that snow yet???

We all knew as soon as Barney was off we would be struggling.

For me we have goalscorers, Vernon is a good pro, Spencer has some skills and Paterson looks an excellent player, it's in midfield that we are really struggling, we have no one providing our strikers with any chances whatsoever.

If Ron ever gets the embargo lifted then we need to get in an experienced central midfielder who can put his foot on the ball and pick a pass.

Oh, and after the Exeter result last night, I also believe we need to start against Carlisle with all three strikers on the field! We need goals, I don't care if we lose (I do really) as long as we go out fighting.

Shouldn't post when I'm half awake or even half asleep! That certainly puts a stain or a die on my use of the English Language...............mind you, that's been pretty dodgy for years.
Nice to see you back again Tom..........could say that you've come back 'in at the death'? ;)
Got rid of all that snow yet???

It's always good to be able to stamp out incorrect usage.....

Never the death, Julian, just one more twist in the fascinating saga of SUFC!

We all knew as soon as Barney was off we would be struggling.

For me we have goalscorers, Vernon is a good pro, Spencer has some skills and Paterson looks an excellent player, it's in midfield that we are really struggling, we have no one providing our strikers with any chances whatsoever.

If Ron ever gets the embargo lifted then we need to get in an experienced central midfielder who can put his foot on the ball and pick a pass.

Oh, and after the Exeter result last night, I also believe we need to start against Carlisle with all three strikers on the field! We need goals, I don't care if we lose (I do really) as long as we go out fighting.

I agree, 4-3-3 is the way forward, i don't care if we ship 3 goals as long as we score 4, best form of defence is attack, and attack we must, we know that defensively we are crap.

At the end of last season Ron promised we would not be in the same position again with so many loan players.

It was after that comment that I brought 4 season tickets for this year, need a lot more spin to con me this time round!!

Plus a premiership reserve creative midfielder to supply the hot-shot striker...........and whilst we are about it, a premiership reserve solid central defender, who can stop us leaking so many goals. Oh! .......and these three will need to show exemplary commitment and gel together with the rest of the side ............by Saturday please!
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude or demeaning of your post, but I fear that the time for this kind of action was a month or so ago. I'm very much afraid that the dye is cast and as Tilly stoically puts it, "We'll have to do with what we've got".

Of course we need more than just a goalscorer, this side is very poor and we probably need a change in about 5 positions.

Just saying that if we could get someone banging them in, we would have a chance of survival. You can't win without scoring, and with our defence giving so many easy chances to the opposition, then Two or more goals would be the target.

Really starting to wish this season over its been doom and gloom for so long. Reaching the stage now where I go to the match through habit and nothing else. There is no anticipation before a match no excitement. At the end of last season Ron promised we would not be in the same position again with so many loan players well he was right we are in a worse position with even more loan players and none of them brilliant. In the championship he promised us that come January he would open a warchest. Why make these empty promises he must know them to be untrue. Fear next week will be more empty promises. We are almost certainly playing league two football next year and if he doesnt want Blue Square the season after he must start to put some investment into the team be it his money or somebodyelses.

Im with you. Cant say I am looking forward to the next two home games in the slightest.

I agree, 4-3-3 is the way forward, i don't care if we ship 3 goals as long as we score 4, best form of defence is attack, and attack we must, we know that defensively we are crap.

No, no, no, no, no. 4-4-****ing-2 everyday of the week.

Players at this level aren't intelligent to adopt different formations. Under Tilson we have used 4-4-2 for most of the time, and that has brought about success. He has also tried 3-5-2, 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 and I don't think we have even won a game adopting these formations.

Remember the Wycombe game when we played 4-3-3 and it ended up more 4-5-1. Its depressing.

4-4-2 gives you balance across the pitch. 4-4-2 is the way forward.

No, no, no, no, no. 4-4-****ing-2 everyday of the week.

Players at this level aren't intelligent to adopt different formations. Under Tilson we have used 4-4-2 for most of the time, and that has brought about success. Please elaborate on success?? this year, last or the one before? He has also tried 3-5-2, 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 and I don't think we have even won a game adopting these formations. When was the last game we won using 4-4-2?

Remember the Wycombe game when we played 4-3-3 and it ended up more 4-5-1. Its depressing. More depressing than the Exeter game?

4-4-2 gives you balance across the pitch. 4-4-2 is the way forward.

I don't mean to sound pedantic, or argumentative, indeed I have always advocated 4-4-2, but we haven't won a game in 2010 - we must do something different, surely?

I don't mean to sound pedantic, or argumentative, indeed I have always advocated 4-4-2, but we haven't won a game in 2010 - we must do something different, surely?

Not a problem.

Just look at the Swindon game as an example. 2-0 down in 10 minutes playing a 3-5-2. A bore draw at home against Wycombe, who where second bottom at the time (and still are) with an isolated front man in Paterson.

We have tried to do something different with the 3-5-2, 4-5-1 and 4-3-3. Although not technically a win, against Swindon, when Tilson switched it to 4-4-2 at half time, we won the second half 2-0.

Yes things haven't been going well, but its not because of a 4-4-2 formation, its with the messing about with different formations that have cost us, and also the players being used in those positions.

Not a problem.

Just look at the Swindon game as an example. 2-0 down in 10 minutes playing a 3-5-2. A bore draw at home against Wycombe, who where second bottom at the time (and still are) with an isolated front man in Paterson.

We have tried to do something different with the 3-5-2, 4-5-1 and 4-3-3. Although not technically a win, against Swindon, when Tilson switched it to 4-4-2 at half time, we won the second half 2-0.

Yes things haven't been going well, but its not because of a 4-4-2 formation, its with the messing about with different formations that have cost us, and also the players being used in those positions.

Personally I think our midfield has let us down massively this season. I have always liked 4-4-2, but surely we are at the last chance saloon now? If, we stay 4-4-2 with Paterson and Vernon starting would you then sub one of them and bring on Spencer as what happend in the Exeter game?

I would be happy starting 4-4-2 and if it's not going well then go three at the back and try to win the game by brining on another striker. What Tilly should have done on Saturday but didn't.

Aren't we in a mess! Who'd be a football manager?

Looking on the brighter side. We signed Spencer and Patterson on permanent deals in January and they have scored 2 each (nearly as much as Walker and Revell got in their whole career with us). Vernon and Baldwin joined on loan in January too and have scored aswell.

Doesn't matter how many or how good the strikers are, if you don't provide for them they will not score!

For me Simon francis is probably the class player in the side, with more vision than the rest put together. Why not try him as our CM provider.

Desperate circumstances means desperate measures, we need to try something new, our league position proves this!

Francis Laurent 3
Matthew Paterson 2
Scott Spencer 2
Scott Vernon 2
Franck Moussa 2
Alan McCormack 2
Adam Barrett 1
Damian Scannell 1
Simon Francis 1
Pat Baldwin 1

I think you'll find that the Chairman is more interested in getting us out of Roots Hall -and Sainsbury's in- rather than getting the transfer embargo lifted,at least as far as this season is concerned.:(

I think you'll find that the Chairman is more interested in getting us out of Roots Hall -and Sainsbury's in- rather than getting the transfer embargo lifted,at least as far as this season is concerned.:(

He's doing a great job of leading us out of this league :whistling:

Back