• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Can you invite people to a stag but not your wedding?

Options

• Any chance of one night of passion before you tie the knot (Women only please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Lads help.

I am starting to think about my stag do which will be sometime June/July next year. As some of you will know I have a good mate in Malaga who sometimes comes over to watch the Blues and I shall be paying him a visit with lots of my close friends (Plus Ldn Fasto).

My dilema is I have about 15 odd people for the stag which is good numbers. Now I have got a few extra mates that I would like to invite on my stag do but I just cant find room for them at the wedding due to numbers constraints.

Is it acceptable to invite someone your stag do but not to the wedding? I know the lads well enough to square it with them but I am not sure if it might seem like a snub.

Cheers
DtS

Ahem....

:whistling:

And yes mate, its fine. We are blokes for god sake, stop worrying.

Its your big day, you decide. If they think anything of you they would understand, if it was down to money or whatever restrictions. If they don't tough!

A mate had to do this a little while back & it wasn't a problem.

Problem is we have a marquee is the garden and capacity is 100 and were at 99.......Could see if dad can give it a miss I guess...

Ideal solution

I could be a waiter on the day, (or a bouncer), I'd earn a couple of extra quid and I would be there but you wouldn't have to include me in the numbers. Of course we wouldn't be able to acknowlege each other but it would be extra pocket money for my next away game.

Dad of DtS

Dave, if you've got a limit on wedding guests (we did - it was also 100) then you may well struggle to get all your mates along. I had 20-odd on my stage do and some of the lads had to miss out on the wedding day, simple as that.

I don't know what your family situation is, but we had so many 'must invites' as both Jennifer and I have quite big families. That meant some of the lads who are a good laugh but not really close mates could only be invited to the stag.

Have a great stag trip and an even better wedding day :clap:

Dave, if you've got a limit on wedding guests (we did - it was also 100) then you may well struggle to get all your mates along. I had 20-odd on my stage do and some of the lads had to miss out on the wedding day, simple as that.

I don't know what your family situation is, but we had so many 'must invites' as both Jennifer and I have quite big families. That meant some of the lads who are a good laugh but not really close mates could only be invited to the stag.

Have a great stag trip and an even better wedding day :clap:

Exactly what i was going to post, we have 2 large families between us and both of us had to miss a fair few folk off the guest list that were at the Stag and hen night respectively.

If i was at a mates Stag night but he could not fit me on the guest list for the actual wedding i would totaly understand.

Dave,

In all honesty what would most blokes rather do? go on a stag do or get dressed up, go to church and meet the relatives. It's not a problem.

The problem would be saying you can go the weding but you can't do the stag do.

Yes it is acceptable if you cant get them to come to your wedding, but for them to go to your stag do. At my mate's wedding, he invited a couple of lads to the stag do but he didnt actually want them to go to the wedding. Obv he didnt tell them this, but it was all fine in the end - the groom got his wish, and they didnt go to wedding.

I've actually got to start thinking about my Hen do and who to invite, so cheers for reminding me about this!

Some might want 2 go on the Stag night & avoid the wkend etc, ask them, give reasoning etc - job done.

And good luck - Congratulations

Almost essential to invite them I'd say - most weddings are restricted on numbers, and it's a way of keeping them involved. They'd be more ****** off if you didnt invite them to anything than if you did to stag do and explained

personally i think they should get an invite, but if you are really limited by numbers then i suppose they're the easiest to miss off the list.

Only once been invited on a stag and not been invited to a wedding. To be honest, it felt a wee bit odd going on the stag... it was as if he felt that he didn't have enough bloke-ish mates who were going to his wedding to make a proper go of it for his stag, so I was along making up the numbers.

Curiously, though, I did end up going to the wedding as my mate's missus was ill, so I went in her place!

Back